Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Blake Griffin spills water on a Warriors fan

who knows what diseases blake has, this guy could get hepatitis or something if it went in his eye/mouth. Joe Strummer got hep from a fan's saliva going in his eye. Blake should be fined.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Do you get the concept of paying ~10-20k for a front row seat and getting water dumped on you? Clippers organization has probably reached out and comped the fan for his tickets.

Sliver needs to come down hard on this.
    What do you expect?

We all want players to act normal and not be so fake. Well, when they do act normal, with normal behaviors, we throw up our hands in an uproar and cry to the heavens about how that player should be punished.

WHY do you think players are so guarded and don't want to be bothered with fans/media/etc. It's stuff like this. When they do go out and interact and be themselves we cannot handle it. We want everything done our way and perfectly. We don't really want them to act normal, etc.

If you pay that much money for a seat in that section, with the opposing team shirt on, then you clap and mock the opposing team player, what do you think he might do or say? He might just toss a cup of water on you, give you a stare down, or curse at you.

That's call being human and having emotions. I'm sorry that Blake Griffin is human.

You guys want robots, not humans apparently. Again, it was only a small cup of WATER!
    Last edited by Foster5k; 04-19-2014 at 07:36 PM.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

If he gets suspended, the Clippers year is over

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    What do you expect?

We all want players to act normal and not be so fake. Well, when they do act normal, with normal behaviors, we throw up our hands in an uproar and cry to the heavens about how that player should be punished.

WHY do you think players are so guarded and don't want to be bother with fans/media/etc. Because of stuff like this. When they do go out and interact and be themselves we cannot handle it. We want everything done our way and perfectly. We don't really want them to act normal, etc.

If you pay that much money for a seat in that section, with the opposing team shirt on, then you clap and mock the opposing team player, what do you think he might do or say? He might just toss a cup of water on you, give you a stare down, or curse at you.

That's call being human and having emotions. I'm sorry that Blake Griffin is human.

You guys want robots, not humans apparently. Again, it was only a small cup of WATER!
    You don't seem to understand the concept that professional athletes are not supposed to have any hostile physical interaction with fans. You can't touch them, you can't throw things at them. Hecklers are everywhere in sporting venues. Griffin needs to grow up. Clippers fans defending Griffin need to get a better grasp of reality.

Made that high school varsity squad Westbrook0's Avatar

Blake was asked about it after the game.

"I heard the guy talking to me but... first off it wasn't a full cup. It was about a half cup. I take my mouth piece out after the game (unintelligible mumbling). If it happened, I apologize. It's just water."

Not airballing my layups anymore Metroid's Avatar

Funny gif. But I'm actually more offended by him throwing the cup.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Silver needs to fine Blake for this. Not acceptable behavior interacting with a fan in any physical way.
    Even if he's likely a techie douche working in Silicon Valley?

Made that high school varsity squad Westbrook0's Avatar

If the fan was thinking quickly, he should have flailed his arms up and flopped to the ground. That would have been the most epic fan reaction in history.

Play of the game..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook0
    Blake was asked about it after the game.

"I heard the guy talking to me but... first off it wasn't a full cup. It was about a half cup. I take my mouth piece out after the game (unintelligible mumbling). If it happened, I apologize. It's just water."
    being a cup of water he's already drunk out of makes it worse...

Not airballing my layups anymore

I love how he just throws the cup casually (aimed at the fan)

Not airballing my layups anymore Metroid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    1 game suspension should be handed out at the minimum. Ron Artest beat a fans ass for spilling a drink on him and that fan got banned from Pacer games for life.
    Spilling a drink?

NBA Superstar

If intentionally dumping water on a fan doesn't warrant a suspension then I don't know what does.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Metroid
    Spilling a drink?
    he acknowledged in the post game that he heard the fan having a go and said it was only water. he didn't spill it...

anyway fine not suspension

NBA lottery pick

You don't seem to understand the concept that professional athletes are not supposed to have any hostile physical interaction with fans. You can't touch them, you can't throw things at them. Hecklers are everywhere in sporting venues. Griffin needs to grow up. Clippers fans defending Griffin need to get a better grasp of reality.
    I think you're the one that needs to grasp reality. You're apparently in a parallel universe where humans are robots and do exactly as they are told and programmed to do. I'm sorry but that's not how life works.

Griffin was in the heat of the moment. He had just fouled out of a crucial playoff game that was going down to the wire. He was being mocked at by a fan within 1-2 feet from him, with an opposing team's shirt on. No doubt, the guy was probably doing this the entire game.

It was just a small cup of water. Griffin didn't push or deck the guy. How was the fan harmed?

We can sit here and debate how professionals are suppose to act till the cows come home. The point is, we're all human. Griffin acted in the heat of competition. An act which in and of itself was harmless.

Hell, he even apologized during the interview. Fan didn't get hurt in any form or fashion.

If anything Griffin was verbally abused.