Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 02-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #16
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: team needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
yeah, OWL is totally correct here. in college, ammo had an excellent shot and he was really, really strong. he was always a very aggressive player, and being aggressive and strong are two very favorable traits for the NBA. he never was very fast, but he never needed to be. it's unfortunate that he's been so bad in the NBA.

Thank you for explaining this better than I could!
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:24 PM   #17
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

The big problem with Morrison is this, something we should have seen coming...

If he had played at a big time college such as UCLA, UNC, Duke, etc. and had played like he did at Gonzaga, then he'd no doubt be a stud in the league. However, with Gonzaga being such a small school, their arena being relatively small, and Morrison being the best guy on the team, not only was his confidence high, but he wasn't playing in the most pressure-packed situations. In the NBA during his rookie year, he was expected to play like he did in Gonzaga, and there was monumental pressure on him, and now instead of playing conference pushovers like Portland State, he was playing with guys twice as good as him and he totally buckled.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #18
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Just an idea...
Maybe Charlotte should trade Mohammed & Morrison + Ajinca + a 2nd round pick for Larry Hughes.

Hughes is a great defender and can give Charlotte some quickness and back up injured Wallace.

Both teams should benefit from this trade as Chicago's really thin at C and PF, but most importantly, Del Negro doesn't play Hughes at all (i.e. he's in Chicago's INACTIVE LIST with no injury). Charlotte can part with players which doesn't need a lot.

Chicago'll have to waive someone but I don't think that's a big deal.

We don't play Morrison, Mohammed, and Ajinca a lot as well, plus Chicago can decline Morrison's option for next year, but the only con's that they have to take Mohammed's contract to 2010/11.

As for Ajinca, I really have no faith that he'll become a good NBA player; he's likely to become the soft touch shooting type big man such as LaMarcus (should I capitalize M?) Aldridge, but very weak in posting & post moves.

Forget about the 2nd round pick since Jordan's the guy in charge of FO. It's sad that Higgins can't make his own decision. It's like Jordan's his dad or somesort...

Honestly, this is probably the best move besides trading Felton.
I'm really worried that MJ'll blow up Felton trade if that happens.....
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #19
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

3 for 1? We're already doing 10 day contracts for guys. We've used 22 different players this year and you want to free up 2 more roster spots? On top of getting rid of 2 big men leaving us with only 3 bigs?
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #20
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
3 for 1? We're already doing 10 day contracts for guys. We've used 22 different players this year and you want to free up 2 more roster spots? On top of getting rid of 2 big men leaving us with only 3 bigs?

Charlotte's FO has been working hard to ship Mohammed out of Queen City. Mohammed could have packed with Felton and traded to Dallas but didn't happen.

Larry Brown simply doesn't want Morrison in his lineup but he doesn't have a choice when Wallace's out indefinitely (well...he says he'll be back just about the all-star break but I don't believe it. It's always better to be a little more pessimistic and prepare for the worst rather than believing you're the luckiest person).

Ajinca isn't gonna be a solid player for, I say at least two years. He's too thin and not muscular enough to box out against power big men, much like Primoz Brezec. Plus we'll never know how fast he'll improve, too much uncertainty.

Even though Charlotte has only 3 big men (i.e. Okafor, Diop, and Diaw), they play most of the minutes at PF/C, except that Diaw's playing much more at SF since Wallace's injured. I personally feel that Diaw's most effective at PF. Playing Okafor at PF will collapse the entire defense, too slow. (see Atlanta at Charlotte, how Marvin Williams drew so many fouls...)

By the way, Charlotte still has Juwan Howard who has contributed very well. Howard can be a solid role player providing experience and some bench relief.

The loss of Mohammed, Ajinca, and Morrison will not create a huge impact to Charlotte's rotation (yeah...see how many minutes they play combined...)

As a result, there are 4 players in Charlotte's roster playing frontcourt (not even including chubby May...). Okafor and Diop will play C, while Diaw and Howard play PF.

However, if you look at Charlotte's backcourt, Augustin, Bell, and Wallace have all injured this season (Bell's injured twice; even though not severe, the injury will sure affect his performance). Shannon Brown is not a long term solution for a solid backup at SG or PG and I don't think he dribbles too well.

If Felton will be traded in near future, Charlotte will need a veteran guard to help out distributing the ball. Though Hughes' not the best solution out there, he's probably the easiest to acquire and can play multiple positions. Quite a few veteran point guards have been traded this season (e.g. Antonio Daniels, Mike James, and recently Tyronn Lue), so getting a veteran PG's an uneasy task.

did I just write an ESSAY?
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #21
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

team needs - Gerald Wallace
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #22
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
team needs - Gerald Wallace

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #23
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

I think the Cats should try to nab Tyreke Evans from Memphis. This dude can really ball. When Memphis first started the season they didnt really have a true PG to start the season off with but soon as the Memphis Tigers put him at the PG spot they started to inmprove and they are 13-0 with him at the PG spot. He would be a good SG for the Cats. Playing both SG and PG spots and a lil SF. 6'6 and 219lbs.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #24
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

A shooting guard!

Right now at the 1/2 we have Felton, DJ and Singletary. Even after Raja comes back we're looking at Felton as being the only guy who can give him any rest, and Felton can't play 48 every night.

There has got to be a move to address that, and soon.

And for the poster who said Gerald Wallace...boy do we.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #25
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

first off we have to get rid off nazr he is the only thing right now that is hurting us. 2nd of all we need to sign martin for the rest of the season to help the bench and then sign another person from the d league(Patrick ewing Jr maybe) and 3rd off sign may for 1 more year after this year. If that boy slims down a little and get himself back in shape he can average 20 points a game, if u look back the couple of games he played a few years ago he avereged 20 points and 5 rebounds a game. then in the draft get either a center or a good 2 to back up bell.
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #26
catsandheels
I brick open layups

catsandheels has an OK reputation so far

it wasnt a dumb move to pick morrison if we dont pick em the next guy will and he was a beast in college wat else were we supposed to do at the time atleast we didnt get dikembe brown with the first overall pick
catsandheels is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: