Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default He's so naive and immature that...

i think we could all use a laugh right around now. i know i could. this is the line that did it for me from today's "rivals" blog:

Quote:
the consensus is that he is so na´ve and immature that he has no idea how na´ve and immature he is

anybody ever hear of this guy, jeremy tyler? he apparently skipped college so he could fast track to NBA riches, or something like that. so far the plan's not working, to put it mildly:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...n=ncaab,200966
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: He's so naive and immature that...

Ah yes. I assumed eventually there would be a backlash of this overseas decision, but not so soon. A lot of people were likening going abroad to study abroad in college and it's totally different. They're working, not traveling the countryside on weekends or submerging themselves in a culture. They're playing alongside guys who are playing for their livelihood to feed their families and to advance their own career. It's totally different than study abroad and for a teenager to walk in amongst men with ambitions and aspirations and maturity...it won't be a smooth transition at all. I hope he comes out a better person and better player, but if this stalls his way to the NBA, I hope high school kids are really looking at this.

The NBA really needs to let high school kids declare for the draft again.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so here's the end to the current chapter on jeremy tyler:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,229072

Quote:
It's really too bad that Tyler chose to go to Israel. He would have been a highly recruited prospect, then would have attended college for a year, then been a top draft pick just from staying in the system. Instead, he's exiled in San Diego, unsure of his future.

btw, i can't agree with the idea of letting the NBA draft right out of HS. i mean, no doubt some individuals will be hurt by that rule, and that will always be unfortunate, but the amount of overall damage caused to the game by players jumping for the money to the detriment of learning to play in a system is profound. IMO.

NBA basketball is far, far less of a quality product because too many players have been skipping the fundamentals for too long. it's directly the reason why the rest of the world beat the USA at world and olympic championships for a run of about four years recently. euro guys knew how to create the easier shot through movement and passing. NBA players did not, or arguably, refused to do it. they tried to rely on 1v1 shot creation and athleticism, and it didn't work. which is why the USA eventually got wise and started choosing teams of complimentary players.

sorry, bit of a rant there. :O

Last edited by gigantes : 03-19-2010 at 06:01 PM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Well, I think I'm thinking of it in the perspective of preserving my favorite sport, college basketball. The one year rule has really hurt the college game and made it scandal-filled sport..
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: