Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: NSA helped UK set up similar system; NSA Whistleblower revealed

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    That sounds exactly like China-US diplomacy to me. Both of them love to stick their fingers in each other's eye for no reason or than show who has the biggest manhood.

It's like when the US isn't afraid to risk polluting their relationship with China by presenting the utterly insignificant Dalai Lama with the international freedom medal (or some shit), or when China is not-so-secretly organizing massive hacking raids on US intelligence and starts taking bits of India just to gauge response.

China could just as easily throw the US a bone and get a little something in return, but going to China in this situation is a better bet than most if you ask me. Guy is fu[COLOR="Black"]cked[/COLOR] if the US gets a hold of him though.

If he's so insignificant then why would China care if we give him a medal?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Because he's a traitor to the Chinese state.

Make no mistake, the Dalai Lama is currently exclusively in the picture because he's a convenient rock to throw at China. The West is outraged over the Tiananmen protests crackdown? Lets give the Dalai Lama a nobel prize. Lu Xiaobo goes to prison? Let's throw the Dalai Lama a banquet. Even though everybody in a position of power knows the Dalai Lama is a total hack who started preaching about democracy and peace only after he himself failed at becoming a dictator through violence and tyranny.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    Yes, but this guy is nobody to them, I don't think they will risk polluting their diplomatic relationship with the US over this man.
    The US does all the time. they would do it just to make a point.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    He is significant to the chinese. China asserts that it has controlled tibet since the early Qing dynasty. Functionally of course this is untrue as Mao had to invade Tibet in the 1950s (The tibetans paid the Qing dynasty tribute to avoid military conflict in the past, but its ridiculous to say China had functional control of tibet before their invasion in the 1950s).

The Chinese consider him a major threat. And they are right, he is a person that the Tibetans might rally around in an independence movement. Somewhat similar to the way black south africans rallied around Mandela. Of course china in 2013 is significantly stronger than apartheid south africa and There are 1 billion + han chinese that see tibet as an integral part of china. So dont hold your breath on tibetan independence.

Decent college freshman

This story can not be allowed to simply go away. I am waiting for more information before I formulate an opinion, but if what he alleges is true then the US government is in serious violation of the constitution. That level of surveillance is straight out of 1984. Something must be done, and we as citizens can't let the government/NSA get off easily.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    This story can not be allowed to simply go away. I am waiting for more information before I formulate an opinion, but if what he alleges is true then the US government is in serious violation of the constitution. That level of surveillance is straight out of 1984. Something must be done, and we as citizens can't let the government/NSA get off easily.
    Honestly, you guys know I am far and away from conspiracy theories and I am happy to accept a reasonably measured amount of governmental control and regulation. But this is seriously beyond the scope of reasonable or necessary. It is down right scary. The 1984 and Brave New World comparisons are becoming more apt by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Props to this man. Obama has turned out to be Bush 2.0
    I'd argue he's worse. Obama's platform while running for president was condemning Bush and the Bush Whitehouse for these and other infringements on peoples liberties. Obama has done nothing but escalate many of the very things he promised he'd stop.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    After 9/11 with the patriot act it's all inevitable. Slowly but surely we'll be in a police state where people don't even know, it's all taking one step at a time.

Notice how the media glorifies terrorism and other bizarre events(like mass shootings) as a tool to trick the public into thinking it's actually a serious threat when stats show that more people die from getting struck by lighting than a terrorist act(i don't even think anyone in the US died from a terrorist act from 2006-2011 or something).

The government will say they are doing this to keep us safe but we all know they are using it to keep us in check. #datoligarchy

It's the same thing with guns. I'm not a gun enthusiast(never was, never will, don't promote it) but notice how all of a sudden these mass shootings pop out of everywhere? Next thing we'll know the second amendment will be annulled. Probably because you can't have a police state without an armed population.

The sh*t is officially hitting the fan and I love it

Shine a light on these roaches and watch them run ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    The sh*t is officially hitting the fan and I love it

Shine a light on these roaches and watch them run ...
    Nothing will happen because most people don't care if they monitor electronic communications.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Honestly, you guys know I am far and away from conspiracy theories and I am happy to accept a reasonably measured amount of governmental control and regulation. But this is seriously beyond the scope of reasonable or necessary. It is down right scary. The 1984 and Brave New World comparisons are becoming more apt by the day.
    Our government has created false flag attacks to sell to the public to pursue their own goals. Classic events like the sinking of the USS Maine, Lusitania, Alamo, Gulf of Tomkin bay, etc, were all staged by the US to enter War so they can sell it to the public.

What makes it different today? Government wants more spying and monitoring? Just create a false flag terrorist incident.

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Nothing will happen because most people don't care if they monitor electronic communications.

Most people actually are against this.. Ive seen a poll or two.. and secondly it doesnt matter as much as the intense heat from the exposure that will halt (even if only for a time) this program..

Like I said, this is akin to turning on the lights and watching the roaches scatter...

You think these companies want to be involved in this scandal? You think Obama want his precious legacy scarred with this "Bush" type scandal?

it is compounding on Obama after the reporter scandal and IRS thing... Now he has this major situation to deal with and the jig is up for him.. The lies have to stop..

I also think the whistleblower did a good thing by outing himself so it would be a big deal whatever happens to him.. People know who he is now and his fate will be a story regardless.. Same with Glenn Greenwald (who I think is a brilliant journalist)... Greenwald basically is saying f*ck them.. they need to respect the 1st and 4th amendments to the constitution... There will be lawsuits as a result of this news..

People love to piggyback off of a brave individual, and now this is news and this is law suit material...

this is exactly why the government tried so hard to keep it secret, because it tarnishes so many groups if the public finds out.. Google and youtube, and yahoo and facebook all have denials.. they dont want their customer knowing they they just give away this info for the government to spy on us... This is ugly stuff and and the sh*t is hitting the fan just like should

i love it

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Most people actually are against this.. Ive seen a poll or two.. and secondly it doesnt matter as much as the intense heat from the exposure that will halt (even if only for a time) this program..

Like I said, this is akin to turning on the lights and watching the roaches scatter...

You think these companies want to be involved in this scandal? You think Obama want his precious legacy scarred with this "Bush" type scandal?

it is compounding on Obama after the reporter scandal and IRS thing... Now he has this major situation to deal with and the jig is up for him.. The lies have to stop..

I also think the whistleblower did a good thing by outing himself so it would be a big deal whatever happens to him.. People know who he is now and his fate will be a story regardless.. Same with Glenn Greenwald (who I think is a brilliant journalist)... Greenwald basically is saying f*ck them.. they need to respect the 1st and 4th amendments to the constitution... There will be lawsuits as a result of this news..

People love to piggyback off of a brave individual, and now this is news and this is law suit material...

this is exactly why the government tried so hard to keep it secret, because it tarnishes so many groups if the public finds out.. Google and youtube, and yahoo and facebook all have denials.. they dont want their customer knowing they they just give away this info for the government to spy on us... This is ugly stuff and and the sh*t is hitting the fan just like should

i love it
    It's nice to have dreams but like I said nothing will happen.

People don't care if the government looks to see where their phone calls are being made to and they certainly don't care about e-mails. A vast majority of the public is made up of law abiding citizens who have nothing to fear from this type of intrusion. I'd venture to say that many welcome it or embrace it as a way to have early warning of possible terrorist attacks

You keep beating that angry guy drum though, maybe somebody will listen to you
    Last edited by daily; 06-10-2013 at 11:24 PM.

BTW, was this the law that was passed or voted on immediately after the Boston bombings? Perfect timing eh?

As to Rasheed's post I hope the ball can get rolling. We've had the whole wiki leaks situation going on for years with alot of leaked info out and with the handling of the owner but it still hasn't produced an "awakening".

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    What?
    I know