Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Cleveland Fans React To LeBron James Leaving Photos/Videos

it was a botch, although i've got half a mind to believe that's more because of lbj's boring monotonous scripted personality than the idea itself. had arenas or iverson or shaq done something like this - it might very well have been more well received. those guys might have been able to play to the crowd and make lighter of the situation. or maybe it had no chance of working and even the most marketable star would've f*cked it up.

i just said it wasn't an end of the world botch that destroys both his credibility and legacy. it was just a stupid thing to do. nobody wants to hear lebron talk, he's annoying and inarticulate. they want to watch him play basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by knobs
    it was a botch, although i've got half a mind to believe that's more because of lbj's boring monotonous scripted personality than the idea itself. had arenas or iverson or shaq done something like this - it might very well have been more well received. or maybe it would've been.

i just said it wasn't an end of the world botch that destroys both his credibility and legacy. it was just a stupid thing to do. nobody wants to hear lebron talk, he's annoying and inarticulate. they want to watch him play basketball.
    I don't think his legacy is destroyed and I've never trusted his credibility so that wasn't effected either from my point of view. The thing about the other guys you listed is -- none of them had the clean "savior" image that Lebron worked so hard to shape and cultivate over his career. He had made himself out to be a loyal guy over his career and the one hour specticle just totally shattered that. It was just a bad move. Him leaving Cleveland for Miami would have sent shockwaves regardless but he is viewed much more negatively for doing it on a premeditated national stage.

Decent playground baller

i can probably agree with some of that, although i don't know how sold the world was on lebron being mr. cleveland. not with rumours of him springing to the east coast having spread for the last three years.

but i really just don't think that stuff is much worth discussing. then we're just arguing over the degree to which dear rba and his fellow buckeyes are overreacting. the main point is - they're overreacting. lol

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knobs
    that means you rba - give me a break man. you have some right to be upset for all the city invested into the man and his talent, but at the end of the day, he was a free agent and clearly valued winning (or having the appearance of a winner - not important) over all else. so he chose that path. somewhat of a d*ck move, but far from unprecedented.

the conspiracy theories are bs.
    Which conspiracy theories are you referencing? And, I reserve the right to despise LeBron. Now that it is beginning to set in, I can be a bit more rational about it, but this is something that Cleveland will likely never suddenly 'get over.'

You know I love ya, but you aren't from here... You don't understand. Going out of his way the way that he did was just completely unnecessary. Our city has been a part of more sports disasters than I would care to list, but this just vaulted right to the top.

And, again... Not just that he left, but how it all went down.

Blu Ray

I'm not a fan of Cleveland, but I think he f*cked with the entire collective sports world by pulling that insanely bullshit stunt. I respected him as a player before and never liked him, and now I just hate his guts.

I think the reason I identify with both sides so much is because I'm very close to the situation in Ohio (Pittsburgh is very close and many support the Cavs because they are the nearest NBA team) while I am also seperated from it (because I don't live in Ohio and I am a 76ers fan). I see both sides of it and I'm unsure where I lie regarding the situation. Only time will tell how I actually feel about it, but I will probably end up forgiving him because I'm not a Cavs fan.

FYI: I'm done talking about this whole thing. I've let my feelings be known and my venting is now over. There is no sense in rehashing the same sh!t over and over. The dust has settled and initial outrage has subsided.

I don't want to give the impression that this LeBronomania is still dominating my thoughts... It isn't. I'm done with it.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

I was really hoping for Lebron to sign with the Knicks. The Amare/Lebron vs Bosh/Wade matchup would've been epic. Not only that but it would revive the rivalry in the 90s from the Knicks and the Heat. I remember the NBA on NBC every single time the Heat and Knicks met in the playoffs there was a fight. Those were the days..

Been on vacation and wasn't online for a week to read ANY of the reaction on here. I can only imagine what it's been. Absolutely devastating, though I will continue to stick by them, as they are my team. I just wish that if his intent was to leave, that he has done so early on in the free agency process, which would have given the Cavs a chance at some free agents. I just hate the way he went about it, on TV. Put a serious dent on my vacation.

I kinda want to post more of my thoughts on this, and maybe I will just leave those for the Cavs forum, as I'm sure it's been beat to death in the main one. I doubt I have anything new or original to say that hasn't already been said a thousand times by now.
    Last edited by mlh1981; 07-12-2010 at 05:22 PM.

I know I said I wouldn't comment on this any longer... And I won't.

Just passing along information...

The LeBron James sign on the city border in Akron has been taken down and replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    But...isn't it still his home? I mean, if you go to Bill Clinton's home town it still says "Home of Bill Clinton" even though he doesn't live there anymore. Actually, I think that's the case more often than not.
    I'm pretty sure it was intended as a message to James... Actually, I'm positive that is what it is.

Lebron should put up a new hometown sign in Miami as a comeback. Like a huge billboard or something.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I don't want to give the impression that this LeBronomania is still dominating my thoughts... It isn't. I'm done with it.
    And the saga continues.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    And the saga continues.