Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 13,860
Default What does your gaming set up consist of?

Since we all have been sonned by the sheer awesomeness of a certain posters gaming rig recently I thought it only right that we make a thread where everyone could share where they "bring the pain" as well.


Not much...I just started back gaming seriously a couple years back...I'll probably get a PS3 in April, but I'm thinking of trading in the old elite for the new 360...I don't keep old games/games I don't play...I trade them or give them away or sell them and use the $ towards new ones.

Last edited by Go Getter : 01-20-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry
 
Brujesino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 209
Posts: 15,519
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

52 inch Sanyo TV.HDMI connected.Will probably buy sourround sound later this year.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er
 
glidedrxlr22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: lakers r done
Posts: 4,885
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

52 inch Samsung with a Vizio soundbar hooked up with an optical cable. Xbox 360 hooked up with component cables cause it's an old school one and PS3 hooked up with HDMI. I keep my games and controllers in a different room until needed cause I get visiting kid traffic through my house.



I also have TV Armor on the screen. It's a clear protective plastic shield that's about 1/4 of an inch thick and can take stuff being tossed at it.

Last edited by glidedrxlr22 : 01-21-2011 at 11:09 AM.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry
 
Brujesino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 209
Posts: 15,519
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
52 inch Samsung with a Vizio soundbar hooked up with an optical cable. Xbox 360 hooked up with component cables cause it's an old school one and PS3 hooked up with HDMI. I keep my games and controllers in a different room until needed cause I get visiting kid traffic through my house.
How is that?Is it better to go with surround sound?

I have a small room in apartments BTW.The more i think about it the more a soundbar sounds better since my neighbors wont complain

Last edited by Brujesino : 01-20-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er
 
glidedrxlr22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: lakers r done
Posts: 4,885
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
How is that?Is it better to go with surround sound?

I have a small room in apartments BTW.The more i think about it the more a soundbar sounds better since my neighbors wont complain

This is the one I have:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-High...d-Bar/11046520

I researched it for awhile and liked what I saw. Simple to hook up and get going. I didn't want to buy a full on receiver and speaker system and run speaker wire all over the place. For $100, the sound is pretty damn good. Even without it coming with a stand alone subwoofer, it still kicks out nice bass. You can buy a subwoofer and hook it up to the soundbar easily if you want more bass, but I don't find it necessary. I will say that this speaker works very well with games....something like Battlefield BC2 sounds tight. This is more than adequate for a small room and it saves you space. The speaker also comes with a surround feature.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 13,860
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
This is the one I have:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-High...d-Bar/11046520

I researched it for awhile and liked what I saw. Simple to hook up and get going. I didn't want to buy a full on receiver and speaker system and run speaker wire all over the place. For $100, the sound is pretty damn good. Even without it coming with a stand alone subwoofer, it still kicks out nice bass. You can buy a subwoofer and hook it up to the soundbar easily if you want more bass, but I don't find it necessary. I will say that this speaker works very well with games....something like Battlefield BC2 sounds tight. This is more than adequate for a small room and it saves you space. The speaker also comes with a surround feature.
Good looking (on the revue). Will cop.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,789
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

This is a couple years old, but it's still the same. I gotta Sony XBR7, 46 inches. I have a Sony 5.1 channell surround. A five disc Sony DVD progressive scan. I use my PS3 for Blu Ray, but I don't use it all that much to be honest. I have to say that the PS3s audio decoding is far superior to anything else out there though, and I should use it more. One of the reason I went all Sony is becuase it uses that Sync system to convert all the components at once when you move it.

Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star
 
Harrison_Barnes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,236
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
This is a couple years old, but it's still the same. I gotta Sony XBR7, 46 inches. I have a Sony 5.1 channell surround. A five disc Sony DVD progressive scan. I use my PS3 for Blu Ray, but I don't use it all that much to be honest. I have to say that the PS3s audio decoding is far superior to anything else out there though, and I should use it more. One of the reason I went all Sony is becuase it uses that Sync system to convert all the components at once when you move it.


Thats pretty nice man.. Not anything crazy but looks good.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 13,860
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
This is a couple years old, but it's still the same. I gotta Sony XBR7, 46 inches. I have a Sony 5.1 channell surround. A five disc Sony DVD progressive scan. I use my PS3 for Blu Ray, but I don't use it all that much to be honest. I have to say that the PS3s audio decoding is far superior to anything else out there though, and I should use it more. One of the reason I went all Sony is becuase it uses that Sync system to convert all the components at once when you move it.

Nice. My mom uses Sony exclusively, and after having a Sharp Aquios and a Vizio I've concluded that my next flat screen will be a Sony.

The Vizio is nice but doesn't compare.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #10
intrinsic
Local High School Star
 
intrinsic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

Glide and Go Getter: do you guys sit on the floor while you play? Those sets are positioned kinda low for what i like(maybe it's just the angle of the picture?) Could just be me, but I like to have it eye level or above.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:23 AM   #11
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 13,860
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
Glide and Go Getter: do you guys sit on the floor while you play? Those sets are positioned kinda low for what i like(maybe it's just the angle of the picture?) Could just be me, but I like to have it eye level or above.


It is kinda low but it's the perfect height when you sit on the couch.

I do light construction and home improvements (or I did) as a profession so it would be easy to throw it up on the wall but I'm waiting to upgrade my TV first.

(Some gutless bastid stole my 52" Sharp Aquios )
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:15 AM   #12
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team
 
SayTownRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,015
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Vizio soundbar

got that same one and i love it. does a decent job of bouncing the sound off the walls to give it that surround sound effect.

i'm amazed at how tinny nice TV's sound these days. this thing has vastly improved my overall media experience.

got my soundbar with the wireless subwoofer which really kicks/rumbles. it's cool that it's wireless, but i'm still not sure i want my bass coming at me from any direction other than directly in front of me...

i'll try and get a pic up soon
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
Lakerlove420
a LAKER & a DODGER fan
 
Lakerlove420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: (805) So Cal
Posts: 2,440
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
52 inch Samsung with a Vizio soundbar hooked up with an optical cable.

I too have a Samsung..It is just like Glides
(I know because he has been to my house and said so)
except mine is only a 40inch but nice fit for the room.(his 52inch).
Alot of people here talking about going all Sony
and I see the sexiness in that but I think
Glide could back up that Samsung is the bomb.
REALLY nice tv's guys.
Samsung 40inch LCD 1080p 120hz refresh rate..
(never get the 60hz if you like to watch sports)
(although 60hz is always cheaper and still probably nice)

Glide..thanks for bringing up your Vizio Soundbar..
I think my setup could benefit from something like that
and I know that you know your ish and already did the research..
I might pick one of those up. You've seen my set-up..what do you think?



(I will try to post a pic when I get home tonight..)
Lakerlove420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #14
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er
 
glidedrxlr22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: lakers r done
Posts: 4,885
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsic
Glide and Go Getter: do you guys sit on the floor while you play? Those sets are positioned kinda low for what i like(maybe it's just the angle of the picture?) Could just be me, but I like to have it eye level or above.

My living room is pretty long and I sit about 2/3 of that length back from the tv and to the right. I'm used to it.

If any of you have kids or pets around the tv, you might consider getting TV Armor:

http://www.tv-armor.com/

Here's where I got the optical cable that's connected from the soundbar to my tv:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10229&cs_id=1022901&p_i d=1447&seq=1&format=2

A 3-6 ft cable does the job. I then have my electronic components hooked up to the tv.

Last edited by glidedrxlr22 : 01-21-2011 at 11:04 AM.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #15
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er
 
glidedrxlr22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: lakers r done
Posts: 4,885
Default Re: What does your gaming set up consist of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
I too have a Samsung..It is just like Glides
(I know because he has been to my house and said so)
except mine is only a 40inch but nice fit for the room.(his 52inch).
Alot of people here talking about going all Sony
and I see the sexiness in that but I think
Glide could back up that Samsung is the bomb.
REALLY nice tv's guys.
Samsung 40inch LCD 1080p 120hz refresh rate..
(never get the 60hz if you like to watch sports)
(although 60hz is always cheaper and still probably nice)

Glide..thanks for bringing up your Vizio Soundbar..
I think my setup could benefit from something like that
and I know that you know your ish and already did the research..
I might pick one of those up. You've seen my set-up..what do you think?



(I will try to post a pic when I get home tonight..)

Yeah I think you'd benefit from this soundbar. I even hear sounds that I don't hear from just the regular tv speakers.

Vizio should pay me a commission. I think I just sent them some business with this thread.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy