Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 02-17-2008, 01:53 AM   #1
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Charles Barkley picks the Jazz

Anyone see this? Barkley was on PTI and he also mentioned it during the all-star game that he's picking the Jazz to win the championship. Do you think this is a case of him just picking a non-favourite team, or do they really have a shot?
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:01 AM   #2
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Charles Barkley picks the Jazz

We got the pieces, we got the coach, we got at least some experience. So sure it might be possible, but in this case it's just Barkley's attention mania again.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:10 AM   #3
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing....

Atleast someone in the mainstream media is getting on the Jazz I guess.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
Cowhide hits hom
I airball my layups

Cowhide hits hom has an OK reputation so far

He is trying to look good. Jazz always tend to be underated. The Jazz have a great chance to win it all so if/when the do it's a great pick to make now.

Right now the Jazz have finally put together all the peices back since the stockton/malone era, and they are argruable the best team in the NBA right now, with Boston in the Eastern conference.
Cowhide hits hom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

He picked 'em last year too...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

OlDeRaDo_64 has an OK reputation so far

Yea, its good that we have support from an ex-all star... i think the jazz can win it, they jus gotta try harder sometimes. U jus get the feelin as though they dun give a crap sometimes, like when they start playin sloppy d and making ridiculous TO's. If we can get a fluent game goin where r D and offense are gd all the time then the jazz will pull away...
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:05 PM   #7
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Barkely likes to favor the Jazz for a few reasons. He gets props for choosing a team most people overlook (small market) which makes Charles feel good. Otherwise, Charles respects rebounding and record against elite teams. That is why he liked us so much last year.

Here's a 'what if' for ya, what if we met Phoenix then Cleveland last year?
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #8
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I do kinda agree with Barkley in the fact that Utah standing pat may help them in the end. While the Suns and Lakers and maybe Dallas will be working new players into their systems, and figuring out the roles, the Jazz will have played together the whole season. Plus I get the feeling that Deron is going to go on a tear because of the all-star snub.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #9
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

hey the Jazz are a solid team, i agree! but 'go all the way' wow! the West is stacked man, i think the Jazz are again going to fall short in their quest, i mean in a 7 game series i just dont see them beating the Suns, Lakers, or Spurs. on a side note that was a nice playoff series you had with the Rockets, very entertaining. i actually think the Hornets have been underrated and flying under the radar, seems like they dont even get mentioned to get out the 1st round, and they just got better with the deal they made.
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #10
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyGreatOne
hey the Jazz are a solid team, i agree! but 'go all the way' wow! the West is stacked man, i think the Jazz are again going to fall short in their quest, i mean in a 7 game series i just dont see them beating the Suns, Lakers, or Spurs. on a side note that was a nice playoff series you had with the Rockets, very entertaining. i actually think the Hornets have been underrated and flying under the radar, seems like they dont even get mentioned to get out the 1st round, and they just got better with the deal they made.

I don't see us beating the Spurs either, for matchup reasons. We do very well against the Suns, I think we are favorites in that series. The Lakers would be incredibly close.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: