Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 06:40 PM   #61
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Re: does anyone still like arenas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Naw, grew up in Cleveland Ohio, east side.

Oh, ok... cool. Yeah, I use those terms all the time... I'm from Boston, but I know a lot of people from the South who use it a lot too.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #62
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

Quote:
they might not be as talented but neither is a selfish ballhog taking 30 shots per game, i think that kinda meant a lot when leaving gil out of team USA.

Hmmm...just for sh-its and giggles I decided to look at how many 30 shot games Gil has compared to someone you may respect....like...say....Tmac (for example purposes only, I like Tmac a lot).

So for the year Tmac is averaging 20.2 shots a game and has taken 30 shots 3 times in 48 games.

Gil is averaging 21.8 shots a game and has taken 30 shots...wait this can't be right. Only 3 times out of 56 games.

Certainly looks like gil is the ballhog taking 30 shots a game. Do some research.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #63
rknine15
Buckets Baby

rknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat coolrknine15 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
i dnt think anyone does, and people have realised how cocky he has become
LOL thats dumb...some ppl still like him duh
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #64
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp117
Professional Basketball is a form of Entertainment, mind you.
I CRIED laughing when Barkley raced Bavetta. Tim is an all time player, but he has no public persona to speak of. Its not his fault, but to denouce somebody like Gilbert for speaking his mind is nonsensical. You guys hating on charisma is pitiful.

Sure, your right. But in order to say what he's been saying you've got to back it up. And he hasn't done that as of late.

Tim Duncan had an amazing sense of humor, but no one hardly ever sees it. That means when you do see it it's just hilarious.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #65
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
shouldn't arenas be compared to wade rather than heinrich or paul? he dominates the ball and dominates the game with scoring like wade does rather than fitting in like kirk or drive / passing like cp. he should have taken wade's spot if anyone's (and the team might have been better if its 2guard could hit a jumper from 20 too).

Comparing guys like Arenas to guys like Paul is like apples and oranges. They have different games. Paul is more of a classical point guard than Arenas, Arenas is a combo guard, a natural shooting guard with point guard skills. Plus, Arenas is my dawg but he hasn't quite hit his prime yet. Yes, he's a high scorer, but he's extremely streaky - when he's hot, he's unstoppable, but when he's cold, he's REALLY cold. Plus, he's proven that even though he's the go-to guy, he still needs the rest of the three-headed monster's presence on the court to be effective. Caron and Jamison's presence alone, or lack of it, still greatly affect his game. And if he's going to keep playing point, he needs to make smarter decisions or else switch to the 2-spot(and people can't say he's too short to play the 2 because he and Wade have the same build - both are 6'4" and Arenas is only three pounds heavier).

Arenas is a great player and has improved his game over the years and can put up big numbers, but there's still room for improvement in terms of intangibles. He's still a young guy, and young guys struggle with decision making at times. Give him 2 or 3 more years, the maturity will settle in and his basketball IQ will catch up with his skill.

Meanwhile, how about Stevenson? He's the main guy who scoring has gone up since Jamison has been out, due to good shot selection and playing within the offense.

Oh, by the way, Arenas should have had a spot on Team USA, but not instead of Wade. You can't not have the new champion and Finals MVP on the team, plus Wade can his shot off anywhere inside the arc. He could be a much better outside shooter if he wanted to, but he loves to drive in, so...

Last edited by Sean77 : 03-02-2007 at 11:52 AM.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #66
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

i cannot stand him in the least
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: