Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-16-2007, 06:28 AM   #46
Dodonpa
Great young streetballer

Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Ok I was defiantly incorrect about us being worse then Mexico, but it still doesn't make it right.

Yeah I understood the article completely except for privatizations.

Everything else was like 8 grade vocab. Why would I not understand that?
Great. One issue fixed. Things would be a lot easier on ISH if more people would step down like you just did. I thank you for that.

And I never said it was right. I made sure to include in all of my posts that I don't agree with it. It is surely taking a toll on our economy.. but I can't hate on them. They are busting their asses trying to make something out of their lives. I'm not gonna hate on that. And unless you're going to be competing for minimum wage jobs after you graduate, it does not directly affect YOUR job market.
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #47
poorlilrich
woop woop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Yeah I'm American.

How old were you when you came over from Africa?

How was it possible?

Could you speak English?

What was it like first coming to America?

If you were old enough what are the main differences from Africa to the USA?

Just curious.

I was 11

My family got a VISA and flew over here

Not really but I knew little tid bits; Cameroon is a bilingual country. The main languages are French and English. I lived in the French part so I was fluent in French and not very good in English.

It was hella sick; paved roads, muffins, grapes, amusement parks ... The first week here was the greatest week of my life to that point.

We were middle class so we didn't have it that bad. My grandparents lived in the village and I visited them sometimes. THere were mud homes, sorcerers, the killing of chickens by twisting their necks ... the whole shbang

Curiosity killed the cat; by the way I just hexed you.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:36 AM   #48
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
I was 11

Not really but I knew little tid bits; Cameroon is a bilingual country. The main languages are French and English. I lived in the French part so I was fluent in French and not very good in English.

It was hella sick; paved roads, muffins, grapes, amusement parks ... The first week here was the greatest week of my life to that point.

We were middle class so we didn't have it that bad. My grandparents lived in the village and I visited them sometimes. THere were mud homes, sorcerers, the killing of chickens by twisting their necks ... the whole shbang

Interesting, thanks for sharing.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:18 AM   #49
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
You think only black comedians use vulgar racist jokes in their routines? You're mistaken if thats your train of thought on this issue. White comedians use black people stereotypes in their jokes almost as much as black people use white stereotypes in theirs. For example Ralphie May, a lot of the time his routine is about him being fat or black stereotypes. I know Mencia isn't white, but he uses the n-word as if he were. I agree Kramers chastising was a little over the top, but you can't act like Kramer was a pioneer in the area of "using black stereotypes in a white man's routine".

I don't watch a lot of white comedy, but I've seen a few and the comedians don't shoo away from using the black jokes.

So no black comedians aren't having their cake and eating it too.

Lol at " he apologized"; you think thats enough? You think he should be let off the hook for a half assed apology? You are like Stan in that " Apology to Jesse Jackson" episode. If Kramer had kissed the reverend's ass, you would think all is good among Kramer and the black community.

The main thing is that he said it, and you don't say and repeat a word as powerful as the one he did in the spur of the moment.

I don't, as you said, "think only black comedians use vulgar racist jokes in their routines". THAT'S WHY I MOTHER****ING ASKED!

I got an answer that said yes and had moved on a good three hours ago. Now you come in here with your know it all rant unnecessarily showing no respect for an innocent question.

I used the Kramer example because that's what led to my inquiry. I did not exactly know what he said in detail or the manner in which he said what he said. I didn't use Kramers example as the polar opposite to black people making white jokes which is why I asked if white comedians do the same. I got an answer and moved on. Finished.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #50
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
I was 11

Now thats an interesting story...!!!!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: