Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 12-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Default Marion for Brad Miller?

http://www.fantasyplayers.com/nba/Fe..._ITEM_ID=58066

Quote:
The Market For Brad Miller: The Sacramento Kings are getting their fair share of national attention, not for winning games or playing impressive basketball, but because they may have a missing piece for a playoff bound team and seem open to moving it. Looking at the Kings roster and knowing that the team is building and developing for the future Brad Miller and Mikki Moore seem to be on the move, if the right package of ending contracts and future assets can be found. League sources say the Kings have a standing offer of Shawn Marion in exchange for Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas that deal seems to be the floor in which the Kings are negotiating from. The goal is to shop this out until the best deal can be found. Marion is not viewed as a long term asset for anyone if traded from Miami, although an off-season sign-and-trade deal would seem to the only way Marion could get anywhere close to the dollars he's making this season. Marion is in the his final season earning upwards of $17.8 million. According to League sources, the Kings are pondering Marion strictly from a salary dump point of view, although it seems that a mixture of ending deals with promising draft picks or young players is more along the lines of what the Kings are hoping for. Brad Miller has been rumored to Miami and Chicago, although the Bulls continue to deny any interest in trades, despite recent internal disputes with young guys like Tyrus Thomas, Thabo Sefolosha and Joakim Noah. New Kings' assistant general manager Jason Levien officially starts today, you can expect his first order of business will be finding the market for the Kings' pieces and to begin working with Geoff Petrie on setting the table for the future. That's expected to start with moving Brad Miller before the February 19th trade deadline

This trade works.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...4~14&te=&cash=

I wouldn't mind Miller on Miami. He's an all-star C and we need some size down low and a defensive anchor to strengthen our froncourt. Sure, he's not the anchor we want but atleast he brings us some size and scoring. Brad Miller is a shooting C, a great passer for his size and has a decent mid-range game. No post game. Averages a block a game. If we trade for him, we can play inside out. Not bad considering he has 2 years left on his contract.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Default Re: Marion for Brad Miller?

No... Would you trade Shaquille O'Neal for Marcus Banks, Kenny Thomas & Brad Miller? Probably not, so why would we all of a sudden want that?

The only C out there that's on the trading block that I want on the Heat is Kaman. Kaman, Wade, Beasley & Chalmers is a young core you can build around. The rest of the available centers you can't say the same with.

Here's the trade I came up with:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...4~12&te=&cash=
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
AItheAnswer3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
No... Would you trade Shaquille O'Neal for Marcus Banks, Kenny Thomas & Brad Miller? Probably not, so why would we all of a sudden want that?

The only C out there that's on the trading block that I want on the Heat is Kaman. Kaman, Wade, Beasley & Chalmers is a young core you can build around. The rest of the available centers you can't say the same with.

Here's the trade I came up with:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...4~12&te=&cash=

Just an idea. Anyway, there are rumors about Marion to the Cavs for Varejao and Wally.
AItheAnswer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:57 AM   #4
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

To me, Miller sucks, but at least we get rid of Banks. & Kaman cantract runs past 2010. I rather have Camby, or even JO, over them. Both expier in 2010, & both actually can play some defense. Either way Banks needs to go where ever Marion go's. They came together, let them leave together.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: