Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Lebron didn't just lose though.. he lost in an embarassing, choking manner. He definitely lowered his case with those performances.

What's ridiculous is in support of this argument that Lebron had more bad playoff performances than MJ, you will probably include Lebron's Finals against the Spurs as a terrible performance, when he was 22.

And Michael Jordan did not play in a playoff game beyond the first round until he was 25.

So you get to use Lebron's performances when was young in this, yet we can't do the same to MJ.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    What's ridiculous is in support of this argument that Lebron had more bad playoff performances than MJ, you will probably include Lebron's Finals against the Spurs as a terrible performance, when he was 22.

And Michael Jordan did not play in a playoff game beyond the first round until he was 25.

So you get to use Lebron's performances when was young in this, yet we can't do the same to MJ.
    Another person missing the point. Yes, you CAN use MJ's early playoff series. He lost, but he never had truly poor series or as many bad games/blunders as Lebron has had. Give me a break.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I agree with this, but you can't say Jordan 'never' had bad/poor game or series like you did in your previous post.
    In his first 7-8 seasons he actually didn't have a poor series - nowhere near as poor as Lebron has had.

Very good NBA starter

Sure he can surpass MJ but he'll have to win 7 titles to be in the conversation. But MJ stans need to stop acting like he was some infallible God, the man lost and there are other greats that can be argued for the GOAT title.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    In his first 7-8 seasons he actually didn't have a poor series - nowhere near as poor as Lebron has had.
    Their were few that weren't Jordan standards, but again, I've already acknowledged LeBron's had worse.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Charles some times talks too much.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Their were few that weren't Jordan standards, but again, I've already acknowledged LeBron's had worse.
    Jordan did not underperform for entire series the way LeBron did ... that is fact.

I mean, even in what was for awhile LeBron's most iconic moment in the playoffs, his 48 special game v.s. Detroit in his 4th season. Few people remember outside of that one game, he played terrible the entire series.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Loki,

Do you feel LeBron is the best player SINCE MJ, though?
    Shaq, then probably Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Jordan did not underperform for entire series the way LeBron did ... that is fact.
    Yes, I can role with that actually.

I mean, even in what was for awhile LeBron's most iconic moment in the playoffs, his 48 special game v.s. Detroit in his 4th season. Few people remember outside of that one game, he played terrible the entire series.
    I think you can say the same with his 2008 performance vs the Celtics. Outside his game 7 45 point showdown vs Pierce's 41, not much to talk about... The poster on Garnett was epic though.

I'll never understand how Lebron supposedly has seperated himself as a player from Dwyane Wade, much less Michael Jordan. Other than MVP's what has Lebron done that Wade hasn't? Even when Lebron won his first two MVP's, Wade was 3rd and 5th in MVP voting.

Very good NBA starter

he'll never surpass jordan because he'll never be as good as jordan was from 89-93.

he came pretty close in 09 and 2010 though.

Lebron can be be better, that's not preposterous of Charles to say.

Lebron can be better, and can be a GOAT candidate. I've said it before: ability-wise he's better than Jordan was right now; it's just a matter of winning and being incredibly consistent. I don't foresee him being the clear GOAT though. I think such a player will be a 1 in 10 billion type deal. Even if he does win 6-7 titles, 6-7 MVPs, etc, it'll always be a debate.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    Lebron can be better, and can be a GOAT candidate. I've said it before: ability-wise he's better than Jordan was right now;
    He is not better ability-wise, neither at the same age nor after the same number of years in the league. Please...

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    He is not better ability-wise, neither at the same age nor after the same number of years in the league. Please...
    Seriously. Off the ball offensive intelligence and ability to work off the ball / read defenses quicker has MJ at a super advantage.