Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers offering Gasol for a top 10 pick & a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    So the Lakers virtually are trading BOTH Gasol and Bynum for Howard? I thought that was too much for them.
    No.
    For example, they trade with Golden State: #7 pick plus David Lee for Gasol.
    Then, #7 and Bynum for DHoward.

Lakers end up with Lee and Howard. By the way, I think Lee would be a terrific complement to Howard. Nice mid-range game. Bangs the boards hard.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Noof
    I'd love that. Bargnani would complement Kobe and Bynum very well, and they could potentially get Lillard with the pick. Doubt it happens though.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, but I doubt Toronto actually makes this move.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I understand the sentiment but Pau is better than Bargs
    But Bargs/Howard... That could be more lethal than Pau/Bynum. And Mike Brown's stupid offense would actually be functional.

They can do wonders here. Kobe/Bargs/Howard, maybe grab some other players. I know Jose wants to go to a contender, snatch him maybe in that deal. Somehow resign Sessions, trade that TPE for something useful, use that mini-mle and now I'm just rambling shit...

I just know that Pau has to go if this Lakers team wants to be more than 2nd round knockoff. This route they might be taking here, it sounds interesting to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, but I doubt Toronto actually makes this move.
    I really doubt that also. Raptors are high on Andrea and really wanna see how he and Jonas will work.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    No.

Lakers end up with Lee and Howard. By the way, I think Lee would be a terrific complement to Howard. Nice mid-range game. Bangs the boards hard.
    And you're left with Lee's atrocious contract, which is by far worst than Gasol's, who is already the better player. Which gives you even less cap space to make any even half way significant roster changes. You're still stuck with a skeleton for a bench, no point guard, and Artest as your starting SF.

Good luck.

If Toronto has a real shot at landing Steve Nash, then acquiring Gasol would make sense and also be an enticement for Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    And you're left with Lee's atrocious contract, which is by far worst than Gasol's, who is already the better player. Which gives you even less cap space to make any even half way significant roster changes. You're still stuck with a skeleton for a bench, no point guard, and Artest as your starting SF.

Good luck.
    Other needs aside, the question is: Is Howard/Lee combo better than Bynum/Gasol?
    I would say yes, certainly. And, I believe, Lee is a couple years younger than Gasol.
    I agree that Lee has a fat contract.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    But Bargs/Howard... That could be more lethal than Pau/Bynum. And Mike Brown's stupid offense would actually be functional.

They can do wonders here. Kobe/Bargs/Howard, maybe grab some other players. I know Jose wants to go to a contender, snatch him maybe in that deal. Somehow resign Sessions, trade that TPE for something useful, use that mini-mle and now I'm just rambling shit...

I just know that Pau has to go if this Lakers team wants to be more than 2nd round knockoff. This route they might be taking here, it sounds interesting to say the least.

I really doubt that also. Raptors are high on Andrea and really wanna see how he and Jonas will work.

Lakers would be lucky as hell to get Bargnani for Gasol straight up (due to his value to Toronto), but sure as hell aren't getting a lottery pick AND Bargs for Pau.

Would have to be Pau, future draft pick, and a player towards the end of their rotation for Bargnani.

Lakers would be lucky as hell to get Bargnani for Gasol straight up (due to his value to Toronto), but sure as hell aren't getting a lottery pick AND Bargs for Pau.

Would have to be Pau, future draft pick, and a player towards the end of their rotation for Bargnani.
    I don't think anyone has any idea what Colangelo is thinking. Ever.

College star

Other needs aside, the question is: Is Howard/Lee combo better than Bynum/Gasol?
    I would say yes, certainly. And, I believe, Lee is a couple years younger than Gasol.
    I agree that Lee has a fat contract.
    Unfortunately, it's those needs aside that have prevented you guys from advancing past the second round of the playoffs the last couple of years.

Even with how poor Bynum and Gasol collectively played in the OKC series, if the Lakers had players replacing Artest, Sessions, Blake, Barnes, Mcrob, and an actual shooting guard that could relieve Kobe and, you know, shoot, then the Lakers probably go to 7 games against KD and the Thunder.

The problem is, the only way to get that depth, to add shooters, is to trade one of those players. Gasol or Bynum. If all things equal though? I would see no reason to break that tandem up.

Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan

Separetely, Lakers interested in Kentucky's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, would be open to trading Pau for Top-5 pick and right package o' players

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Deltron3030's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Toronto's #8 + Bargnani?

Detroit's #9 + Rodney Stuckey?

I'd really like Golden State's #7 + David Lee
    AND David Lee? You crazy child, way to much. I was thinking for the pick straight up and maybe someone off the bench. It's not like Bogut will stay healthy, this gives them 3 big bodies.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

No.

& plays zero defense... & is paid crazy money

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Deltron3030's Avatar

If the Lakers only had a clue...

What they need is 3 point shooting to space the floor and punish teams for doubling Kobe or the post, a reliable point guard that won't Ty Lawson to look like prime Tim Hardaway in the playoffs, and a couple of players that aren't D-League level talent to add depth to the bench.

Swapping Bynum for Dwight isn't helping a thing. Still will have the some structural problems. Even WORST, essentially trading Gasol, Bynum, and a lottery pick for Dwight is irresponsible.

The Lakers front office should be focusing on Gerald Wallace. Beasley. Lowry. Bargnani. Calderon. Ariza. Courtney Lee. Players like that. They have too many holes to be making a trade that further depletes their thin roster.

But, again, Jim Buss doesn't have a clue
    Good post. I hate the lakers but agree entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Mike Bresnahan @Mike_Bresnahan

Separetely, Lakers interested in Kentucky's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, would be open to trading Pau for Top-5 pick and right package o' players
    no way in hell they land MKG just by giving up Pau

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Houston could turn #12 and either #16 or #18 into like a 7-10. That plus Scola sounds like what they're talking about. Then again knowing LA they'll get Lowry and more out of Houston too.
    Scola is deemed to be a bad contract. And he is old. I believe he is actually OLDER than Gasol.
    It would have to be Lowry, Scola, good picks (to make up for Scola's bad contract).

Lakers then send the good picks plus Bynum for DHoward.