Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Kira Carson > Jaesa Willsaam

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Im still playing and the space pvp is looking really good. I usually like planet-side missions more than space missions, but Im liking this expansion.. I hope they add more planets and story line too tho (I haven't explored the "dread Masters" planet yet)
    I did Oricon (Dread Master daily zone) a lot and I enjoyed it. It looks cool and is usually heavily populated with a fair amount of PVP going on. The quest line is cool and not bad to do over and over if you want those rewards.

Banned

is there still a decent fanbase? I played this from beta and launch but only ever got to something like level 35-40 from memory. Was a fun game but it felt like a single player game with too many grind style quests. I don't mind grind style quests in MMOs where there's more interaction. Is it worth trying this game out again?

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I did Oricon (Dread Master daily zone) a lot and I enjoyed it. It looks cool and is usually heavily populated with a fair amount of PVP going on. The quest line is cool and not bad to do over and over if you want those rewards.

I been looking for a proper reason to go to Oricon.. I don't wanna just go there without a mission, but I will do it eventually.. The Czerka planet looks like a lot of fun too...

Im still trying to finish the other missions (Arcanum seeds of rage, section X, and some others) but I will eventually go there if they don't provide me with a mission to those planets..

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    is there still a decent fanbase? I played this from beta and launch but only ever got to something like level 35-40 from memory. Was a fun game but it felt like a single player game with too many grind style quests. I don't mind grind style quests in MMOs where there's more interaction. Is it worth trying this game out again?
    It's come a loooooong way since launch. It's the second biggest western MMO behind WoW.

As for Oricon, I'm pretty sure the quest for Oricon is started on your Fleet by some NPC who will send you out there to do the chain.

They have a lot of PvP and group missions that you can get into through an automatic group finder, so you basically don't even need to do the main story anymore to get to lvl 55 (especially if you're a tank or healer).

What class did you play as? There have been quite a few changes.

Banned

give me a brief synopsis of a standard game session of this. star wars game sounds fun but some of them are craptastic

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thorton
    give me a brief synopsis of a standard game session of this. star wars game sounds fun but some of them are craptastic
    You can do a ton of stuff. Play completely alone as if it's your own personal story. Play with people in group missions where there's usually 2 damagers, a healer, and one guy to take the damage in a dungeon where you fight bosses (these missions also have pretty good story), or you can do 8 vs 8 objective based matches. The options here are pretty diverse and entertaining.

The best part to me about the game though is definitely the class diversity. You can play as so many different characters (evil Sith Warrior, Sith Assassin, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler (they try to go for Han Solo type), an Imperial Agent (best story out of the classes), or your usual Jedi lightsaber master or force master. Within each class, you have 3 routes to go (and you can change these from time to time). A couple of classes have all 3 routes are different types of doing damage, while the others have 1 out of the 3 trees being a non damaging role (either healing or tanking). It's a very deep game with a TON to do. You can always start playing for free. There's not too many hindrances till lvl 50 where you can't get level up anymore to the normal cap (55) or participate in operations (huge group missions with 8 or 16 people).

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thorton
    It's an MMO so it holds pretty true to all the standard stuff you can do like solo questing, group content, and PvP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    They have a lot of PvP and group missions that you can get into through an automatic group finder, so you basically don't even need to do the main story anymore to get to lvl 55 (especially if you're a tank or healer).

What class did you play as? There have been quite a few changes.
    i played mainly played bounty hunter, consular and sith warrior. An issue I had was that every class had so much coolness it was hard to choose just one. I might download it again and have a look if i can't find my retail copy (although with all the patches downloading may be easier). I'm also patching neverwinter at the moment to give that another shot.
    Last edited by outbreak; 02-01-2014 at 05:24 AM.

i played mainly played bounty hunter, consular and sith warrior. An issue I had was that every class had so much coolness it was hard to choose just one. I might download it again and have a look if i can't find my retail copy (although with all the patches downloading may be easier). I'm also patching neverwinter at the moment to give that another shot.
    I'm the same way. I have a lvl 50 Sage(healer), lvl 38 Assassin(tank), lvl 40 Sentinel, lvl 37 Sniper, and lvl 17 Trooper (healer).

The best thing about this game to me are the roles and how fun each one is, so I'm always switching between my different guys to play something different for a bit.