Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-21-2006, 04:32 PM   #61
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

LeBron James (not a Cavs fan but they will be on TV quite often)

Work on off ball movement. Call Steve Alford and ask if he'd give you a one on one clinic on it. Watch videos. Read books. I don't care how but learn about off ball movement. And not just cutting but screening also.

Without this aspect of your game being worked on you will not win in FIBA settings and the weaknesses of the players around you will be too much to overcome in NBA settings.

Setting a proper screen will either get you open or a teammate open. Open is the only way Damon Jones or Eric Snow hit jumpers. A good cross screen for Big Z on the weak-side post will get him open under the basket or get you open for a cut to wing/elbow. If Drew Gooden sets a down screen for you teams will be so focused on stopping you from catching the ball in a one on one close out that Drew might just be wide open within his dunk range.

As deadly as you are with the ball in your hand you need to improve your play without it.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #62
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Kevin Garnett

Play primarily from the high or low post. With Mike James, Randy Foye, and Ricky Davis this T-Wolves team has enough punch from the perimeter. With only you and Mark Blount the interior is going to be an issue.

While the defensive matchups will be dictated by the opponent that night the offensive ones will not. For the team to be successful you have to play mainly from the paint.

70% of your touches should start in the mid-range or closer. At least 50% of your touches should end in the paint. Your shot selection should have no more than 50% of your shots be jumpers. The other 50% should be close shots/dunks/lay-ins.

I understand versatility is your strong suit but the team won't succeed if you put it on display. The only way this team can survive is if you control the offensive end with interior play.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #63
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default re

paul get some buddies to sign in btown for cheap your all alone out there
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:23 PM   #64
Lakerfan1-Iceland
Kids at the park dunk on me

Lakerfan1-Iceland has an OK reputation so far

Kobe Bryant.

We all know you can score!
we all know your a helluva great player!
we all know you work your ass off!
All great qualities!
But step bakc take a moment and look at what you have and where you want too go.
Lead this team!

Go back and see some old Magic and Bird films, hell even go check out Lebron watch how those guys do it.
You can get your points anyway you like, but think about this if your going too lead this team become more of a passer, find the open guys get they confidence up!

You dont need too shot 15 times in the first and second quarter, get the guys into the game MAKE them carry a burden focus on defence and getting spirited effort from all your teammates cause when you do that you WILL get better and more open looks cause the defence will be forced too play off you a little bit and when it is time too attack go for it but your teamates will also be ready too step up anytime in the game cause they know you have confidence in them and winning is on THEM not just you!

I would rather see you average 27,7 and 7 with a block and 2 steals on 50% shoting than 31,5 and 5 on 45-47% shoting.

Follow my advise the Lakers win more games, the players play with more heart and passion, the management will want too give you help sooner and players around the league more of them will want too come and play with you!
Lakerfan1-Iceland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #65
Da KO King

Default Re: Call out your star

I'm bumping this thread to ask did any of the guys called out listen?

I know Gilbert Arenas ignored everything I said. The funniest thing is I used the phrase "quality looks" which is a synonym for "quality shots".

Eerie....
Old 05-22-2007, 03:50 PM   #66
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

BARBOSA-

How did you go from my favorite non star Sun all year and earn the 6th man of the year award to being 2003 Barbosa vs the spurs to the point that it made me wanna burn my jersey that I bought during the playoffs.

You're jumpshot was worse than baller aka boxers in that series and it probably cost us game 5, suspensions notwithstanding.

Step it up goddamnit You almost made me wanna burn your jersey.
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #67
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

BARBOSA-

How did you go from my favorite non star Sun all year and earn the 6th man of the year award to being 2003 Barbosa vs the spurs to the point that it made me wanna burn my jersey that I bought during the playoffs.

You're jumpshot was worse than baller aka boxers in that series and it probably cost us game 5, suspensions notwithstanding.

Step it up goddamnit You almost made me wanna burn your jersey.
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #68
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Sixers:

Iggy, grow a pair. You were forced to step up a bit last year. This coming season I wanna see a beast wearing #9. a little vocal leadership would be nice to

thanks
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:06 PM   #69
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Sixers:

Iggy, grow a pair. You were forced to step up a bit last year. This coming season I wanna see a beast wearing #9. a little vocal leadership would be nice to

thanks

I agree he needs to be more agressive and finish at the rim better. Also i want to see Carney step up his game and give us 12-15 ppg.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: