Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: When do "bandwagon" fans become regular fans?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Oh, was that right after you admitted you stopped liking women after you watched "The Crying Game".....

See, I can make up shit that you never said too.

Believe it or not, I say exactly what I believe to be true about Melo/Kobe/Durant.....

Well, maybe not Kobe. I admittedly do ramp that up a little for effect.
    I became a Heat fan because of Shaq and remained a Heat fan even when he left.
    And since you admittingly don't like Kobe it's pretty safe to assume this is where you stopped rooting for the Lakers?

I mean really, you're a fan of a team but you hate the one guy who's been a focal point of their past 5 championships.. i mean really?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    It doesn't if those people are quality and reasonable posters. If they are just trolls or LeBron stans like a lot of them here, they give the real Heat fans a bad name, and people assume every Heat fan are like those people.
    I feel for you... Trust me, I do. We dealt with them for the better part of a decade. That is the downside to having a really great player on your team, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    And since you admittingly don't like Kobe it's pretty safe to assume this is where you stopped rooting for the Lakers?

I mean really, you're a fan of a team but you hate the one guy who's been a focal point of their past 5 championships.. i mean really?
    I don't "hate" Kobe. He's CERTAINLY not my ideal choice for a franchise player, but I don't hate the guy.

Full disclosure, I hope when Kobe and LeBron's contracts are up, Kobe retires and the Lakers sign LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I feel for you... Trust me, I do. We dealt with them for the better part of a decade. That is the downside to having a really great player on your team, unfortunately.
    Yes, you're right. I've never rooted for a team this good. All my teams have always been under the radar or mediocre. This is all new to me.

Banned

yeah because i ride Lebron's nuts and bash every player that is a thread to Lebron
    He speaks the truth nearly all the post I see from you are anti lebron or digs at him and the heat. No idea why you rep a tronto homer when you never talk about them.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Jesus Christ ... there are teams in the league who would KILL for that. Sub .500 record isn't even that bad for some teams. 2 trips to the 2nd round? That's pretty successful for the majority of the league.

Just because you aren't winning rings and making the finals every year doesn't mean you're up shits creek. Welcome to the NBA Laker fans.
    Believe me, this wasn't a "woe is me" thing. It just seems like now would be a strange time to randomly start rooting for the Lakers. I mean, Kobe's been on this team forever...people who were living in their dad's sacs when he was drafted are now going to prom and driving. When could they have been fans when the team had a really big dry spell? I'm willing to give most of them the benefit of the doubt, but then again, they ARE my favorite team.

Anyhow, it's kind of sad that this thread, like nearly every other thread here, has devolved into a general "fvck Lebron fans" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    He speaks the truth nearly all the post I see from you are anti lebron or digs at him and the heat. No idea why you rep a tronto homer when you never talk about them.
    these "digs" you speak of, are mostly me not agreeing that Lebron is better than Jordan or is an all time top 6 player already.. When people are discussing him being MVP, best player in the league or anything else about his game i have nothing negative to say because i agree with that?

lately i've been a little anti heat/lebron more than usual because i feel his fans are hyping him up like he's better than prime MJ.. and thats just..no.

and i pay respect to the dope ass throwbacks of Toronto? so what? Also it was a little anti jinx after they beat the Lakers, and hey since then the Lakers have been playing half way decently so

I don't "hate" Kobe. He's CERTAINLY not my ideal choice for a franchise player, but I don't hate the guy.

Full disclosure, I hope when Kobe and LeBron's contracts are up, Kobe retires and the Lakers sign LeBron.

and if we're all being honest here, my anti Lebron attitude doesn't come from a dislike of Lebron, i was a HUGE Bron fan when he came into the L, still have his Cavs jersey, i just started resenting the media's admiration to label this guy as better than everybody from such an early age, when the comparisons were first made back in like 06 to Kobe. and the media started asking who was better i felt like it was waay to pre mature at the time, and just a typical ESPN thing to do.

Now i feel the same way, with the Jordan comparisons..

let the guy repeat as champion before we start comparing him to MJ

When you stop being a frontrunner and stay with the team through it's worst imo

because i don't live in the US, have no ties and feel no loyalty to any one city, i will always be a bandwagon fan. i follow my favorite players and root for the teams they are on. i would however, root for the team where i live if i ever move there.

my history of fandom since i started following the NBA

Bulls (Pippen)
    Kings (Webber-Christie era)
    Suns (Nash MVP years)
    Cavs (Lebron)
    Heat (Lebron)

I rule the local playground

and if we're all being honest here, my anti Lebron attitude doesn't come from a dislike of Lebron, i was a HUGE Bron fan when he came into the L, still have his Cavs jersey, i just started resenting the media's admiration to label this guy as better than everybody from such an early age, when the comparisons were first made back in like 06 to Kobe. and the media started asking who was better i felt like it was waay to pre mature at the time, and just a typical ESPN thing to do.

Now i feel the same way, with the Jordan comparisons..

let the guy repeat as champion before we start comparing him to MJ
    No offense brah but that ain't any better than bandwagoning.....if u a true MJ fan u would know amount of hate Jordan received after being probably the biggest media sensation even before his first retirement...

Almost everybody is a bandwagon MJ fan, having never been a chitown fan before he rocked the league...remember when NY and Brooklyn rode Jordan because he happened to have been born there? Wasn't THE DUNK Starks the man after he dunked on MJ and Grant? Spike Lee ring a bell?

Trolling is one thing and all in good fun, but Bandwagon hating is not any better than being a bandwagon fan......
    Last edited by alleykat; 02-24-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alleykat
    No offense brah but that ain't any better than bandwagoning.....if u a true MJ fan u would know amount of hate Jordan received after being probably the biggest media sensation even before his first retirement...

Almost everybody is a bandwagon MJ fan, having never been a chitown fan before he rocked the league...remember when NY and Brooklyn rode Jordan because he happened to have been born there? Wasn't THE DUNK Starks the man after he dunked on MJ and Grant? Spike Lee ring a bell?

Trolling is one thing and all in good fun, but Bandwagon hating is not any better than being a bandwagon fan......

What we you talking about I said IMO its to early to compare Mj & Lebron on an all time scale ?

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    because i don't live in the US, have no ties and feel no loyalty to any one city, i will always be a bandwagon fan. i follow my favorite players and root for the teams they are on. i would however, root for the team where i live if i ever move there.

my history of fandom since i started following the NBA

Bulls (Pippen)
    Kings (Webber-Christie era)
    Suns (Nash MVP years)
    Cavs (Lebron)
    Heat (Lebron)
    Yeah I understand that. I'm from Australia thus have no real allegiance to any city. I was a huge Garnett fan, and thus a Timberwolves fan, but then started watching Durant in college and fell in love with his game thus Seattle to OKC fan.

I will follow Seattle though when they get a team back no matter if the best player is ****ing Byron Mullens. I've now been to the USA and loved Washington State and also Oregon.. so I feel an allegiance to that area now. I'd follow Portland but my favorite color is green and I always had a soft spot for the Sonics.
    Last edited by maybeshewill13; 02-24-2013 at 02:47 AM.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    A month or so ago the Lakers blew out some team on the road and were getting loud cheers. Kobe even got louder MVP chants than he gets at Staples. In the GT, someone here commented on all the "bandwagon Laker fans" there, but seriously, at this point, are they still bandwagon fans? After two 2nd round exits and a sub-500 record?

The overall question here is: when can someone no longer be considered a bandwagon fan?
    when the stick with a team through extended suckage. so, no, not after two years of 2nd round exits. after several years of not even sniffing the playoffs.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

also, if you are only a fan of a team because of a player (in other words, you will stop rooting for that team after the player leaves or retires) you are a bandwagoneer.