Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bill Cosby is top 5 GOAT dancers/entertainer of all time

He's up there with MJ, James Brown, and Fred Astaire

Proof:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2oNzDjzdkQ

Default Re: Bill Cosby is top 5 GOAT dancers/entertainer of all time

Clair is like 74 years old and still looks good.

By the way, Sammy David Jr >> Cos.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid

Proof:

Pretty fast footwork for a 50 ish year old man on that bastard attempt at Tap dance & the James Brown shuffle at the 40 second mark.

NBA Superstar

i never thought Bill Cosby was funny myself. i knew a guy super into him, had his records and stuff back in the day....i'd go Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy over him EZ, even Martin Lawrence..and Martin was the GOAT dancer..his moves were so funny when he'd do them on Martin (show)

not a fan of MJ either. granted he was huge. hated the MJ jacket, hated the glove, hated everything but some of his songs. really loved Man in the Mirror before soccer games sometimes when it was quiet on the bus ride getting there.

Fred Astaire was a badass if you can appreciate tap dancing and being a overall entertainer back in those days...true gentleman and ladies man. not saying thats my time but i used to watch old Fred Astaire movies with my cousin(like 15-20 years older) when she baby sat....really enjoyed some of his movies.

just my opinion
    Last edited by Godzuki; 07-17-2014 at 02:55 PM.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Clair is like 74 years old and still looks good.

By the way, Sammy David Jr >> Cos.

SAMMY DAVID

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki

not a fan of MJ either. granted he was huge. hated the MJ jacket, hated the glove, hated everything but some of his songs. really loved Man in the Mirror before soccer games sometimes when it was quiet on the bus ride getting there.

Fred Astaire was a badass if you can appreciate tap dancing and being a overall entertainer back in those days...true gentleman and ladies man. not saying thats my time but i used to watch old Fred Astaire movies with my cousin(like 15-20 years older) when she baby sat....really enjoyed some of his movies.

That's great ,but not even Fred Astaire was delusional enough to think he could keep up with Michael Jackson:

"Oh God that boy moves in an exceptional way. That's (Jackson) the greatest dancer of the century"-(Astaire).

Combined with his brilliance as a popular songwriter/producer & one the the greatest/most distinctive popular song stylists ever his legacy is cemented.

You don't have to like MJJ to appreciate his brilliance/unprecedented popularity.

I don't like soccer ,but acknowledge it's the worlds most popular /influential sport.

Never blown away by Cosby neither , but liked The Cosby Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    SAMMY DAVID
    Little known fact:

Sammy DAVID Jr. was actually an imposter famous from the late 40s' until the mid 50s. He would take gigs from the reals Sammy DAVIS Jr for years.

How he got found out? The Davis Jr. would sometime perform with his father Sammy Davis Sr. Well one day, a promoter asked Davis Sr. to perform with his son as a surprise. Well guess who shows up for this, Sammy DAVID Jr.

Sammy Sr. says, "That's not my son" and the club nearly riots.

SInce we're on the subject of dancing, check this out.

Berry Brothers

These dudes jump off a balcony into splits. Maybe 12-15 feet hi baclony I'm assuming.

AMAZING!

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    That's great ,but not even Fred Astaire was delusional enough to think he could keep up with Michael Jackson:

"Oh God that boy moves in an exceptional way. That's (Jackson) the greatest dancer of the century"-(Astaire).

Combined with his brilliance as a popular songwriter/producer & one the the greatest/most distinctive popular song stylists ever his legacy is cemented.

You don't have to like MJJ to appreciate his brilliance/unprecedented popularity.

I don't like soccer ,but acknowledge it's the worlds most popular /influential sport.

Never blown away by Cosby neither , but liked The Cosby Show.

its about preference, and personally i hated MJ's style of dancing. even hated his moonwalk. i hate Timberlake's style, Usher's style, and everyone who does that kind of stuff style....don't get me wrong i love watching good dancers dance like BBoy'ing, good club dancers, and stuff like that, but the MJ moves he made popular.....absolutely hate it. i think its corny as hell.

i also hated the MJ jacket with a passion. anyone who wore that back in the day got clowned real fukkin hard. the glove was bad too.

honestly i don't hate MJ, i think he was a genuinely nice person and everyone piled on with the pedo shit. It sucks because i know the guy meant well and inside was a good human being..better than most people....he may have been attracted to boys, that was his cross to bear.

i thought most of his music was mainstream not great, like Beat it, Thriller, they were huge but i didn't like those songs much. I liked Man in the Mirror a lot tho, i felt it was a very profound song and low key awesome.

Fred Astaire was the man in the 50's/60's or whatever. his old movies weren't mindless like the ones these days either, but yeah they were reeal girly romantic sort of but still he was a pimp in all of them. dude was smooth.

Cosby show was okay but sitcoms back then sort of sucked. other than Cheers....just so family oriented Disney type shit. That is Cosby to me, and i prefer stuff with a edge, and i'm not really into corny humor. his pee wee herman had nothing on Martin...Martiiiiiin....oh yeah. Martin Lawrence!!! that mf'er could move and make you laff with his scrawny body waves and faces he'd make...i used to love watching him do his dances

again i know this is all opinion, which is why i'm not caring to fight much over what you think vs me. people can hate Fred Astaire and i really won't blame them, in fact i'd be shocked if most people here would dig anything he did. MJ tho, had a lot of people who hated his style.....it was so corny back in the day, and even still is IMO.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 07-17-2014 at 06:55 PM.

The Cos is a top 5 stand up comic of all-time.

He's so great that Richard Pryor's first career was mimicking Bill and trying to do everything like him. There is even clips online of Richard''s Cos era comedy material.

Get some of his 60's albums like I Started Out as a Child and To Russell, My Brother Whom I spelt With.

NBA lottery pick

One of my favorite Bill Cosby stories

Norm MacDonald on: Bill Cosby and his Dad

NBA Superstar

i would love to see some of y'all top comedian lists. i really don't know how you don't put Eddie Murphy and Chris Rock ahead of these old school dudes...i swear both Pryor and Cosby were extremely overrated.

talking about stand up only tho.

The Cos is a top 5 stand up comic of all-time.

He's so great that Richard Pryor's first career was mimicking Bill and trying to do everything like him. There is even clips online of Richard''s Cos era comedy material.

Get some of his 60's albums like I Started Out as a Child and To Russell, My Brother Whom I spelt With.

Absolutely have seen a few early clips of early Richard Pryor that he could have done at a Christian Convention(funny simply watching him 'clean'). I am certain Pryor was a fan of one of the few mainstream Black Comics of the day(Cosby) & modeled himself accordingly.

But he went 'blue' ,but I haven't read up enough on Richard Pryor to understand why. Seems to owe a lot to Lenny Bruce for 'freeing' him later on.

Was it some epiphany after hearing other blue artist like Lenny Bruce or tired of the inevitable 'next Bill Cosby" comparisons? Or Both?

I may have to check out some older Cosby stand up. I believe my view of him is the rambling old man is certainly unfair to judge an act I didn't see at his prime.

It would be analogous to someone judging a 73 year old near death James Brown without really seeing him in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid

Proof:
    I can think of about 1,000 entertainers I would rather watch for an hour than Michael Jackson, James Brown or Fred Astaire.

SInce we're on the subject of dancing, check this out.

Berry Brothers

These dudes jump off a balcony into splits. Maybe 12-15 feet hi baclony I'm assuming.

AMAZING!
    That's insane & I know they are all childless.

I thought the Nicolas Brothers had gone all out on Stormy Weather.

Had the Berry or Nicolas Brothers been White........ Good lord.

Good stuff . When I get off I will try to search for some more Berry Brothers clips.

I guess the Nicolas brothers are more famous because they got that big break in a classic such as Stormy Weather.