Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-18-2009, 03:55 PM   #16
Vernon
Banned

Vernon has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lamar Odom signs with Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
NY never had a problem with selling tickets to begin with.They have been top 10 in attendance for the last decade.

"thing to keep in mind, with the salary cap going down, the Cavaliers will be able to offer James more money than any other team in the NBA because he will be grandfathered in under his current contract terms." -cavskingdom.com

Z comes off the books next year.Shaq comes off the books next year.So why exactly can't THEY get Amare or Bosh on top of the roster they have that's better than ours.Plus he has chemistry with the players,it's his home town, and he just built a house out there.You gotta come with something bigger than this whole "market" song and dance you're preaching.

I think guys like Amare and especially Bosh would rather play on teams where they'd get more "superstar" exposure, whereas in Cleveland, that's obviously James' town, and they'd certainly be overshadowed by him. I don't think Bosh would like being in the Cleveland market, even if it meant highly boosting his chances of getting a title or two. Amare isn't as great of a prospect as he once was, stock value has declined rather quickly.

Contract wise, sure Cavs can offer him the most cash, but in the NY market James could make more money in the long haul off increased exposure not only in the NYC metro area, but globally as well.
Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #17
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ok so why not go to the nets?they'll be in the NY market,theyll have the hype of a new team and new stadium,and their team is better than ours.If this argument were a boxing match I'd be like pacquiao or mayweather hitting you from all angles and your argument is like a jab....and im not talkin a tommy hearns/muhammad ali/larry holmes jab.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
Vernon
Banned

Vernon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
ok so why not go to the nets?they'll be in the NY market,theyll have the hype of a new team and new stadium,and their team is better than ours.If this argument were a boxing match I'd be like pacquiao or mayweather hitting you from all angles and your argument is like a jab....and im not talkin a tommy hearns/muhammad ali/larry holmes jab.

Resorting to minor insults b/c I'm saying LeBron in NY with the Knicks makes sense.

The Nets are a no-name franchise basically. They're in the greater NYC market, making them the Brooklyn Nets will be huge for them sure, but NY will always be a Knicks town. Why would you even debate this? I don't even live in NY, and I know that. LBJ in a Knicks uniform is more valuable to the NBA as a whole than being in a Nets uniform. Endorsement deals would be more for LBJ in a Knicks uniform VS a Nets.

I guess you're just sick of hearing about all the James and Knicks hype. I can't blame you there, but to say the argument is a weak sauce jab is quite unfounded in itself. This is an open forum debate where opinions should be shared... just b/c you disagree with one doesn't mean your opinion > someone else's.

The whole James and Knicks discussions have been going on in the media for awhile, and neither side has said a definite “no” to the possibility of landing LBJ. If this was out of the question for either side, this would have already been brought to the attention of the NY media so they’d quite using it to only disappoint already anxious and disappointed fans.
Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #19
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

I wonder why he got banned.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #20
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

how did i insult you?maybe i insulted your intelligence with a superior argument but i never name called so please explain to me how i insulted you? yes i did say your argument is weak and so is Walsh's.If you choose to go along with his propaganda that just because our team is in NYC we're going to lure a guy away from his hometown team despite him having familiarity, a house,kids who i'm sure will be if not already have started school,a wife from the same hometown,a playoff team,team chemistry,a finals appearance, Cleveland fans who expect him to be their saviour,a better coach and a better GM,etc then so be it.But to cry about it being an open forum when i merely combatted your argument and pointed out that you offer no variety in your rebuttal is a little juvenile.And if i get banned so be it.This is the real world...everyone isnt going to agree with you all the time.Grow up and grow a pair.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #21
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

No need to respond with a question lol, he got banned
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: