Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 01-29-2007, 06:46 AM   #31
DaveM123
I brick open layups

DaveM123 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Gasol on the Market?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The American dollar has more value here than in Canada. That's the number one reason players don't wanna be there..

Actually you are wrong there. The American dollar has more value in Canada. Almost 20 cents on the dollar. They are getting paid in American funds but spending in Canadian funds. That is a huge benefit.
DaveM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:01 PM   #32
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM123
No offense taken. Basketball mecca has nothing to do with it. It's still the same ball and same game in any NBA city. Just trying to put my feet in the players shoes. It must be real hard to play a few games a week in a non "basketball mecca" city and collect a check for thousands of dollars. But whatever that's another story. On a side note, hockey players never complain when they have to play in a non hockey mecca city like "Nashville, Columbus or Carolina". If anything, they like it because nobody knows who they are and they are free to roam around.

I hear ya. Players shouldn't bytch & moan no matter where they play. They make BIG coin for playing a game.

ps. I love Canada. 2nd best people in the world (close 2nd behind Australians, who are just TOO much fun).
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:48 PM   #33
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Gasol's trade value has just gone through the friggin roof!
34 pts on 82% shooting, 9 rebounds and 8 blocks.
Those numbers are better than Tim Duncan in his prime.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #34
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Yup ever since trade demand,pau has been showing why he is worth the hassel.His numbers have been great and his effort has been awesome since the demand.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #35
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Here's an offer that would be hard to refuse:

Deng, P.J. Brown's expiring contract, Tyrus Thomas, 2007 and 2009 1st round picks for Pau Gasol and Hakim Warrick.

I think West wouldn't have to think long to agree on the trade. Make it happen!

What do you think?

Last edited by Crazy Style : 02-01-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #36
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

If the Bulls made the offer I stated above that would be perfect for a team that needs to rebuild. First you would get a player that is averaging 17.8 points ppg 6.8 rebounds ppg and most importantly he's only in his third year at 21 so his up side is huge! Perhaps he'll be a future all star by how much he's been improving. Next you would get a 6'11" veteran forward in P.J. Brown who has plenty of playoff experience, but what makes him most attractive is his 8.5 million dollar expiring contract. With Tyrus Thomas the Grizzlies would get an athletic promising young player who's potential is sky high while his defense is already evident at this point in his first year. The 2007 first round pick that Memphis would receive would be originally New York's pick, it's sure to be a lottery pick, but somewhere in the top ten is still a possibility. It all depends on how the Knicks continue playing though. No matter what happens with the pick it will be a valuable one because the 07' draft is going to be very deep. Finally, the Grizzlies would receive Chicago's 2009 first round pick, to put the cherry on top of the deal.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 02-01-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:49 PM   #37
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
If the Bulls made the offer I stated above that would be perfect for a team that needs to rebuild. First you would get a player that is averaging 17.8 points ppg 6.8 rebounds ppg and most importantly he's only in his third year at 21 so his up side is huge! Perhaps he'll be a future all star by how much he's been improving. Next you would get a 6'11" veteran forward in P.J. Brown who has plenty of playoff experience, but what makes him most attractive is his 8.5 million dollar expiring contract. With Tyrus Thomas the Grizzlies would get an athletic promising young player who's potential is sky high while his defense is already evident at this point in his first year. The 2007 first round pick that Memphis would receive would be originally New York's pick, it's sure to be a lottery pick, but somewhere in the top ten is still a possibility. It all depends on how the Knicks continue playing though. No matter what happens with the pick it will be a valuable one because the 07' draft is going to be very deep. Finally, the Grizzlies would receive Chicago's 2009 first round pick, to put the cherry on top of the deal.

I think that would be an equitable trade. Jerry might go for something like that. Losing Deng would be easier than losing Gordon. Noc would be a good replacement for Deng and not cost as much. With Pau the Bulls would have all the pieces to win the east for sure. It would be tough to lose Warrick since I think he has some major potential. Pau would get his wish to play for
a legitimate contender too.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:18 PM   #38
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by poindexter
I It would be tough to lose Warrick since I think he has some major potential. Pau would get his wish to play for
a legitimate contender too.

It would be tough to lose Warrick, but it would only be fair for the Grizzlies to give up at least one young player with potential along with Gasol since the Bulls would be giving up so much. Otherwise the deal wouldn't work.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: