Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Default Re: Why Soccer is possibly the worst sport in existence!

Let me explain it like this to you.

In a good football game, you will be on the edge of your seat.

Do you know in the NBA, when it is tied in the last 20 seconds and one your player attempt a buzzer winning shot and all of you stand up !! This is football for you when it comes to scoring goals. You don't score much, but every attempt you take, every counter attack, every possibility of a goal is as exciting as 20 game winning shots being attempted in an NBA game.

Furthermore, the outstanding defense sometimes, the great midfielders, the great keeper saves is what also keeps football interesting and I would classify it as the most entertaining sport ever.

There is a reason football is the most popular sport by a wide margin.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Let me explain it like this to you.

In a good football game, you will be on the edge of your seat.

Do you know in the NBA, when it is tied in the last 20 seconds and one your player attempt a buzzer winning shot and all of you stand up !! This is football for you when it comes to scoring goals. You don't score much, but every attempt you take, every counter attack, every possibility of a goal is as exciting as 20 game winning shots being attempted in an NBA game.

Furthermore, the outstanding defense sometimes, the great midfielders, the great keeper saves is what also keeps football interesting and I would classify it as the most entertaining sport ever.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Most of those I disagree with, but some of them I do agree with

-Why don't they stop the clock instead of tacking on minutes to the end? Just stop the fckin clock, much easier

-The lack of scoring IS an issue for me...when watching soccer there are tense moments around the goal, however it pales in comparison to long drawn out back and forths in the mid field...making the goals a few feet wider would solve this issue but the history is too deep for that now. With wider goals you would have game scores commonly like 8-6 and it would make for MORE tense moments.

-No subs?...yes WHY??? what is the upside to that exactly ??
    That's such an american thing to say. I hope you were joking.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

It's because it's the only sport most countries offer, poverty stricken countries in particular are limited to soccer because all you need is a ball.

Basketball requires a hoop

Baseball requires a field

Football requires expensive pads

Hockey requires expensive pads and ice

Soccer requires a ball and a couple sticks to signify the goal...anyone and everyone can play it, and that is why it's the most popular, and NOT because everyone choose it over the rest.

It's because it's the only sport most countries offer, poverty stricken countries in particular are limited to soccer because all you need is a ball.

Soccer requires a ball and a couple sticks to signify the goal...anyone and everyone can play it, and that is why it's the most popular, and NOT because everyone choose it over the rest.
    Football requires a goal.Poor countries can just as easy make a hoop out of a long stick and some wire Cmon son

+ plenty of rich countries who have all play football and is their favorite sport.

All that you have listed is at a pro level.

But, baseball does not require a field at a lower level, plenty of kids can acquire a single bat, go out to a country field and play, American Football does not require expensive pads at lower level.

All in all, football is the most popular because it is the best and most entertaining sport out there. Basketball is second and tennis is third. The rest is shit.
    Last edited by Andrei89; 07-07-2014 at 08:39 PM.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

If you think all the kids in the world outside the US hand picked soccer to play from list of other sports you're wrong.

Many kids are primarily offered soccer...they don't have many other options

Good college starter

It also requires free space which is why basketball surpassed it in China

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Basketball is easily more entertaining than soccer, who are you people kidding?

People can like whatever the hell they want. There's things in American football that I notice more than most people, and other hardcore NFL fans as well, that make it more enjoyable for us. Same thing with soccer for soccer fans. Same for basketball fans. When you grow up around it, you appreciate it more and love it more. People say American football is boring and stops too much, I say it's exciting and keeps me extremely interested.

Football requires a goal.Poor countries can just as easy make a hoop out of a long stick and some wire Cmon son

+ plenty of rich countries who have all play football and is their favorite sport.

All that you have listed is at a pro level.

But, baseball does not require a field at a lower level, plenty of kids can acquire a single bat, go out to a country field and play, American Football does not require expensive pads at lower level.

All in all, football is the most popular because it is the best and most entertaining sport out there. Basketball is second and tennis is third. The rest is shit.
    The plenty of rich countries part is true. And you are certainly entitled to believing soccer is the best, most exciting sport.

But to suggest that the universality of soccer (due to not requiring any equipment besides the ball) isn't a massive contributor to its popularity is fcuking unbelievable ignorance or stupidity.

American football is also popular to play here in the US because all you need is a ball and some friends to tackle.

Well if we score 6 points for every goal just like in gridiron, more Americans would like football.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    http://sportzedge.com/2014/07/01/7-r...kind-of-sucks/
    I think that this pretty much clears up why this pathetic excuse of a sport is what it is... A snoozefest.

Thanks for your time nerds!

PS- Don't forget to rep me and PM me for advice on anything.
    nice, you seem highly intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Dudebro
    nice, you seem highly intelligent.
    Yeah I'm a ****ing genius. Bend over rookie. I'm taking over.