Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #16
tpols
we already won

Default Re: Melania Trumpís Parents Become U.S. Citizens, Using ĎChain Migrationí Trump Hates

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Right, but how does that make Donald Trump a hypocrite?

If I say that I would never vote for a Democrat, but my wife votes Democrat, does that make me a hypocrite?

If I say that Iím against something but I do that thing, that makes me a hypocrite.

If I say that Iím against something and someone I know does it, that doesnít make me a hypocrite. That just makes me a person who knows someone who does things I disagree with.

That analogy is completely off since the basis of chain migration is that there's a chain to something. You know who melanie and her family are chained to? Her husband Donald Trump. So he (and his immediate family) are direct beneficiaries of the law he protests.

You work really hard to try and twist simple reality.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:41 PM   #17
Lakers Legend#32
College star

Default Re: Melania Trumpís Parents Become U.S. Citizens, Using ĎChain Migrationí Trump Hates

Keep in mind folks, they are white so Trump is OK with it.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #18
ShawkFactory
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

If I say that I would never vote for a Democrat, but my wife votes Democrat, does that make me a hypocrite?

If I say that Iím against something but I do that thing, that makes me a hypocrite.

If I say that Iím against something and someone I know does it, that doesnít make me a hypocrite. That just makes me a person who knows someone who does things I disagree with.
That depends. In this scenario, do you want to get rid of all democrats? If this were the case and you kept your wife around then yes, that would make you a hypocrite.
ShawkFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #19
Hardtop Hero
I rule the local playground

Quote:

Donald Trump wants to end chain migration for OTHER families, though his wife's family benefited from it. Further, you can guarantee he would look for ways to make exceptions for families of associates of his (read: white "desirable" immigrants). That is the very definition of hypocrisy. I've questioned your intelligence, but I believe you're smart enough to get that, so the only reason to obfuscate on this is pure disingenuousness, which I find worse than someone being stupid because someone who is stupid doesn't know better.
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #20
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtop Hero
Donald Trump wants to end chain migration for OTHER families, though his wife's family benefited from it.
Right, but they came in through chain migration many years ago. It’s done. Like, I don’t understand what you’re wanting him to do here. Use his power as president to somehow prevent them from getting citizenship, strip them of their green cards and have them deported?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:46 PM   #21
nathanjizzle
#Trump4Treason

Quote:
Right, but they came in through chain migration many years ago. Itís done. Like, I donít understand what youíre wanting him to do here. Use his power as president to somehow prevent them from getting citizenship, strip them of their green cards and have them deported?

just stop. youre embarrassing yourself and your family.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #22
brownmamba00
Cali Love

Lol donny is a fool for this

Last edited by brownmamba00 : 08-10-2018 at 07:05 PM.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:09 PM   #23
SomeBlackDude
National High School Star

SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:16 AM   #24
bluechox2
#knickstape

Quote:
Right, but they came in through chain migration many years ago. Itís done. Like, I donít understand what youíre wanting him to do here. Use his power as president to somehow prevent them from getting citizenship, strip them of their green cards and have them deported?

well, the don is proposing to kick out citizens who came via chain migration... hence would be ironic now that his wifeí s parents would get kicked out as well if heís true to his word... but would be a hypocrite if he somehow gets them exempt from it
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:38 AM   #25
Terahite
Free Nick Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
Lol donny is a fool for this

did you really need to edit this little gem 8 minutes later? ghetto trash poster
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #26
Lakers Legend#32
College star

By the way, Trump is only two years younger than his father-in-law.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #27
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
well, the don is proposing to kick out citizens who came via chain migration... hence would be ironic now that his wife’ s parents would get kicked out as well if he’s true to his word... but would be a hypocrite if he somehow gets them exempt from it
Exactly this. But he can't do something like that. Besides, most 2nd generation citizens I know are becoming doctors and lawyers and engineers. They ain't about that poor life their parents lived. ASSETS to this country and economy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terahite
did you really need to edit this little gem 8 minutes later? ghetto trash poster
He didn't need to but it's great how a small sentence by him can trigger you
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:25 PM   #28
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
well, the don is proposing to kick out citizens who came via chain migration...
Iíve NEVER heard that.

1. You canít kick citizens out. Theyíre citizens.

2. His original plan limited chain migration to spouses and minor children. The most recent version actually includes parents, so even under Trumpís most recent plan, Melaniaís parents wouldnít be effected.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:07 PM   #29
bluechox2
#knickstape

Quote:
Iíve NEVER heard that.

1. You canít kick citizens out. Theyíre citizens.

2. His original plan limited chain migration to spouses and minor children. The most recent version actually includes parents, so even under Trumpís most recent plan, Melaniaís parents wouldnít be effected.

well, he was talking about that very topic..dont care if u arent current with all this shit going on...
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #30
Dro
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
Exactly this. But he can't do something like that. Besides, most 2nd generation citizens I know are becoming doctors and lawyers and engineers. They ain't about that poor life their parents lived. ASSETS to this country and economy.

He didn't need to but it's great how a small sentence by him can trigger you
I edited the thread title because I forgot the M in Melania. There was nothing to edit in my post because all I posted was 2 links and a 3 word sentence. Notice how Im a ghetto trash poster for that. I know exactly what Im talking about when I discuss race and the more upset and offended they get, the more Im being proven correct. But racists always show their true colors. I can laugh because he would never say it to my face. No need for you to waste your time responding to him, I dont. I focus on topics and discussion. He just throws his ignorant thoughts and whataboutism in every topic. Once he has something insightful to provide, Im sure he'll let us know.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: