Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board
Default Laker Girls: Dance Team Bracket

Link: http://www.nba.com/dancebracket/2009...matchup=lalnoh

Not that it really matters but the Laker Girls never do well in this Go vote for them :)
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
Lakers73
I airball my layups

Lakers73 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Laker Girls: Dance Team Bracket

For some reason the Lakers always select less-than-attractive girls for their Laker Girls Squad.
Lakers73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers73
For some reason the Lakers always select less-than-attractive girls for their Laker Girls Squad.

They choose the best dancers they can find rather than the sexiest/sluttiest girls.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:43 AM   #4
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
They choose the best dancers they can find rather than the sexiest/sluttiest girls.

Screw that, I vote for the SEXIEST, SLUTTIEST, EX-STRIPPER GIRLS.....As long as they have good moral values....
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81

Terrible strategy.

I was at Spearmint Rhino(torrance) on Sunday. Allie, Raily, Brenda, unnamed Puerto Rican girl, Gemma and a few others I didn't talk to are all better than Laker girls.

The no-cover late afternoon early evening admission is highly underrated.
LakersLaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand
Terrible strategy.

I was at Spearmint Rhino(torrance) on Sunday. Allie, Raily, Brenda, unnamed Puerto Rican girl, Gemma and a few others I didn't talk to are all better than Laker girls.

The no-cover late afternoon early evening admission is highly underrated.

The NBA is family entertainment... they are not looking for strip tease acts or "talent" of that nature...

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
The NBA is family entertainment... they are not looking for strip tease acts or "talent" of that nature...

Tell that to the Miami Heat, NY Knicks, Detroit Pistons, Dallas Mavericks and surprisingly Indiana Pacers. Just a few off the top of my head specifically the Mavs and Pacers..I saw with HOT dancers.

Hot = Large breasts & flat stomachs.
LakersLaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #8
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand
Tell that to the Miami Heat, NY Knicks, Detroit Pistons, Dallas Mavericks and surprisingly Indiana Pacers. Just a few off the top of my head specifically the Mavs and Pacers..I saw with HOT dancers.

Hot = Large breasts & flat stomachs.

Each team may have their own philosophy, but the net net of it is that the NBA does want it to be family oriented entertainment.. and I personally do not want my young kids seeing T & A.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #9
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Each team may have their own philosophy, but the net net of it is that the NBA does want it to be family oriented entertainment.. and I personally do not want my young kids seeing T & A.

As homely as they are this year, the Laker Girls still do not fit under the umbrella of "family oriented entertainment"--they're young ladies that wear skin-tight spandex and gyrate their hips during half time. Their appeal lies largely (almost exclusively) with males old enough to know what boobs are.

I think that's what people have a problem with--why have a dance team if you're going to stock it full of normies? If you're going to offer something, don't stop a quarter of the way through. That's like promising your girlfriend a fancy dinner at a French restaurant, then taking her to Le Burger King.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #10
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
As homely as they are this year, the Laker Girls still do not fit under the umbrella of "family oriented entertainment"--they're young ladies that wear skin-tight spandex and gyrate their hips during half time. Their appeal lies largely (almost exclusively) with males old enough to know what boobs are.

I think that's what people have a problem with--why have a dance team if you're going to stock it full of normies? If you're going to offer something, don't stop a quarter of the way through. That's like promising your girlfriend a fancy dinner at a French restaurant, then taking her to Le Burger King.

i don't fully disagree, but i would argue there are 256 shades of gray in the matter and that there are more "extremes" that some teams take than others... lakers choose to be relatively "conservative" if that word even applies here.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Screw that, I vote for the SEXIEST, SLUTTIEST, EX-STRIPPER GIRLS.....As long as they have good moral values....
AGREED!
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: