Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 11-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Do you think the Bulls will have a 2nd dynasty in the future?

I believe the Bulls have a chance to win a championship by 2010 and will have 4 championship rings to their collection by 2020. I can see the Bulls having a great run in a couple years of making the Eastern Conference finals and Finals appearances almost every year. I also see them having a stretch of 3 championships in 6 years. 2020 is a long way from now, so 4 championships in the next 14 years is not out of the question. This would bring them to a total of 10 championships! What do you think?

Last edited by Crazy Style : 11-07-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think that it's just wishful thinking. They are definitely legitimate contenders as of right now, so we'll see.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:42 AM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There will be no dynasty. Chicago really doesn't have that great of a team like they did back in the day. Think about it, the other 4 starters that Ben is with are all worse than the ones he was with on the Pistons and they could only win 1.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:18 AM   #4
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

record books here we come. the bulls have the deepest and youngest team in the leage
there will be great basketball played in chicago for a long time
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #5
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
There will be no dynasty. Chicago really doesn't have that great of a team like they did back in the day. Think about it, the other 4 starters that Ben is with are all worse than the ones he was with on the Pistons and they could only win 1.

Harsh words, are they really worse than all those guys. Obviously it would be almost impossibe to have a team like they had in the late 80's and all through out the 90's, but something like winning two championships in a span of four years is possible.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A little too early to judge. By seasons end you would have a better a gauge.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not trying to be harsh, just realistic. I know that Chicago has some great draft picks in the future because they made some good trades but lets look at the current lineup. The addition of Ben Wallace doesn't mean you will win multiple NBA championships

Kirk Hinrich vs. Chauncey Billups - Billups is the better PG
Ben Gordon vs. Rip Hamilton - Give me rip (even though Ben doesn't start all the time he is still the best scorer you have)
Andres Nocioni vs Tayshaun Prince - edge goes to Prince
Any one of your power fowards vs Rasheed or McDyss - again advantage Detroit
Ben Wallace vs. Nazr - This is the one part where Chicago has an advantage.

Now maybe through the draft improvements can be made to the line up. Ben only won 1 championship with Detroit with a better line up. I am not saying Chicago is not a contender for the next couple years, just definately not a team that will have any kind of dynasty.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:22 AM   #8
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I'm not trying to be harsh, just realistic. I know that Chicago has some great draft picks in the future because they made some good trades but lets look at the current lineup. The addition of Ben Wallace doesn't mean you will win multiple NBA championships

Kirk Hinrich vs. Chauncey Billups - Billups is the better PG
Ben Gordon vs. Rip Hamilton - Give me rip (even though Ben doesn't start all the time he is still the best scorer you have)
Andres Nocioni vs Tayshaun Prince - edge goes to Prince
Any one of your power fowards vs Rasheed or McDyss - again advantage Detroit
Ben Wallace vs. Nazr - This is the one part where Chicago has an advantage.

Now maybe through the draft improvements can be made to the line up. Ben only won 1 championship with Detroit with a better line up. I am not saying Chicago is not a contender for the next couple years, just definately not a team that will have any kind of dynasty.

i'd take kirk over billups, kirk is younger and will prove to be a better pg than billups
i'd take ben over rip for the same reason
now it's deng not andres but either way i like the bulls here
i can see rasheed but not mcdyss and after we get a killer big in the draft big ben will be at foward
nazr isn't all that
plus scott skiles and the bulls bench which is chris duhon andres nocioni thabo sefolosha viktor khryapa tyrus thomas just to name a few
we'll be watchin this dynasty like that soap opera so propa
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:23 AM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what made jordans bulls a dynasty was that they always had the flexibility to get players they needed to support mike. jordan didn't make but 3 mil a year when he could have gotten 30+m a season like he did that final year.. He opted to make less nba money for his championships. now currently even though teams can give their own players max money. Gordon, deng, noce, hinrich, are each worth 8mil a season and I'm being cheap cause those guys would get way more on another team. anything less and yall would be pimping the kids. So do honestly believe paxson will lock up a min of four 48mil deals for six years then added ben 15 mil a season to that? and what would thomas, thabo, duhon might get by then? 5mil possible for another 3 30mil max deals. I don't the money will be flowing like that. so dynasty is slim. some of those guys won't be there in the next few years.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: