Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #31
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: who thinks wade already passed his prime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
it will amaze me if Wade stays. I honestly think the miami mgmt screwed him over during his prime to save up for the 2010 free agent summer. Just my opinion.

I'd be very surprised if he leaves. Off the top of my head, there's only two other teams that could offer him a possibly better situation, and thats the Bulls and Nets. The Nets have great pieces, but considering they're on the verge of having the worst season ever, I just can't imagine him going there. The Bulls have great players, and definitely look like a team on its way up. However, Miami still has a good situation. First of all, its Miami. Second, the Heat have enough cap space to sign both Wade AND another max FA. Third, Michael Beasley is turning into a great player. Fourth, its been his home for the past 7 years. I see Wade staying.
guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #32
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
pretty good considering Lebron has already starting declining at age 23 (according to some posters on this board)

He's not as explosive off two feet. Of course, you could attibute that to the weight he's put on.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:25 PM   #33
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
He's not as explosive off two feet. Of course, you could attibute that to the weight he's put on.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #34
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I'm not saying he should be happy. I'm saying lack of motivation or not, he's not having as good of a season as he did last year, plain and simple. You can't just say "he's having just as good of a season as last year if you take his motivation into account".
wade's obviously having an off year and i don't blame him one bit.

he could be playing at 150% the level he is right now and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to the heat's chances. he already learned this the hard way, and something's gotta change.

fortunately it will, for both parties.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #35
thejusman1
I hit open 5-footers

thejusman1 has an OK reputation so far

Wade is in his prime right now.. I don't expect a serious decline for at least another 2-3 years. Last night was just one game, there's no reason to blow it out of proportion.
thejusman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #36
B-Easy
Local High School Star

B-Easy has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
wade's obviously having an off year and i don't blame him one bit.

he could be playing at 150% the level he is right now and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to the heat's chances. he already learned this the hard way, and something's gotta change.

fortunately it will, for both parties.

really, so hes having an off year?
27-7-5 46% 1.8stls 1.2block ..with constant double teams..with elite defense and hes leading team to the playoffs...thats being off?

What kind of standards are you guys setting for this guy?...i read this forum and the guy is barely top 3 or top 5 for some people here...yet if he isnt putting up 30ppg on 50%fg..hes "not trying" ..hes "looking forward next year"..what the hell?
B-Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:00 AM   #37
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy
really, so hes having an off year?
27-7-5 46% 1.8stls 1.2block ..with constant double teams..with elite defense and hes leading team to the playoffs...thats being off?
yes, that's being off.

as inconvenient as that is, wade has coped with far worse. he's having a poor season, and the onus is on heat fans to figure out where the problem lies...
Old 01-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #38
B-Easy
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
yes, that's being off.

as inconvenient as that is, wade has coped with far worse. he's having a poor season, and the onus is on heat fans to figure out where the problem lies...

if thats being off..then Kobe, Durant, Melo, Dirk..all those guys and everyone below them is having a bad year. Only guy in the entire league having a good year must be Lebron.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #39
Tha Catalyst
High School JV MVP

Tha Catalyst is considered somewhat coolTha Catalyst is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
if thats being off..then Kobe, Durant, Melo, Dirk..all those guys and everyone below them is having a bad year. Only guy in the entire league having a good year must be Lebron.
Look beyond the stats. If you have been watching wade this year it is very clear that he is not playing to his full capabilities. He's still a superstar but one gets the feeling his heart isn't 100% into it.
Tha Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:33 AM   #40
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
keep talking. the joke becomes more delicious with every word that you speak. or attempt to speak, as the case may be...
Old 01-28-2010, 01:35 AM   #41
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Difference between prime and PEAK. Last season was probably his peak, but if you think he's not in his prime anymore then you don't know what prime means.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:17 AM   #42
B-Easy
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Catalyst
Look beyond the stats. If you have been watching wade this year it is very clear that he is not playing to his full capabilities. He's still a superstar but one gets the feeling his heart isn't 100% into it.

im looking beyond the stats..and i see a guy that creates open shots for his teammates far more than the assists show, because of lack of finishers inside and inconsistent shooting.

And i see a guy that scores 27ppg the hard way..with few easy baskets and few assisted baskets because of the attention he commands...and the lack of respect teams have for the rest of the Heat players offensively.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:39 AM   #43
Whiteness
Banned

Whiteness has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I don't know. I think it's because his entire strategy has changed as far as team basketball goes. He doesn't really have to be that explosive anymore.

As for Wade, he still has a few more rings to win.
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #44
Andrei89
#HEATNATION

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Kobe + Lebron together have not got double teamed so much time as Wade this year. And Wade still puts up those numbers. Past his prime?

No Sir
Andrei89 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: