Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-26-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default OT: New York Mets

I follow both the Yank and Mets casually. not a big fan of baseball.

but I have a few questions about the Mets:

what is your starting pitching rotation? it looks more old and tattered than the Yankees rotation. will Pedro be a factor this year? is El Duque your clear cut ace?

do you think David Wright and Jose Reyes are better than Derek Jeter and ARod?

will Beltran make a push for NL MVP?

how is the bullpen looking?

after last year's strong push to the NLCS 7th game, how will this team regroup? the Phillies are supposedly reloaded this year and ready to go. will the Mets be deterred?

do you think the Mets can win it all?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:38 PM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: OT: New York Mets

Your a yankee fan though right? I remember during the detroit series you were going for the yankees. Yankees will get their 27th this year.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm a Yankees fan, but i'm not a Met *****, just a Red Sox *****.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

I hate Mets and Boston.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

well im a casual fan. i like the Yankees for their pedigree and legacy.

but I don't hate the Mets, just want to keep it open to all the NY baseball fans
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:29 AM   #6
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I'm a HUGE Mets fan. I do follow the Yankees. I blame A-Fraud for the losses during the playoffs the Yanks have suffered. I blame Wright for choking at the plate for the Mets when they really need him. I love that team more for the fact that they have 3 Puerto Ricans on the squad. Beltran, Delgado and Valentin. If they have added any others then more power to them. I would love a repeat of the subway world series. Let's see what happens.

Thank you Bernie for all those solid years in the centerfield for the Yankees. You'll be sorely missed. You are one of the great Puerto Rican legends, Roberto Clemente, Dickie Thon, Santos Alomar Sr. and many more.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
I'm a HUGE Mets fan. I do follow the Yankees. I blame A-Fraud for the losses during the playoffs the Yanks have suffered. I blame Wright for choking at the plate for the Mets when they really need him. I love that team more for the fact that they have 3 Puerto Ricans on the squad. Beltran, Delgado and Valentin. If they have added any others then more power to them. I would love a repeat of the subway world series. Let's see what happens.

Thank you Bernie for all those solid years in the centerfield for the Yankees. You'll be sorely missed. You are one of the great Puerto Rican legends, Roberto Clemente, Dickie Thon, Santos Alomar Sr. and many more.

4-0 Mets record.

Beltran is a beast. Reyes is a beast. The pitching is outstanding.

Rollins said that the Phillies were the team to beat. They have a 1-3 record. We play them on Monday. Ought to be a laugher. :
Old 04-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
4-0 Mets record.

Beltran is a beast. Reyes is a beast. The pitching is outstanding.

Rollins said that the Phillies were the team to beat. They have a 1-3 record. We play them on Monday. Ought to be a laugher. :
isnt it a tad early to boasting about the mets??? there will be no subway series for met fans... unless they have there geritol!

I think Omar made a mistake trying to win now and I think he should have continued the rebuilding process with younger players. The corner outfield 2nd base are way old and 3 fifth of the rotation is ancient 1st base and catcher is older as well... I cant see the mets doing much this year like that because of age... but the top half of there order is well built hitting wise... and when the bullpen gets healthy is pretty outstanding...

You cant compare Wright and Reyes to Jeter and Arod (10 years older and accomplished many awards)... Body of work obviously goes to the Yankees 5 years from now Wright and Reyes can be special...

As a Yankee fan I like the way we are building for the future as well as the present. The rotation is iffy at best but hopefully the bats will put us in the playoffs and then we can see what happens... honestly pitching and defense wins championships and the yankees are weak in both areas..
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #9
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

While A-Fraud is a Yankee they won't win the World Series. Keep him. He's the Yankees bad luck charm. Yeah, he'll give you big numbers during the regular season but in the playoffs he'll forget how to swing a bat. He's done it every year he's been in pinstripes.

Wright and Reyes too young and inexperienced compared to A-Fraud and Jeter? I'll give you that. But which team meshes better and has currently the best record. Too early to brag? They were on a tear last year as well. They swept the series against the Cards this past week. We'll see who's gloating in a little bit. Nice job keeping Mussina and bringing back Pettite. They are really young. No geritol needed in the Yankees clubhouse. Damon isn't a spring chicken either. Giambi is so young. Jeter is a baby. Yeah, the fountain of youth is in the Bronx.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:15 AM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
While A-Fraud is a Yankee they won't win the World Series. Keep him. He's the Yankees bad luck charm. Yeah, he'll give you big numbers during the regular season but in the playoffs he'll forget how to swing a bat. He's done it every year he's been in pinstripes.

Wright and Reyes too young and inexperienced compared to A-Fraud and Jeter? I'll give you that. But which team meshes better and has currently the best record. Too early to brag? They were on a tear last year as well. They swept the series against the Cards this past week. We'll see who's gloating in a little bit. Nice job keeping Mussina and bringing back Pettite. They are really young. No geritol needed in the Yankees clubhouse. Damon isn't a spring chicken either. Giambi is so young. Jeter is a baby. Yeah, the fountain of youth is in the Bronx.
right now mesh there are a 157 more games to play wtf are you talking about
they were on a tear last year that has nothing to do with this year and its not the same team so it doesnt count!
I know where we'll be by the end of the year for sure and thats in the playoffs...
I will give your team credit considering they are starting on the road they are doing a hell of a job!
I love the bravado of Met fans right now! You must know deep down inside they are going to finish 3rd or 4th in the division as usual! Think you just lost the series to the Braves as well, sound familiar?
bwahhaaa
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #11
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

All the sushi must have gone to your brain and turned it into mush.

The Mets won the Division last year. What are you talking about 3rd or 4th as usual? You must be some kind of retard. The Mets are going to win it all in the National League. The champs were their hoes this past week and we'll keep a winning record. We lost against the Braves the series but at least that is a team that is recognizable as a TEAM. Tampa Bay? I mean you are a Yankee fan. Devil Rays beat you guys? Oh crap. I'd never say I'm a Yankee after that. Who the hell are the D Rays? Without looking it up, do you know their entire lineup? Pitching rotation? No superstars on that team and they beat your Yankees with A-Fraud in the line up. WTF are you dissing the Mets about the Braves for? You are a clown and the Yankees will never win a World Series with A-Fraud on the team You guys suck nards and like it for losing against the D Rays. : Almost forgot about the Orioles. : They beat your team too. I can't take you seriously anymore. : Your team is overrated and the pitching rotation is joke. You want to diss the Mets after that? Stick to the past, you'll miss out on the present. :
Old 04-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #12
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
what is your starting pitching rotation? it looks more old and tattered than the Yankees rotation. will Pedro be a factor this year? is El Duque your clear cut ace?
They're getting up there in age. Glavine still appears to be our ace though. El Duque is still a solid pitcher for us, and I think he's second in the rotation. John Maine is probably the next best pitcher in the rotation, he's a solid young guy. Pedro will miss a lot of the season, and will probably be a non-factor when he comes back, but I think he'll be an ok pitcher once he's made a few starts.

Quote:
do you think David Wright and Jose Reyes are better than Derek Jeter and ARod?

No, and anyone who does is wrong. Those two are better hitters, and defensive players. But in a few more years when Reyes and Wright develop, I think they'll be similar to ARod and Jeter right now.

Quote:
will Beltran make a push for NL MVP?

I think he'll have a solid year with something like 45 HR .310 BA 20 SB, but Ryan Howard's home runs will be ridiculous, and he'll probably get it again.

Quote:
how is the bullpen looking?

It aiight, Heilman and Wagner are still closing out the games for us, I haven't seen Mota or Perez yet this year, probably because I only watched the Cardinals series so far. BTW, Amigo, do you know what happened to Sanchez? He was great last year.

Quote:
after last year's strong push to the NLCS 7th game, how will this team regroup? the Phillies are supposedly reloaded this year and ready to go. will the Mets be deterred?
The Phillies aren't on the Mets level, and the Braves are still a mess. I look for the Mets to win the division again this year.

Quote:
do you think the Mets can win it all?

Yes, they just swept the reigning champs, and the pitching looks better than ever. It could be an easy road to the WS.

BTW, the Yankees suck massive amounts of ass.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
BTW, the Yankees suck massive amounts of ass.

I agree with everything you said. I agree with this line the most though.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #14
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Anybody watching the Phillies/Mets game on SNY? What a game.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #15
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Anybody watching the Phillies/Mets game on SNY? What a game.

Game Final: PHI 5- NYM 11

Keep talking all that crap Rollins. I knew it would be a laugher. :
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: