Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #16
Alamo
Banned

Alamo has decent reputation
Default Re: ps3 vs 360 experience/offerings

I was a 360 fanboy for 5 years until I bought a ps3 this January. Boy was I missing out. Haven't touched my 360 since.
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #17
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
It's smart to not let them use blu ray because they are in direct competition with them on the gaming market. This is because blu ray is superior technology, giving the PS3 an advantage over the 360. However, when both systems came out it was unknown whether HdDvd or bluray would take over. It just happened to be bluray. I wouldn't have said there were 8 companies if I thought Sony had 100% say when it comes to who uses the product. You just misinterpreted. Anyway, PS3>360.

Denying MS Bluray would be an awful business decision. Just terrible. Imagine how big Bluray would have been by now if the Xbox came with one? Imagine the billions of extra revenue it would generate?

Again, Sony itself doesn't operate on fanboy sentiments. They care about making money, period.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #18
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Denying MS Bluray would be an awful business decision. Just terrible. Imagine how big Bluray would have been by now if the Xbox came with one? Imagine the billions of extra revenue it would generate?

Again, Sony itself doesn't operate on fanboy sentiments. They care about making money, period.

Yes, but like I said. Both companies had no idea which technology was going to take over. Beta tapes were superior to VHS, but VHS would be the one to take off since it had longer recording abilities.
Velocirap31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #19
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The 360 controller is pure sex, but that machine rubbed me the wrong way from day one. They rushed it and it showed. It's not a bad machine at all, but they didnt take the time needed to really finish it and do all the little things that they have done over the years. The external power supply was atrocious, number one thing I hated about the 360 and Wii. Plus, I have never seen a machine get so much leeway for unreliability which was so surprising because the original Xbox was pretty good to me.

Xbox live is better than PSN, but the difference is so freaking overstated on here. Like I still play online just fine, I don't see why people are so dead set on saying that online gamers should go for the 360. You are going to get a good experience either way.

I like the XMB. I dont know if I am in minority about that.

Netflix works way better on the PS3 in my opinion as well. Flawless layout.

Last edited by RaininTwos : 04-17-2012 at 04:53 PM.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #20
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

He's talking about opportunity cost.
If Sony allowed Microsoft to use the blu-ray technology, then it would have made the Xbox even more attractive and would have surely cut PS3's sales.

Yes we need a sensitivity analysis to determine which way they should have went, but it isn't as cut and dry as you make it sound.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: