Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Re: Trade Rumour - Raps and Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    D'Antoni is the ideal coach for Bargs if you feel the best thing for Bargnani is not to have his deficiencies challenged or grow in any way, just go out and shoot quick and don't worry about rebounding and D. If you just want to see him babied it's the perfect marriage.
    and thats the exact reason i wouldnt want him to join la. offense is not the problem. though, having calderon as the back up pg would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    pekovic is great. but wouldnt work in MDA's offense nor would he look comfortable next to dwight. Two big bodies that take up the paint.

If atl is interested, La should accept the minny deal, but instead use atl as a 3rd team (trade pek and dwill to the hawks) and take back josh smith

minny gets what they want

atl gets a legit center to pair up with horford in the front court. theyd easily become one of the best front courts in the east

la gets a player who can run in mda's system but more importantly, they get a player who can provide great D next to howard. not to mention, this would keep howard happy throughout the season.
    Maybe Derrick Williams would fit but we still don't know what we have in him. Pekovic would be a backup center. But I guess I wouldn't want that for him. So yeah your 3 team idea is good.
    But I just wonder why does Minny want to get rid of Pekovic?

Quote Originally Posted by Cermet
    But I just wonder why does Minny want to get rid of Pekovic?
    I dont think its so much that they want to get rid of him, but more that they see potential in a rubio gasol tandem. gasols playing like shit. thats news to no one. but hes being underutilized in la and Minnesota knows this and is banking on his hopeful potential.

Not airballing my layups anymore bih's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    D'Antoni is the ideal coach for Bargs if you feel the best thing for Bargnani is not to have his deficiencies challenged or grow in any way, just go out and shoot quick and don't worry about rebounding and D. If you just want to see him babied it's the perfect marriage.
    And then you make playoffs somehow and you expect Andrea to defend Ibaka/Duncan?

Quote Originally Posted by bih
    And then you make playoffs somehow and you expect Andrea to defend Ibaka/Duncan?
    dwight could guard both those players, considering their counter parts (perkins, diaw) arent the biggest offensive threats.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

They don't really post Ibaka, he's a jumpshooter and finisher. That might not be so bad although he might drive you crazy on the glass. And you can also hide Bargs on Perk. Defending TD would be horrible, bu LA would keep him off Duncan as much as possible with Howard.

But I certainly am not going to say trading for Bargs is a good idea, especially not a good big like Gasol. To me the deal only makes sense for LA if they're majorly concerned with Nash's health.

NBA lottery pick

Bargnani's man defense isn't the issue, it's his help defense that's terrible.

Remember when the league had Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Shaquille O'Neal, Alonzo Mourning?

How often do you think Patrick played 1v1 on defense? How often was Oak or Mase guarding Hakeem in that Finals? How often did they guard the other guys?

Forgetting that Duncan is playing C, why do you think that -if he was playing PF- that the Lakers couldn't have guard Howard him? Do you not think that's allowed if Duncan is listed at PF? Duncan often guarded Shaq when Duncan was actually playing PF, even with Robinson there. Why? Well, how about keeping Bargnani on him and both keep Howard out of foul trouble and to allow him to control the paint and come over on help. That's why Ewing did. That's what Robinson did a lot of when Duncan was in town, and a million others.

Besides, everyone is always obsessed with "well this guy is gonna kill him" and all that. They say it about Nash. They say it about everyone. I'm not saying go after Bargnani. But they should worry less about nullifying somebody and more about making themselves as good as they can be.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    and thats the exact reason i wouldnt want him to join la. offense is not the problem. though, having calderon as the back up pg would be great.
    My only concern with Cauldron as the back up is that this season hes struggled playing behind Lowry, his stats don't show it cause Lowry has been injured and Jose has got got mins but when he has played 25 mins or less this season hes really struggled in general. Cauldron has shown to be real effective as a starter but hes not quiet figured out the bench role.

Quote Originally Posted by heavensdevil
    The rumoured trade is Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani for Pau Gasol... not sure how I feel about this proposed deal. Apparently the Raptors are the frontrunners to land him if Gasol is traded.
    lol, I mentioned this before. This is what you call a great trade. Who knows if/when Nash will be injured, and Barg is basically the best player you could put beside Dwight. It'd be crazy to have him operating in that space. With a run n gun offense? ogod.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Remember when the league had Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Shaquille O'Neal, Alonzo Mourning?

How often do you think Patrick played 1v1 on defense? How often was Oak or Mase guarding Hakeem in that Finals? How often did they guard the other guys?

Forgetting that Duncan is playing C, why do you think that -if he was playing PF- that the Lakers couldn't have guard Howard him? Do you not think that's allowed if Duncan is listed at PF? Duncan often guarded Shaq when Duncan was actually playing PF, even with Robinson there. Why? Well, how about keeping Bargnani on him and both keep Howard out of foul trouble and to allow him to control the paint and come over on help. That's why Ewing did. That's what Robinson did a lot of when Duncan was in town, and a million others.

Besides, everyone is always obsessed with "well this guy is gonna kill him" and all that. They say it about Nash. They say it about everyone. I'm not saying go after Bargnani. But they should worry less about nullifying somebody and more about making themselves as good as they can be.
    Double post. Not to mention Barg would own them on the other end. And Dwight would help him on D. Barg is an amazing scorer. He's not Dirk, but he's got his own skill set.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    My only concern with Cauldron as the back up is that this season hes struggled playing behind Lowry, his stats don't show it cause Lowry has been injured and Jose has got got mins but when he has played 25 mins or less this season hes really struggled in general. Cauldron has shown to be real effective as a starter but hes not quiet figured out the bench role.
    ye i noticed that too. when lowry was out for those handful of games, calderon put up monster numbers on the offensive end. Now... not so much. I do however think if he was to come to la (personally, im not a big supporter of this trade) MDA would try to limit nash's minutes as best he could, giving calderon a fair chunk of them. Would he produce better off the bench for la? That could go either way.
    Last edited by Levity; 12-06-2012 at 09:02 PM.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heavensdevil
    The rumoured trade is Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani for Pau Gasol... not sure how I feel about this proposed deal. Apparently the Raptors are the frontrunners to land him if Gasol is traded.
    actually, its them and kleiza based on the info from much earlier today.

This deal would only make sense if the Raps plan to flip Gasol in the off-season to get younger. A 32-year old Gasol on this roster makes no sense. I'd rather have Gasol then AB, who clearly has worn out his welcome at this point, but not really at the expense of a full rebuild. I'm tired of the patch-work mediocre mentality. This ship to needs to be blown up.

Those who think AB still has potential are kidding themselves. He is what he is. A one dimensional player, who'll show flashes brilliance offensively, but is content to mainly just jack-up jumpers for better or worse. Plus, he doesn't rebound.

All that being said, he would probably flourish under MDA's system. Kobe would light a fire under-him as well.

Best thing about this is that BC does appear to be willing to part with AB, which I didn't think was possible.

Banned

Lowry+Bargnani for Gasol

DO IT MITCH