Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Souls 2

Default Re: Dark Souls 2

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    pursuer

8-(
    Haha just take off your armor and roll towards him just missing his attacks.

I'm currently on a New Game +.

Level 160 Sorcerer.

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Spoiler free early impressions:

Got Dark Souls 2 today for both ps3 and xbox. First thing I noticed- It doesn't come with a manual! Lame! Though somewhat forgivable in Dark Souls' case because it adds to the "figure it out yourself" aura of the game. But we all know they did it to cut costs.

The graphics and atmosphere are GREAT! I wasn't a huge fan of those aspects in Dark Souls 1. I am also loving the enemy design so far.

Combat and controls feel as tight as ever.

Difficulty seems to be the same as the other two, it's still a tough game. I have been playing without a shield though, but that's how I always play. And I don't use magic or bows.
    Is it just me or the target lock feature is smoother and less restraining. I played the first one without using the feature as it limited my style. I love dodging attacks and circling the enemy, way more fun than trying to withstand attacks with a shield.

My swordsman is lvl 140 now, I just killed my way to the dragon boss in Aldia's keep. Boss fights are really enjoyable, I have a weak spot for games with numerous boss fights that each need their own strategy. Kudos to software for coming up with even a worthier sequel.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I think I'm gonna play Dark Souls 2 before Dark Souls 1. I have both and I don't wanna get burned out playing both back to back. So I'll play DS2 first, a couple of other games, then go back to Dark Souls 1.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I think I'm gonna play Dark Souls 2 before Dark Souls 1. I have both and I don't wanna get burned out playing both back to back. So I'll play DS2 first, a couple of other games, then go back to Dark Souls 1.
    I recommend playing the first one first due to the tweaks they implemented on DSII.
    Last edited by glidedrxlr22; 04-15-2014 at 03:19 PM.

I've already passed Demon's Souls. I just sat on Dark Souls and didn't play past a few hours.

By the way do you have any good build recommendations for builds for both games. I don't like sorcerers and clerics. I mainly like knights and warriors who have a little projectile magic. I'm willing to use the swordsman or some some sort of ninja/dexterity build. I mainly want a good player vs environment build.
    Last edited by glidedrxlr22; 04-15-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I've already passed Demon's Souls. I just sat on Dark Souls and didn't play past a few hours.

By the way do you have any good build recommendations for builds for both games. I don't like sorcerers and clerics. I mainly like knights and warriors who have a little projectile magic. I'm willing to use the swordsman or some some sort of ninja/dexterity build. I mainly want a good player vs environment build.

For Dark Souls 1..... the Legend:

Chaos or Lightning Zweihander (found in the cemetery right next to Firelink Shrine)
    Mask of The Father.
    Giants everything else.(bought in Anor Londo... use Knight armor with Leather leggins till's you get there)

Havel's Ring
    Ring of Favor and Protection

Stats.... you know what, just look at the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4

I am still waiting for the DS2 PC release. But as of now, i'm thinking of a Claymore/Faith build. Faith is much more viable in DS2.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I'm on my second play through. First was as a melee/pyro and now as a caster. It's been much easier as a caster. With my first build if it weren't for the pyromancy I would have had a hard time in some spots. As a caster I rape bosses. I will buy the PC version which I heard is the best version when the price goes down a little bit.

If you want a knight/melee build. Go with a STR build. Pyromancy comes in handy.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Just started it. Super confusing.

I rule the local playground

Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2

The fighting mechanics themselves are somewhat superior, but the overall atmosphere of the game is nothing compared to the first one. The world isn't as well connected. The boss fights are lame, repetitive, and easier.

NBA Superstar

quick question. i just started playing not long ago but hit a point already that i can't get past and have given up for awhile. I think i've died over 50~ times trying. its where those giants are...i kill the first couple giants and they despawn, then i run past those 3 in the room, and past the last giant before the boss room....i have a real hard time killing this boss guy with that long polearm. its basically where if i get hit i die and have to dodge and hit this guy over 30~ times?

Am i going for this guy too early or am i really supposed to beat this guy without any upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    quick question. i just started playing not long ago but hit a point already that i can't get past and have given up for awhile. I think i've died over 50~ times trying. its where those giants are...i kill the first couple giants and they despawn, then i run past those 3 in the room, and past the last giant before the boss room....i have a real hard time killing this boss guy with that long polearm. its basically where if i get hit i die and have to dodge and hit this guy over 30~ times?

Am i going for this guy too early or am i really supposed to beat this guy without any upgrades?
    Forest of the Fallen Giants?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    Forest of the Fallen Giants?

i think thats it. its early in the game and i think the first giants you can run into.

i killed the first few by dodging and attacking constantly which took awhile already. then ran by the rest until the zone boundary to the boss fight. he is a giant with a scythe i think, something long. all i know is i keep getting my butt kicked by him. I swear its been at least 20+ on him alone~ and never even past half.

thats why i'm wondering if i should just call it quits on this route and i went somewhere over my head for a noob with no power ups??

^^

That part seems to be a test to weed out those who will quit and those who will tough it out. There's a spot where you can stand on a ledge, lock on, and block and the guys will hit you and then they'll just fall over the ledge.

After you get past the first 3 guys and then you cross the narrow path there's 3 nights waiting in a circular room. Instead of going into this room carefully walk on to the ledge to the left of the entrance....but first bait the guys into going after you. Lock on to the enemies one at a time, block with a shield.....you'll get hit once or twice....lose a little damage...but the baddies will fall over the ledge. You can do this with about 5 or 6 of the nights in this stage.....the ones willing to follow you to the ledge.

For the boss....just use your soap stone and help others beat him first. Then you'll return in full body form and then look for help from others. Get two partners and you'll make short work of the boss.
    Last edited by glidedrxlr22; 06-20-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Crown of the Sunken King dlc came out on July 23rd. It adds a 5 hour area with a few bosses. I just started it....seems a little tougher than other other areas. Lots of poison and corrosive enemies. The environment is more puzzle oriented. So far so good. 2 more dlc sections will be released over the next few months.