Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 10-31-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Allstar Crash

Will Gerald Wallace have the stats to make the allstar team this year?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Question Re: Allstar Crash

Some folks seem to think that the All Star stuff is basically political. So maybe if the Bobcats have a winning W/L then Crash would be seen more favorably. Right now could any Bobcat be named to anything prestigious just because we've been a losing team and folks like to diss us?
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Default Re: Allstar Crash

I think he will definitely have the stats, but he won't b/c he gets to compete with the likes of LBJ and KG. And he's a Bobcat...
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

^Agreed.

Remember Crash averaged 2 blocks/2 steals year before last...a feat only done 3 times in the NBA's history (and not since a decade or two) yet didn't even making the 2nd all defensive team!

Most of these "awards" only go to players on winning teams. If we can be near .500 thru the first couple of months then he should be invited.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

Agree completly, he'll have the stats yes, but probably won't make the team unless we're winning. Voting is a popularist pursuit and most non Bobcat fans think we're terrible and everything about us is bad.

If we have a good season then the players deserving of praise will get plenty for 'carrying a bad team to victories'. However I worry with basically just Okafor (probably with minor injuries as normal) and Brezec in the way of bigs how we're going to get to that 8th seed that our talent level and work ethic is capable of due to chemistry.

We could see just one big and us going a bit like the Suns loaded with wings as we are, but it doesn't sound like they want to play small. A rouse perhaps? only time will tell.

Perhaps Okafor not getting his extension is prep for dropping a couple of contracts next offseason for another big guy just under the salery cap and then getting Okafor to sign the deal immediatly after. Not sure if that's possible but I think it is easier to trade / sign a FA then after that extend our own guy. Hate to be negative before the season starts as know the injuries at least aren't to our big stars but dare I say it already, who might we be able to pick up next offseason with potential space, lol the Bobcat mantra it seems
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:40 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

The only way Wallace doesn't make it is if Richardson gets voted in ahead of him, which is very likely.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:25 PM   #7
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Wallace is a better overall player than Richardson. So if anyone from the Bobcats is going to go it will be Wallace.

Dont sleep on Okafor either. Shaq is dwindling down as is Ben Wallace. Quality bigs are going down in the East,
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:14 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Sure Wallace would be in if it was based on talent, but sadly it's not. Richardson is more known in the basketball world than Wallace. Why do you think last year Shaq started in the all-star game even though he didn't play a game until January last year? It's not about talent, it's about your name.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:13 PM   #9
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

It's the name.... to be a starter. Wins and losses have little at all to do with it (unless your the MVP of your team and your carrying them on your back to a winning record) Once the 5 starters are named the coach chooses the bench and reserves. In my own opinion.
Arenas-Wade-Lebron-KG-Shaq will start....
Kidd-Iggy-Smith-Jermaine-Howard

And I just hope to god that they have the sense to pick up at least 1 of our big 3 as a reserve. JRich or Wallace could possibly take Iguodala's spot, but I believe he is in for a huge year.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:48 AM   #10
Feltonian
Learning to shoot layups

Because of our crappy TV deal, Crash (and the rest of the team for that matter) get very little national exposure. I live in LA and no one here knows who he is. That hurts him immensley in terms of being voted onto the team.
Feltonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:54 AM   #11
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

I'm not sure that Bob Johnson had a clue about owning/running a real-life NBA team. I think he was attracted to it as a 'hip' way to add to his empire. Once the Cats franchise became a reality then I think that maybe he got real about the expectations of the fans and certainly he doesn't want to make himself look bad. But I think that he has a ways to go and a lot to learn to show that he's serious about having a winning and well-respected team.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: