Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-23-2018, 11:21 PM   #151
sdot_thadon
Local High School Star

Default Re: Lebron fans - post a shot (not a dunk) that MJ couldn't do.. Then MJ fans will go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
That's a turnaround jumpshot

A 1-dribble pull-up is entirely facing the basket - no post up

Again, lebron is garbage from the triple threat so it's going to be real hard to find a one-dribble pull-up, let alone a DEEP one, let alone a game-winning one

It's also funny how you're the one that can't find a deep one-dribble pull-up, after chastising me about deep step-backs..

So a summary so far: MJ has no deep step-backs, and Lebron has no one-dribble pull-ups, no DEEP one dribble pull-ups, no ball-palming shots, no hangtime mid-range and no crazy shots off a drop-step (i.e. reverse layup).

So MJ wins this one easily, as I figured would be the case
I dunno buddy from where im siting that was out of the triple threat, one dribble jumper just a more advanced jumper. nice move actually. and as i stated that was a minimal effort on my part why don't you see for yourself since you are so certain.
sdot_thadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:28 AM   #152
3ball
NBA Legend

Default Re: Lebron fans - post a shot (not a dunk) that MJ couldn't do.. Then MJ fans will go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
I dunno buddy from where im siting that was out of the triple threat, one dribble jumper just a more advanced jumper. nice move actually. and as i stated that was a minimal effort on my part why don't you see for yourself since you are so certain.
It's not a pull-up, it's a turnaround

But I don't expect you to appreciate the difference
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:48 AM   #153
3ball
NBA Legend

Here sdot, don't take my word for it, take Jerry West's:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JtVSnCfvu3w
Old 10-24-2018, 04:56 AM   #154
AirBonner
The Closer

Any modern 3point line shot
AirBonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #155
Phoenix
Behold the Trollslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino24
Today’s 3pt line was out of Jordan’s range. it’s the reason the league had to shorten it to aid their poster boy

So you're saying that despite the fact that MJ won 3 titles before the line shortened(91-93), and won another title the year after they extended it back(98). And also won 4 of his 5 MVPs with the longer line( 88, 91,92, 98). So the 3point line at any distance played no bearing on his ability to win championships or MVPs. And to top it off, the 3point line was extended before he came back, unless you're arguing that it was done with the foreknowledge that he was coming back 3/4 into the 95 season? Sounds legit...

So aid with what, exactly?

Last edited by Phoenix : 10-24-2018 at 08:47 AM.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:05 AM   #156
sdot_thadon
Local High School Star

Quote:
Old threads have been bumped where posters are saying lebron can't do 1-dribble pull-ups

So it's common knowledge that lebron can't do one of the most basic moves in basketball

And if you manage to find one, you need to find a DEEP THREE where he did a 1-dribble pullup, like MJ does here to win the game

Again, show me Lebron doing crazy reverses off a drop-step.. I'll wait for that along with the deep, 1-dribble pull-ups..

well I'll be damned

and here

and here

and this one

another one

well somebody was real wrong

has to be cgi

and technically don't count in my book, but just for good measure

and if this doesn't count in your opinion, then it's actually a unique shot Mj's probably never done. Along with 360 layup and step back 3 from the parking lot or turnaround fadeaway buzzer beater 3 off glass

So as i said Op can celebrate another successful thread of educating ISH in just how much Lebron could do on the court. This may actually end up way on the side of Lebron if we add the 100s if not 1000s of passes he's done Mj didn't do, or chase down blocks, or even jumping over a whole guy for an alley oop.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:10 AM   #157
Round Mound
NBA rookie of the year

Lebron is not close to MJ offensively in terms of skill. MJ was a technician Lebron is more power but he travels alot compared to MJ. The rules allow so much traveling its not even funny anymore. There was some traveling in the 90s too but the last 20 years have been ambarrasing for refs not calling them. The 80s was the perfect blend of skill, athleticism, passing and real defense that did not help perimeter players much.
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:02 AM   #158
3ball
NBA Legend

[X] one-dribble pull-up
[X] deep one dribble pull-up

[X] right hand reverse off drop-step
[X] left hand reverse off drop-step

Quote:

and if this doesn't count in your opinion, then it's actually a unique shot Mj's probably never done.

MJ didn't do that because it was a travel

Lebron lifts his pivot foot (left foot) before the ball leaves his hand

Again, he lifts his pivot foot (the foot planted on the ground while the other foot jab steps) before the ball leaves his hands - that's a standard travel - he changed his pivot foot

Quote:

Along with

360 layup

MJ doesn't have any 360 shots because they're bad shots that reflect lack of good footwork

it's basically a clumsy shot where the player almost falls down like they were just spinning around the baseball bat

but this was better and legendary anyway, and Lebron has nothing like it.. and it required hangtime, not stumbling

Quote:
MJ's lack of deep step-backs is matched by lebron's lack of deep one-dribble pull-ups and overall inferiority in that area and skillset

Quote:
MJ doesn't have a turnaround fadeaway off the glass buzzer beater, but magic does, and it was luck just like bron's

Quote:

This may actually end up way on the side of Lebron if we add the 100s if not 1000s of passes he's done Mj didn't do

MJ averaged 33/8/8 for a season,11 apg in the Finals, and 30/9/11 for 24 games at PG, including 10 triple-doubles in 11 games... And thru first 3-peat, he averaged the same apg as lebron

Lebron's never achieved any of these passing-related milestones, let alone without spacing and hands-off defense

So I promise that MJ has all the passing variety of lebron and much more. You just haven't seen enough of him or need modern HD and angles to appreciate

i.e. notice the unexpectedness of passes when there was no spacing/clear lane, as seen here, and here... Lebron doesn't need the skill necessary for those passes because today's spacing allows for easier, more predictable passing

You should youtube MJ's 1991 Finals or his 24 game stretch at PG, which are superior passing to anything lebron has done

Quote:

or chase down blocks, or even jumping over a whole guy for an alley oop.

We're staying away from dunks itt, but MJ has tons of dunks and posters that lebron never had, like any dunk off 2 legs

And MJ had plenty chase-down blocks, some that lebron never had - he was an equal shot-blocker despite playing guard.. mj was basically pippen defensively with the goat offense - he stands alone 3-4 ppg above everyone in history:

All-time PPG leaders Playoffs:

Jordan... 33.5

Iverson... 29.7
West....... 29.1
Lebron.... 28.9
Durant.... 28.8
Baylor..... 27.3
Barry....... 27.1
Gervin..... 26.5
Curry....... 26.0
Hakeem.. 25.9

All-time PPG leaders Regular Season:

Jordan... 30.1
Wilt........ 30.0

Baylor..... 27.4
Lebron.... 27.2
Durant.... 27.1
West....... 27.0
Iverson... 26.7
Barry....... 26.4
Pettit....... 26.5
Oscar...... 25.7
Gervin..... 25.1

Quote:

So as i said Op can celebrate another successful thread of educating ISH in just how much Lebron could do on the court.

The only thing we don't have for MJ is the deep step back threes..

And he doesn't do travelling moves (changing pivot foot) or bad/clumsy basketball (360 layup)

Now let's list the things you confirmed lebron doesn't have:

deep one-dribble pull-up
ball-palming shot
left hand reverse off drop-step
switch-hands drop step
MJ-only left hand
MJ/Kobe-only reverse fadeaways here and here
FT line layup in half court set
hangtime mid-range jumpers

Keep in mind that lebron doesn't seem to have any one-dribble pull-ups going right, only left

Last edited by 3ball : 10-25-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:56 AM   #159
sdot_thadon
Local High School Star

Quote:

yeah i know it hurts buddy, it's the truth though.

Quote:
MJ didn't do that because it was a travel

Lebron lifts his pivot foot (left foot) before the ball leaves his hand

Again, he lifts his pivot foot (the foot planted on the ground while the other foot jab steps) before the ball leaves his hands - that's a standard travel - he changed his pivot foot
no Mj would never do that, he would just carry the ball every game according to the rules of his era. It was a real common gripe about him from the old era. You should remember that clearly being the Mj fan you claim to be.

Quote:
MJ doesn't have any 360 shots because they're bad shots that reflect lack of good footwork

it's basically a clumsy shot where the player almost falls down like they were just spinning around the baseball bat
wow, that's a really weird way of saying "no, Mj never did that shot and can't find proof."

Quote:
MJ doesn't have a turnaround fadeaway off the glass buzzer beater, but magic does, and it was luck just like bron's
wrong again pal, it was a designed situational play the cavs actually practiced. He actually took the same shot at least one other time in game but missed.

Yeah so with that, the entire premise you had in mind for this thread is ruined and you pretty much have shown anyone who didn't know how many little known moves the king has. Good job bro. At this rate you'll have done more for his legacy than kyrie and ray combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundmound
Lebron is not close to MJ offensively in terms of skill. MJ was a technician Lebron is more power but he travels alot compared to MJ. The rules allow so much traveling its not even funny anymore. There was some traveling in the 90s too but the last 20 years have been ambarrasing for refs not calling them. The 80s was the perfect blend of skill, athleticism, passing and real defense that did not help perimeter players much.
i doubt you'll find many with good sense say Lebron was more skilled than Mj as a scorer, that's never been the debate. It's just retarded for these type of threads to exist and be proven so pitifully wrong that they end up being a plus for lebron.

Last edited by sdot_thadon : 10-25-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:31 PM   #160
3ball
NBA Legend

Quote:

yeah i know it hurts buddy, it's the truth though.

We both asked for deep threes - you asked for deep step backs and I asked for deep one-dribble pull-ups

And asking for a lefty version of anything is standard - MJ has lefty and righty reverses off a drop-step, and lebron only righty

Those are the facts, no goal posts involved

Quote:

wow, that's a really weird way of saying "no, MJ never did a turnaround bank three-pointer buzzer beater and can't find proof."

You gotta give me credit

my one time avoiding/misdirecting (which I guess is like conceding the shot) is better than all 25 of yours

Quote:

wrong again pal, it was a designed situational play the cavs actually practiced. He actually took the same shot at least one other time in game but missed.

Who cares.

MJ had a goat-level turnaround and lebron's is nowhere near

Quote:

Yeah so with that, the entire premise you had in mind for this thread is ruined and you pretty much have shown anyone who didn't know how many little known moves the king has. Good job bro. At this rate you'll have done more for his legacy than kyrie and ray combined.

^^^ Yeah so I guess the bolded is your way of acting like you addressed my post, when you didn't.. I'm not impressed. You're running now

And btw, this thread compares their scoring ability - MJ's is far superior, so it's impossible for this thread premise to be proven wrong.. ..

thanks for playing tho!..

Quote:

i doubt you'll find many with good sense say Lebron was more skilled than Mj as a scorer, that's never been the debate.

It's just retarded for these type of threads to exist and be proven so pitifully wrong that they end up being a plus for lebron

Right, everyone knows MJ was the far more skilled scorer, which is why it's impossible to lose a thread like this, which compares their scoring ability..

And that's what has happened - I responded to the shots you posted - i.e. you have a travel, a lucky shot that Magic also hit, deep step-backs, and a clumsy stumble (360) to hang your hat on

whereas you couldn't find Lebron doing any deep one-dribble pull-up threes, ball-palming shots, left hand reverse off drop-steps, switch-hands drop step, MJ-only left hand, MJ/Kobe-only reverse fadeaways here and here, FT line layup in half court set, or hangtime mid-range jumpers

There's simply a lot more that Lebron can't do, hence him being a much worse scorer

Last edited by 3ball : 10-25-2018 at 03:17 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: