Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 04-20-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Default Playoffs

I am just curious, seeing how the Grizzlies aren't in the playoffs, what team are you all cheering for and why?

As you all know, I am cheering for the Raptors seeing how they are my favourite team and all lol, but what about you guys?
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:08 AM   #2
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

Default Re: Playoffs

East - Wizards - why? because I hate Lebron and am sick of ESPN / NBA / All media shoving him to my face. Sad because he's actually very good. Bad cause he's acting like he likes all the attention he's getting.

West - Utah - Same team I was cheering for last year. Also the Mavericks, just because of all the crap that happened to them the past 2 years.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Spurs and Raptors, the same 2 teams I cheered for in last years playoffs. I also want Wizards to beat Cleveland, because I can't stand anymore of the Lebron hype.

I also want Detroit to win the Eastern Conference, I won't be able to take it if Boston win the ECF and then possibly win the Finals.

I feel kind of wierd when it comes to the Lakers and Denver series, because I want Gasol to do well and go far, but at the same time I do not want the Lakers to get out of the first round.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:41 PM   #4
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Kebab, you should rock the "Air Rasho" avatars lol. You can become an honorary member of the Raps fam.

Outside of the Raptors, I am also rooting for Pheonix like every other year. I really want to see Nash win a ring while still playing at a high level and I think the window is starting to close. I also want to see the Sixers upset Detroit. That would be awsome to see. I watched game 1 and that was the 1st full Sixer game that I saw other then when they played the Raps and I must admit, I really enjoyed watching them.

I feel the same way that you do about the Gasol thing too. I would like to see him do great in the playoffs but at the same time I don't think that I will ever be happy to see a Laker team win. I just can't cheer for them. I want to see Pau dominate the series (much like game 1) but the Lakers still lose.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I wouldn't be too happy seeing a Philly upset, that would make a much easier path for the Celtics. Who wouldn't be as tired going into the Finals (assuming they make the Finals). I also want to see Detroit do well and make it to the ECF and give the Celtics a bigger challenge.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
berraco
Darko The Ripper

My heart is with the Suns in the West (those Barkley's days are unforgettable for me!), but also with L.A. because of Pau. I'm not really rooting for anybody in the East, but I will take the Raptors (spanish homerism)
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Boston and the lakers all the way. Go pau! I would love to those two play. They have a lot of star quality players it would be an exciting finals.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: