Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 12-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Default Tinsley out at least a week

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3173692

Quote:

Report: Hamstring injury to sideline Pacers' Tinsley at least a week

In the middle of one of the best seasons in his NBA career, Indiana guard Jamaal Tinsley will miss at least a week of action due to a left hamstring injury, according to a published report.

"Unfortunately, I have allowed him to play at less than his best over the last five games," Pacers coach Jim O'Brien told the Indianapolis Star. "To his credit, he wants to play, will play injured, but it's really hampering his ability to play at his best. ... If it takes seven-to-10 days to get that right, that's what we'll do."

Tinsley initially suffered the injury against the Miami Heat on Dec. 15. He missed a Dec. 19 game against Philadelphia but has played the last four contests.

Earlier this season Tinsley was involved in an early-morning shooting at a hotel in downtown Indianapolis that left Pacers equipment manager Joey Qatato with gunshot wounds to both elbows.

For the season, Tinsley is averaging 13.8 points and 8.7 assists, a career high.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Well, here's Diener's minutes, jbot.:)

The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Default Re: Tinsley out at least a week

How long will he miss with the court thing? And when is it?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #3
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3173692

Well, here's Diener's minutes, jbot.:)

well, i didn't want diener to get his PT under these circumstances. this is a pity, tinsley has been having a phenomenal year so far and has been healthy until of late. i wish him a speed recovery.

now play diener, o'brien! quit playing owens.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:54 AM   #4
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

Yeah I heard a while ago he was having problems with that hamstring. Hopefully he can have a safe & speedy recovery. JT was having a damn good year.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:23 AM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
Yeah I heard a while ago he was having problems with that hamstring. Hopefully he can have a safe & speedy recovery. JT was having a damn good year.

no kidding. he was definitely on a roll. he has gotten injured repeatedly in the past so this doesn't surprise me.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #6
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

I'm not sure who I'd take on the Diener v. Owens debate. Diener had the entire pre-season and a couple of games early on to prove he required minutes. I'm not so sure he really stepped up to the task. He's only shooting 30% from behind the arc, and that's what his bread and butter is. I don't think he could get as many assists as Tinsley or Ownes either. We'll see about the game today. He'll probably get some decent minutes. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
I'm not sure who I'd take on the Diener v. Owens debate. Diener had the entire pre-season and a couple of games early on to prove he required minutes. I'm not so sure he really stepped up to the task. He's only shooting 30% from behind the arc, and that's what his bread and butter is. I don't think he could get as many assists as Tinsley or Ownes either. We'll see about the game today. He'll probably get some decent minutes. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

hmmm. well, i'd say he's definitely a shoot 1st guard. not sure about owens as i've only seen him play 2x and he's usually too busy trying to draw fouls.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: