Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #16
takeittothehoop
ISH Lurker

Default Re: which player is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas?

Jordy Nelson or Victor Cruz? PUSH

Nnamdi Asomugha or Jonathan Joseph?

Tim Tebow or Sam Bradford?

Ben Roethlisberger or Eli Manning?

Michael Vick or Cam Newton?

DeMarco Murray or Mark Ingram?

Joe Thomas or Jake Long? PUSH

Jared Allen or Justin Smith?

DeMarcus Ware or Terrell Suggs?

Ray Rice or Maurice Jones-Drew?

Steven Jackson or Marshawn Lynch?

Jay Ratliff or Ndamukong Suh? WTF

Champ Bailey or Charles Woodson?

Arian Foster or Matt Forte?

Darrius Heyward-Bey or Michael Crabtree?

who you got?
takeittothehoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:21 AM   #17
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
I agree with everything except Forte. I think Foster is a product of that offensive line.....

What magazine did you get that opinion out of? Or should I say what body part? Does the O-Line help him cut and break tackles in the open field? Forte is great no doubt but he has a major hole in his game the other top backs don't, he sucks on the goal line and got pulled out for Barber most of this year, who was much more successful there than Forte had been in his career. It's just obnoxious that Foster gets blasted for his O-line but don't hear about Rice playing behind a damn good one as well or McCoy boosted by having a running QB (as was CJ1K in the past).
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:20 AM   #18
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
Jay Ratliff was better than Suh this year, at least the probowl voters thought so

I understand that Suh's rookie year was ridiculous though

anyway, I picked Jay cause he is 3-tech type DTs that pressures the QB like Suh, not cause he is a Cowboy.

comparing Wilfork to Suh would be bad, as he is run stuffer...they are very different type DTs...you see?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:24 AM   #19
StateOfMind12
Banned

What is this based on? Just this season or just who I think is usually or overall better?
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:50 AM   #20
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
-Jake Long gets no love, guy takes care of his man just like Joe does
The biggest difference and what puts Joe Thomas at the top is just who he is protecting his quarterback from. Cleveland plays in the AFC North while Miami plays in the AFC East.

Nearly half of the Browns' games are against the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals.

He has to face arguably the two toughest defensive franchises, year-in and year-out, four times every season (Ravens and Steelers) and he still totally dominates.

There are no off weeks when you play in the AFC North. All four defenses were rated in the Top 10 in the league this season, including the Browns. There is a reason that Thomas has been to five straight Pro Bowls and he has been named a first team All Pro each of the last three seasons. It isn't just about his dominance. It is also about who he is dominating.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #21
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
What magazine did you get that opinion out of? Or should I say what body part? Does the O-Line help him cut and break tackles in the open field? Forte is great no doubt but he has a major hole in his game the other top backs don't, he sucks on the goal line and got pulled out for Barber most of this year, who was much more successful there than Forte had been in his career. It's just obnoxious that Foster gets blasted for his O-line but don't hear about Rice playing behind a damn good one as well or McCoy boosted by having a running QB (as was CJ1K in the past).
I'm also getting sick of the "Foster is a product of his line" garbage. Anyone who says this clearly has not seen him play. I'm a bears fan and I would absolutely take Foster over Forte. That run along the sidelines on Saturday for a touchdown...
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #22
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas? Both are often injured and are inconsistent. But Bryant has had the more skilled QB throwing him the ball compared to Thomas.

Jordy Nelson

Jonathan Joseph

Tim Tebow

Ben Roethlisberger

Michael Vick

DeMarco Murray or Mark Ingram? Not real fair question. Ingram is in a very unique offense that won't give him the opportunities to show how talented he is. Just look at Reggie in Miami this year.

Joe Thomas

Jared Allen

Terrell Suggs

Maurice Jones-Drew

Steven Jackson

Ndamukong Suh

Champ Bailey

Matt Forte

Michael Crabtree
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:13 AM   #23
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Bryant

Cruz

Asomugha

Bradford

Roethlisberger

Too early to tell

Too early to tell

Thomas

Allen

Ware

MJD

Lynch

Obviously Suh

Woodson

Forte

DHB
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
-Nnamdi can't play zone

He can play zone, he's just not great at it. To say he cant play zone is inaccurate.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #25
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
What is this based on? Just this season or just who I think is usually or overall better?
just who is better currently...like if you had to take one RIGHT NOW for one year who would it be?
Old 01-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
The biggest difference and what puts Joe Thomas at the top is just who he is protecting his quarterback from. Cleveland plays in the AFC North while Miami plays in the AFC East.

Nearly half of the Browns' games are against the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals.

He has to face arguably the two toughest defensive franchises, year-in and year-out, four times every season (Ravens and Steelers) and he still totally dominates.

There are no off weeks when you play in the AFC North. All four defenses were rated in the Top 10 in the league this season, including the Browns. There is a reason that Thomas has been to five straight Pro Bowls and he has been named a first team All Pro each of the last three seasons. It isn't just about his dominance. It is also about who he is dominating.
not Jake's fault but I suppose it does make Joe a little more proven...

Jake did face Ware this year though...but that is just one game I know
Old 01-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #27
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Jordy Nelson or Victor Cruz?

Joe Thomas or Jake Long?

Jay Ratliff or Ndamukong Suh?

I'm Ron Burgundy??
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #28
StateOfMind12
Banned

Demaryius Thomas over Dez Bryant - I'll take him over Dez simply because he is the smarter player and has the less skilled throwing QB throwing him the ball and he still continues to produce.

Jordy Nelson - Victor Cruz - This is a Push, literally impossible to pick one of the two. It is just a matter of preference. I would probably take Nelson out of bias but there is a good case for Cruz as well.

Jonathan Joseph - Nnamdi Asomugha - I say it is a push, but it is a tough choice.

Tim Tebow over Sam Bradford - I'll take Tebow over Bradford even though Tebow has inferior passing skills than Bradford. Tebow is the better decision maker than Bradford which is the real reason why I take him over Bradford, not because of the Tebow just wins bullcrap. I obviously like the fact that Tebow can rush and run for yards as well while Bradford can't.

Eli Manning over Ben Roethlisberger - Part of it is bias because I hate Ben but I just think Eli is the better QB. I personally think Ben has had a better WR unit to throw it to and always has. That is odd since Eli is the more productive one now a days.

Mike Vick over Cam Newton - At least for now. Cam Newton definitely has the potential to surpass Vick and he probably will in a few seasons but right now Vick is the better player of the two.

DeMarco Murray over Mark Ingram - Murray was a stud before he got injured last season. Mark Ingram is no slouch but he is no DeMarco Murray either. Murray's YPC is Jamaal Charles-esque.

Joe Thomas - Jake Long - Push, I would love to have either one of these guys at Tackle on my team.

Jared Allen - Justin Smith - Push again, this is mainly because they play in different systems. I am not sure if Smith would be as effective in the Vikings and I am not sure if Allen would be as effective in the 49ers. I would love to have either on my team.

DeMarcus Ware over Terrell Suggs - Ware is the first defensive guy I am taking to build a team around. Suggs is a beast but he is no DeMarcus Ware.

Maurice Jones-Drew over Ray Rice - This is an easy choice. MJD is just flat out better at everything except receiving, and last I check these two guys are running backs not Wide receivers.

Steven Jackson over Marshawn Lynch - I prefer Jackson's versatility over Lynch's. Lynch might be a better rusher than Jackson though but Lynch is kind of one-dimensional. This is not the case in the Rice-MJD debate because MJD is pretty versatile as well.

Ndamukong Suh over Jay Ratliff - This should be obvious, really. Suh is the better pass rusher and a more dominant force than Ratliff. Ratliff is a beast himself, no doubt and I would love for him to be in nose-tackle but if I had a chance to take Suh over him I would.

Champ Bailey - Charles Woodson - Push, Bailey is the better coverage player but Woodson is the better playmaker. Bailey is no Revis at coverage which is why it isn't a no brainer. It is just a matter of preference.

Matt Forte over Arian Foster - Matt Forte has some crappy o-line where Arian Foster has the best o-line in the game and they are producing at similar rates. That should say something. Forte also controls the ball better than Foster. They play similar games and bring similar traits/values but Forte is just better at Foster at everything.

Michael Crabtree over Darrius Heyward-Bey - Crabtree is the more reliable WR of the two IMO. Heyward-Bey finished with more yards than Crabtree but the Raiders also don't have as many options on their team like the 49ers do. It is kind of a matter of preference and I would understand if one were to take Heyward-Bey.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:16 AM   #29
HB40TheNextStar
More like Matt Boner

Quote:

Jordy Nelson or Victor Cruz?

Joe Thomas or Jake Long?

Jay Ratliff or Ndamukong Suh?

Some of these aren't even close like Woodson over Bailey and Crabtree (who isn't even very good) over Bey.
HB40TheNextStar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: