Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron just lost major points in my book (and got owned).

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    ok well they don't really costs $1.25 to make....that is just the cost of labor

you have to add in the cost of design (millions)
    materials
    shipping
    ect.

I am sure it ends up to be close to $20
    sorry just reread what I typed.....screw up I'll fix it.

Btw it only cost Nike $5 to make a $180 shoe

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lorma.../nike101-4.htm

not exactly high quality.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 03-29-2007 at 07:33 PM.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
    No, the materials are below $5, the shipping is low since they are transported in large bulk amounts. ANd what is "etc"? Couldn't think of anything else, so you just put "etc"? It all comes out to less than $10.
    lebron's money
    advertising
    the fu-cking janitor that cleans up the left over leather...I don't know

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
    You say "all the reviews" when you posted one link dumbass. I bet I could find tons of links saying that Nike makes crap shoes too.

And stop using cars as a comparison. The price and publicity comparision doesn't work on other things. I'll use gum as an example. You could buy Stride for $1.50 or SHopRite gum for $.75. In the end, its ****ing gum. Same thing here, in the end, they're still shoes. I'd like scientific proof that Nike is any better than Starbury, not some clown with an internet connection and a blog that you found on google.
    like i said earlier...find me "one dumbass review" that says Starburys are good quality....better than the Lebrons

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    sorry just reread what I typed.....screw up I'll fix it.

Btw it only cost Nike $5 to make a $180 shoe

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lorma.../nike101-4.htm

not exactly high quality.
    but still higher quality than the Starburys...

-primetime-

another review

http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_...ry_one_re.html

...the tongue of the shoes looks like it's held in by cheap medical gauze. The leather is extremely thin, which means that the sole actually slips around when you walk. And the insole almost fell out when I pulled out the paper that they stuff into the shoe so it holds its shape.

shhhhhhh

From 2002:

For every pair of Nike shoes, the sum of wages workers from all the three sectors receive is less than 80 cents. Besides these three sectors, other parts required for a pair of Nike shoes include, big soles, middle soles, leather, and other half-made products. This work is sometimes contracted out to other factories. For example, in 1997, YueYuen Shoes factory's middle sole production was temporarily subcontracted to Yongxin Shoes Factory, Dingshan Management District in Houjie Town. Lifeng Trade Mark Manufacturing Company, Sanyuan Management District, Dongguan.

Leather were processed by Weida Leather Factory in Hongmei Town of Dongguan, which is appointed especially to handle leather for Nike shoes by Nike. Raw material processing is given to Jiali Shoes Material Factory, Houjie Town, Dongguan. Adding all these up, on average, Nike pays less than USD$1 for producing one pair of Nike shoes to China's worker, less than USD$1.5 for Jordan Series.
    http://www.chinalaborwatch.org/reports/021025nike.htm

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

but still higher quality than the Starburys...
    I don't care about marbury's shoes............I said Nike's are a piece of crap and its a complete joke that LeBron thinks his company holds themselves to a higher standard, when the people that makes "his" shoes are starving in another country.

Banned

another review

http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_...ry_one_re.html

...the tongue of the shoes looks like it's held in by cheap medical gauze. The leather is extremely thin, which means that the sole actually slips around when you walk. And the insole almost fell out when I pulled out the paper that they stuff into the shoe so it holds its shape.
    You are actually taking a review of a guy who says stuff like this seriously???

I got the All-Black Starbury's hoping they'd look like anyone else's shoe should these sneaks become a joke. That way from a distance no one will know I have them on.

If you're embarassed by the shoes you wear, you're either an idiot or in grade 5. Either way, exactly the kind of person those Nike ads are aimed at.

Serious playground baller mid80sjordan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    got'm

people just don't want to believe they actully get ripped off that much. if you wanted to review a nike shoe and make it negative, you could do it in a heartbeat.

i've had nike shoes that my foot busted out of while playing football(from cutting). and they were maybe 3 weeks old. high quality s hit right there

-primetime-

what's funny is that one day I bet the Starburys will be a complete joke at a basketball court...escpecially in high schools, I bet kids will get completely flamed for wearing them...

I appreciate what Marbury is trying to do here and this is the first time I have even heard of Starbury shoes but if you guys think that his shoes are going to over throw Nike or something because they are the same quality then you are wrong...

If Nike shoes cost 5 cents to make then the Starburys cost 1 cent...

if marbury wins he will have created a shoe that actually lasts longer than one game...and it doesn't look that way...what is the piont of a poor person saving money on a shoe that falls apart after 3 games of hoops?

what's funny is that one day I bet the Starburys will be a complete joke at a basketball court...escpecially in high schools, I bet kids will get completely flamed for wearing them...

I appreciate what Marbury is trying to do here and this is the first time I have even heard of Starbury shoes but if you guys think that his shoes are going to over throw Nike or something because they are the same quality then you are wrong...

If Nike shoes cost 5 cents to make then the Starburys cost 1 cent...

if marbury wins he will have created a shoe that actually lasts longer than one game...and it doesn't look that way...what is the piont of a poor person saving money on a shoe that falls apart after 3 games of hoops?
    just give it up man. you are obviously wrong. accept it

you are obviously in high school if you are worried about that stuff up there^^^

people have more important things to worry about in real life

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
    You are actually taking a review of a guy who says stuff like this seriously???

I got the All-Black Starbury's hoping they'd look like anyone else's shoe should these sneaks become a joke. That way from a distance no one will know I have them on.

If you're embarassed by the shoes you wear, you're either an idiot or in grade 5. Either way, exactly the kind of person those Nike ads are aimed at.
    I could only find 2 reviews...both of them ripping the Starburys in half...I guess they need more time for people to digest...

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    I don't care about marbury's shoes............I said Nike's are a piece of crap and its a complete joke that LeBron thinks his company holds themselves to a higher standard, when the people that makes "his" shoes are starving in another country.
    your right and lebron knows full well that the nikes lebron, tiger, kobe, or whoever wears are built in beaverton oregon by hand... these guys don't wear the shoes we buy...

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by mid80sjordan
    just give it up man. you are obviously wrong. accept it

you are obviously in high school if you are worried about that stuff up there^^^

people have more important things to worry about in real life
    I am not worried about it...Nike and Marbury are

high schoolers and kids are what determines if a shoe fails or not...not 60 year olds

and what am I wrong about exactly?

I am not worried about it...Nike and Marbury are

high schoolers and kids are what determines if a shoe fails or not...not 60 year olds
    marbury is obviously not worried about it. what do you mean?

i dont think he's trying to take over the shoe game.