Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Odom to leave Mavs, sit out remainder of season

shoulda stayed w/ the lakers

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I would be pissed, as would Kupchak and Buss, but neither of them would have publicly called out Lamar and questioned his commitment and desire to help the team.

even if he left the team saying his father was sick, and his father only had a stomach virus? whre he's on TMZ a day later saying he's fine? you don't think Lakers management would have had a issue with that? even the Mav's swept that under the rug and didn't make a big issue of it.

i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure the Odom sulking and being butthurt about being traded from the Lakers came first, then his poor play and lack of effort so Mav's fans/players/coaches say(i didn't watch him), then they called him out i believe. i don't get how its not all on Odom, other than how Cuban is handling the punishment all wrong....

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    even if he left the team saying his father was sick, and his father only had a stomach virus? whre he's on TMZ a day later saying he's fine? you don't think Lakers management would have had a issue with that? even the Mav's swept that under the rug and didn't make a big issue of it.

i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure the Odom sulking and being butthurt about being traded from the Lakers came first, then his poor play and lack of effort so Mav's fans/players/coaches say(i didn't watch him), then they called him out i believe. i don't get how its not all on Odom, other than how Cuban is handling the punishment all wrong....
    I'm not sure what was wrong with his father or whether there was anything wrong with him to begin with, but I wouldn't take Odom's word for it. Stuff like that is a private matter and should stay in house. Whatever it was, I'm sure he had a good reason to ask for a leave of absence, as he has never asked for that type of treatment before.

Of course Dallas has the right to call him out for his questionable attitude, but they don't have to make it public. They should have talked to him privately and told him to be more professional. Like it or not, Odom has showed up to work and played. Maybe he hasn't played well, maybe his demeanor hasn't been the best, but he has, for the most part, fulfilled his obligation to the Mavericks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Complelty unprofessional on his part, but he was always one who needed coddling.

Bet you Pat Riley goes after for a 3rd time this summer though.
    The bolded is so true. If there was one thing that Phil did well was manage Odom very well. He rarely called out Odom for his inconsistencies and instead focused on the positive with him.It got him to play his most consistent years during the lakers runs. Even when he made him the sixth man he had Odom focus on the positives of it and how he could win 6MOY.

Too much Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    shoulda stayed w/ the lakers
    yes. Lamar had that option.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    He is the one that requested the trade after the botched CP3 deal.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I'm not sure what was wrong with his father or whether there was anything wrong with him to begin with, but I wouldn't take Odom's word for it. Stuff like that is a private matter and should stay in house. Whatever it was, I'm sure he had a good reason to ask for a leave of absence, as he has never asked for that type of treatment before.

Of course Dallas has the right to call him out for his questionable attitude, but they don't have to make it public. They should have talked to him privately and told him to be more professional. Like it or not, Odom has showed up to work and played. Maybe he hasn't played well, maybe his demeanor hasn't been the best, but he has, for the most part, fulfilled his obligation to the Mavericks.

you should know the facts before you defend him then. Odom took a leave of absence to be with his 'sick father', which was the story the Mav's had and they let him go....

a few days later TMZ puts up a video of Odom's father talking about how he's fine, and how all he had was a stomach virus.

Odom even showed back up to the Mav's later than he was supposed to, where they weren't happy about that either.

these are facts btw, you can't refute the official reason for Odom leaving the Mav's at that time since its in articles, and you can't refute the Odom father interview since its dated and he's speaking directly to the camera.

yeah he's played with half effort, uninspired and depressed....to say you'd be fine with that if it happened to the Lakers? no way you would

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Too much Drake.

Poor showing Lamar. He's chosen reality TV over Basketball. A complete slap in the face to the Mavs organization, and NBA fans all around the World.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    you should know the facts before you defend him then. Odom took a leave of absence to be with his 'sick father', which was the story the Mav's had and they let him go....

a few days later TMZ puts up a video of Odom's father talking about how he's fine, and how all he had was a stomach virus.

Odom even showed back up to the Mav's later than he was supposed to, where they weren't happy about that either.

these are facts btw, you can't refute the official reason for Odom leaving the Mav's at that time since its in articles, and you can't refute the Odom father interview since its dated and he's speaking directly to the camera.

yeah he's played with half effort, uninspired and depressed....to say you'd be fine with that if it happened to the Lakers? no way you would
    Did you not read the part where I said you SHOULDN'T take his word for it because it's a personal matter? You should learn to read.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Poor showing Lamar. He's chosen reality TV over Basketball. A complete slap in the face to the Mavs organization, and NBA fans all around the World.
    Gotta admit it would be some funny as shit if Lamar returns to the Lakers next season and balls like he can. All for the Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    The CP3 deal went south. After they "tried" to trade him he talked with management and it was his choice on wanting to be traded because he felt "hurt" by them.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

He was a **drain** on the team.

He was like a friend you hang around that would constantly mope, b*tch, complain. It might not get to you at first but after awhile it wears on you and it brings you down big time.

That is what Lamar was doing to the Mavs. He was a constant anchor to the Mavs trying to move forward.

(In fact there were several times that Lamar would tell a teammate in the lockerroom: "I can't believe who yall have to play. That's right, he didn't ever say "we" when refering to the Mavs. He would say "they.")

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    The CP3 deal went south. After they "tried" to trade him he talked with management and it was his choice on wanting to be traded because he felt "hurt" by them.
    Which was the most ridiculous thing ever, by the way. Who gets butthurt that you're traded for ****ing chris paul? He should of been proud that his value is that freaking high. He and pau would only be traded to get back one of the 3 best pgs in the game. Cmon now.

There was no reason for him to request that trade.. screwed himself over and the lakers.. although I believe the lakers might have traded him and pau for rondo and bass, that was going to be an option.....