Page 133 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3383123130131132133134135136143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

There's a lot of defense that is just about effort. For Ingram to be giving that kind of effort says a lot about where he's headed. He's going to put in the work. Rookies don't really have super high IQ's. It takes them a few years to really learn the game. In a few years he's going to be a very nice player. The Lakers are finally headed in the right direction, although it sucks that they won't have another first round pick this year. That would have helped speed things up more.

Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Not just the efforts but also his basketball IQ and instincts. The KD comparisons were really unfair esp when doubters are already saying he is a "failure".
    I would be ecstatic if he can be a poor man's Scottie Pippen, with a better perimeter shot.
    btw Where the hell is everybody?
    I know life can be busy but man, All of us are always busy..since Shaq days...
    Are they just Kobe fans or what? Lakers just managed to win a game where they shot poorly and made a ton of turnovers, against a decent team on the road. Yes, the Bulls also had a bad game but they had 3 solid vets while the Lakers were full of young guns.
    True.

What do you mean by everybody? The posters during post-Dwightmare were a part of a group called 'BTE' in the 'Off the Court' forum, so & so happened & they decided to create their own forum this year. DMV was one of them, he used to post here. Bosnian & AirTupac are fighting semi-trolling in the NBA forum. I know where gts posts. Lakerfreak just started posting again.

NBA lottery pick

He's right though, the forum has been slow.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    He's right though, the forum has been slow.
    oh hi DD, nice of you to drop by.
    How have you been? Have you seen other regulars lately?
    crisoner, bladfd etc?
    What do you think are the main reasons why this board has been slow.
    Can't whine about the coach? no more Kobe?
    Can't complain about Jimmy Buss? Players persona are too boring?
    What the hell is it?

NBA lottery pick

I honestly have no clue. I think this team is a pretty good watch. We have a lot to be excited about. I think it's fun to watch the growth of a young team. To a certain extent at least. There comes a point where it plateaus if they aren't really in the mix at some point, but we aren't close to that with this core yet. For me I've been busy with a different schedule so it's affected my posting. I'm not sure what happened to the others.

Home of the 16

Yes, it has been really slow. I think forums in general are starting to slowly die down a bit seeing how active Twitter has become. But the thing is, I can't discuss basketball-related topics with Twitter users knowing the majority of these people are your average casual fans. It's the ones who are in forums that are more knowledgeable about the game, I believe. Twitter has become this basketball discussion central for everyone. Hell, I live tweet, tweet a couple of things to knowledgeable people that I know on Twitter, but that's it. If Twitter removes their character limitation & adds like a forum function type, that might be our new ISH.

& If we're really going to talk about the state of this forum, then I'm going to say that I really enjoy it here, it's just too bad that ISH is also dying as well, and it has been for a couple of years now. I don't really mind it dying since it's really out of my hands & as long as the regulars are here, then I'll keep it on posting.

Crisoner is "semi-retired" still , I think I saw him post this offseason, & as for Blade he's probably busy as well. But, hey, people will always come around. We had a new member here btw, but no one seemed to respond to his posts. I don't know if he left this forum or is on hiatus.

Idk, enjoy fellas. It will be one interesting season. Holy shit. I actually can't wait to watch 82 games, I still have yet to miss a game this season, the goal is to watch all 82, which I have never done before

ISH-Laker forum for life. Since 2007.

Btw, Kkinchen is here as well.

Home of the 16

Guys, the rumor of Phil joining the Lakers is back again. No disrespect, but the Lakers are finally on the right path now, who knows what type of experiment he'll end up doing with the roster. Seems like Phil's a mess without Mitch in terms managing a team. NY has a bright future in Porzingis, but Phil seems to not know how to build around him & Melo (though, the D-Rose signing was good).

Just....what's Phil doing with that roster? I'm totally confused.

NBA lottery pick

Phil needs to get over the triangle. That's his main issue. He's pretty good at the rest of the stuff. He just needs to let his coach have his own system. There's not really a guy in the NBA right now you can build the triangle around. Not to mention mid range jumpers just aren't the trend anymore.

Home of the 16

Rebound rate is all facade. They really need to address their major problem now. No doubt the injuries held them down, shifted the momentum, but even beforehand, the lack of length is starting to eat up this team. Lack of length led to more offensive rebounds by the opposing team even before the injuries. ****. Last 3-6 games have been horrendous in crunch times. They don't ensure to have a proper play, they settle to draw a foul & it's frustrating to see them throwing a game that way.

-Lack of length
    -Defense is horrible
    -Rebounding ability
    -Poor decision making in crunch times

Honorable mention: Teams are starting to figure out their dribble hand off plays. D'Lo needs to come off screens more often. I just wish D'Lo's off the minute restriction soon. We need D'Lo back, figuratively.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Rebound rate is all facade. They really need to address their major problem now. No doubt the injuries held them down, shifted the momentum, but even beforehand, the lack of length is starting to eat up this team. Lack of length led to more offensive rebounds by the opposing team even before the injuries. ****. Last 3-6 games have been horrendous in crunch times. They don't ensure to have a proper play, they settle to draw a foul & it's frustrating to see them throwing a game that way.

-Lack of length
    -Defense is horrible
    -Rebounding ability
    -Poor decision making in crunch times

Honorable mention: Teams are starting to figure out their dribble hand off plays. D'Lo needs to come off screens more often. I just wish D'Lo's off the minute restriction soon. We need D'Lo back, figuratively.
    All good and valid points except your point about lack of length bec it's not like they lost their bigs esp Mozgov to injuries. When they lost Russell, Luke actually replaced the 6-4 PG with the elongated 6-10 Ingram.
    I would like to actually see Thomas Robinson more bec of his hustle plays and I am not sure why they have chosen to pay a ton of money to Mozgov ( I can't believe Luke didn't ok this) and he is averaging like 22 mins per game.
    It was a very tough loss last night, Yes I think other teams have adjusted well against the Lakers and I am not sure they are handling these adjustments well. Defense is horrendous and their offense relies too much on perimeter play. I wish they would pound the ball inside more.

NBA lottery pick

Robinson actually put up huge numbers at the end of last season when he had a chance in Brooklyn. I'd like to see a bit more of him too.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Playoff Rotation

Russell/Young/Deng/Randle/Mozgov
    Williams/Clarkson/Ingram/Metta/Zubac

Home of the 16

The more I watch them play, the more they look like just bonafide role players (excluding BI), which is really a shame to admit since they looked so good the first 10 games of this season. Another unpopular opinion, of all players, D'Lo's struggling under Luke's system. Though, he looked so good during the preseason & the first few games before suffering from an injury. But as with that, he hasn't been himself. Yes, he might have good & bad days, but he has been looking so generic under this system.

I don't know what it is, last season, it showed that he excels very well when coming off screens for a catch & shoot -- I rarely ever see him do that. Post play/action, PNR, being creative with the ball after a PNR action -- none.

You might have a stat sheet to bring up to say otherwise & I might be just a frustrated fan, but these claims have foundations, it exists for a reason.

Thank god he's still 21.

NBA lottery pick

I saw these rumors today. Well they're not really rumors, just a writer throwing some ideas out there. Some aren't too bad.

http://www.lakersnation.com/five-tra...ne/2017/02/09/

I was rather excited that Luke spoke with Larry Sanders, he would be a great running mate for the youngsters as a rim protector and rebounder.

Obviously we have the issue of Mozgod and what to do with that contract, not to mention Tarik playing so well and the development of Zubac, but I for one would love to see Larry here.