Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Williams to Sacramento

wolves need decent spot up shooter. moute is an elite defensive player which in this wolves roster makes sense. couse 85% of the team doesn't give a shit abouut D

Quote Originally Posted by cuad
    Luc played most of his career at PF, moran.
    And is largely meh at it since he's not a great rebounder, or finisher anywhere.

You need a stretch 4 to cover his deficiencies on O. While the Twolves have that, I don't think I want Love shooting jumpshots all day.

They should at least have tried to get Chuck Hayes or Jason Thompson

Default Re: Wolves have traded Derrick Williams to Kings for Luc Mbah a Moute

Trade became official this morning

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Trade became official this morning
    This is great news for Wolves. Having a solid defender on the court will make a huge difference for their bench which is 90% porous at all times.

Also allows Adleman to rotate Love & Pekovic with some kind of comfort; he's been forced into keeping one or the other of them on the court through the whole game due to Turiaf injury.

Bench looking like Barea/Budinger/Turiaf/ Moute could be real good. I would not be surprised if this helps Alexey Shved as well. If it does not... I predict he will be next to go.

People expecting great things from Wolves based on their starting 5.... they don't understand how bad the bench is. To me this is a season for building them into a powerful team for years forward. I just wish Adleman was staying on but I doubt it. Dude is 67 y.o.

edit ~ downside is.......... D Williams & Cousins are likely to scorch a lot of teams

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cuad
    Luc played most of his career at PF, moran.
    The word is moron, moron.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    This is great news for Wolves. Having a solid defender on the court will make a huge difference for their bench which is 90% porous at all times.

Also allows Adleman to rotate Love & Pekovic with some kind of comfort; he's been forced into keeping one or the other of them on the court through the whole game due to Turiaf injury.

Bench looking like Barea/Budinger/Turiaf/ Moute could be real good. I would not be surprised if this helps Alexey Shved as well. If it does not... I predict he will be next to go.
    Agree with this, what people are missing about Luke as well is that he FITS the Adleman system and he know's how to play with Kevin Love. He's excellent moving off the ball and when left wide open his mid range shot is money. A high IQ, tough player is exactly what the Wolves needed and he can guard all 5 positions. As a interior passer he's not bad at all either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    The word is moron, moron.
    Is this your first day on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    from his join date it looks like he went through the rocketsgreatness shambles.
    Last edited by La Frescobaldi; 11-26-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Agree with this, what people are missing about Luke as well is that he FITS the Adleman system and he know's how to play with Kevin Love. He's excellent moving off the ball and when left wide open his mid range shot is money. A high IQ, tough player is exactly what the Wolves needed and he can guard all 5 positions. As a interior passer he's not bad at all either.
    With Dante Cunningham & his great minutes man Wolves just started looking lots better

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Goodness, LUC MBAH FCKING MOUTE? Presti should've jumped all over this. Could have gave up a combination of Thabeet and Roberson or some shit like that. Dude would've thrived alongside Russ and KD.
    Luc is a great versatile defender that can rebound. Thabeet and Roberson can give you 10 fouls in 20 mins

Quote Originally Posted by moe94

Chocolatethunder is older than both of your parents. The guy is in his late 50's or early 60's.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I don't think he can effectively play the 3. Suspect handles and too slow to defend the quick wing players.
    which is why I @ this trade for the Kings. They give up their best defender, hands down, who can defend 4 positions (arguably all 5?) for a solid scoring odd-sized SF? I thought Malone loved defense? Kings don't need to roll the dice another scorer, as they currently are w/ McLemore. They need defense and rebounding. Jesus f*ck I think I lost faith in D'Alessandro after this. This trade may look good on paper for the Kings, but if you watch them, Prince Luc was one of their most important players. Williams will just be some other player on the roster now as some SF/PF tweener who isn't the elite scorer, spot-up shooter, or shot-blocker they need and cant defend like Prince Luc.

I mean, I wish Williams success obviously. But I just don't see it improving the Kings. Stupid trade for the Kings. Seems great for TWolves. Offload their "bust" and get an elite defender that any Adelman team needs.

And speaking of D'Alessandro, did he just hint here that this wasn't even a basketball move?
    You have to think about we have new things about to come – new arenas, new things...And in the big picture, what is the right fit for the Sacramento Kings? And we’ve (taken) another step in that direction there.
    http://cowbellkingdom.com/2013/11/26...rick-williams/
    was this seriously a move just to sell tickets? I don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    The Kings need a shooter to help space the floor.
    Steve Novak to Sacramento for Travis Outlaw. Similar contracts.
    This'd be a great deal for the Kings. Outlaw has been surprisingly impressive this season, but yes, Kings need a shooter bad, especially now w/ Thornton benched.
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 11-26-2013 at 09:49 PM.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    Williams will just be some other player on the roster now as some SF/PF tweener who isn't the elite scorer, spot-up shooter, or shot-blocker they need and cant defend like Prince Luc.

I mean, I wish Williams success obviously. But I just don't see it improving the Kings. Stupid trade for the Kings. Seems great for TWolves. Offload their "bust" and get an elite defender that any Adelman team needs.
    I look at it a bit different we got a guy who we hope can start @ the 3 and a guy who can do everything Patterson does @ the 4 in one player meaning we probably won't resign Patterson next year and could look to trade him, we also got a guy on a two year deal rather than a 4 year deal and he's a former #2 pick who is not a headcase and has zero injury concerns while Luke did have knee issues and needs time to play which is what we can give him. If Jared Dudley can be solid on D @SF there is zero reason Williams can't plus other than shooting Dudley does not have the skills or athletic ability of Williams either which is why I think he can play SF.

This move further makes me question the Landry signing, I love what LRMAM brang to the team but in our position you have to take low risk, high reward rather than low risk medium reward.

The fact we got a former #2 pick for 2 2nd round draft picks is not bad at all. Apprently we are not done making trades either so maybe this was a deal to offload the surplus PF's we have next.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 11-26-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    I look at it a bit different we got a guy who we hope can start @ the 3 and a guy who can do everything Patterson does @ the 4 in one player meaning we probably won't resign Patterson next year and could look to trade him, we also got a guy on a two year deal rather than a 4 year deal and he's a former #2 pick who is not a headcase and has zero injury concerns while Luke did have knee issues and needs time to play which is what we can give him.

This move further makes me question the Landry signing, I love what LRMAM brang to the team but in our position you have to take low risk, high reward rather than low risk medium reward.

The fact we got a former #2 pick for 2 2nd round draft picks is not bad at all.
    but Williams cant shoot like 2Pat. Not sure of his rebounding ability (really, I don't know how good of a rebounder Williams is). He's more athletic than 2Pat, but he isn the same shooter.

And I don't care about where they were picked. Imagine this trade:
    Hasheem Thabeet for Paul Millsap and Marc Gasol.

That's a #2 overall for 2 2nd rnders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    which is why I @ this trade for the Kings. They give up their best defender, hands down, who can defend 4 positions (arguably all 5?) for a solid scoring odd-sized SF? I thought Malone loved defense? Kings don't need to roll the dice another scorer, as they currently are w/ McLemore. They need defense and rebounding. Jesus f*ck I think I lost faith in D'Alessandro after this. This trade may look good on paper for the Kings, but if you watch them, Prince Luc was one of their most important players. Williams will just be some other player on the roster now as some SF/PF tweener who isn't the elite scorer, spot-up shooter, or shot-blocker they need and cant defend like Prince Luc.

And speaking of D'Alessandro, did he just hint here that this wasn't even a basketball move?

http://cowbellkingdom.com/2013/11/26...rick-williams/
    was this seriously a move just to sell tickets? I don't get it...

This'd be a great deal for the Kings. Outlaw has been surprisingly impressive this season, but yes, Kings need a shooter bad, especially now w/ Thornton benched.
    I can't tell for sure but I think you may be undervaluing Derrick Williams. He's a natural 4 but who is going to start at the 4 over Kevin Love? So Derrick trimmed down quite a few pounds this off-season hoping to play the 3, and he is arguably as talented as Corey Brewer in many ways - it's just that Brewer is a perfect fit for the Wolves team.

I predict a lot of success for Williams in Sacramento and wish him well. He just didn't fit Adleman's view of a team - - like Martel Webster who is doing fine over in Wizard land, or maybe Beasley (who I still have considerable doubts about). Adleman has specific views about players and if you don't fit those views then you don't play.... namely, play within the offense and don't break out of the scheme.

If Derrick has a weakness, it's his tendency to do exactly that - he races off on his own. When he's on, he plays with a delirious abandon that's absolutely thrilling to watch and he can score in torrents. It's not true as some are saying, that his dribbling skills are weak - the dude can get to the rim in traffic. To me, he just needs the right team.