Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: THE FINAL FOUR: National Semifinals and THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, April 2nd & 4th

terrible shot selection. game.

Default Re: THE FINAL FOUR: National Semifinals and THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, April 2nd & 4th

NATIONAL HERE WE COMEEEEEEEEE!!

I'll be rooting for Butler but I won't mind UCONN winning as a representative of the Big East.

congrats to Uconn. Big East actually in da chip lmaoo

hahahaha damn if Uconn missed dat FT, coulda been OT. Knight wit da 3.

congrats Uconn though.

Banned

Book 'em Dan'l

this uconn team reminds me a lot of the 98-99 uconn team that won the national championship. they just know how to win games.

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

People got tear gassed in Richmond.

Damn shame that VCU couldn't pull it off.

Its all good though...felt pretty damn good to watch markeef or w/e the EFF his name is cry on national television!

LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Game time is posted on the OP.

Book 'em Dan'l

kemba walker is logging some serious minutes in this tournament. he's played a total of 194 of the possible 200 minutes so far.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

oh s[COLOR="Black"]h[/COLOR]it...we might win in women's basketball.

Shelvin Mack has been unreal in this tournament. I hope he has another great game against UCONN. I'll be interested to see what kind of scheme Stevens throws at them on D.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Shelvin Mack has been unreal in this tournament. I hope he has another great game against UCONN. I'll be interested to see what kind of scheme Stevens throws at them on D.
    I expect Nored to see lots of time on Walker, sparing Mack the potential foul trouble. Mack will still have to contend with Lamb, but I've seen an awful lot of streaky young shooters lose that touch in title games. If Lamb is content to shoot 3's it'll play into Butler's scheme.

For as great an offensive rebounding team as they are, UConn is lousy on the defensive boards. They get lots of second chance shots when Kemba draws the defense to himself on dribble-drives. Howard and Smith have to play big on the offensive glass for Butler while keeping out of the foul trouble that killed Kentucky when Harrelson had to go to the bench.

Butler is sneaky good offensively. People focus on their defense, but this team is better all-round on the offensive end than last year's team. Howard is so much more comfortable at the 4 than the 5, which he had to play last year to give Heyward room to operate.

I'm really interested in how UConn defends Mack. I think he's too strong for anyone but Kemba, unless Lamb's length disrupts him. I don't see it, and I think the last thing they want to do is put Lamb in a situation to fail.
    Last edited by JMT; 04-04-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Maryland vs. Indiana, 2002, might have some competition for most poorly played national championship game in the shot clock era. God that was a tough half of "basketball" to watch.

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

please tell me i wasn't the only one that heard the blatant "WHAT THE F**K!"