Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: If Kobe Can't Win It All in 2013 Then He Should NOT Be Top 10

You Kobestans are only downplaying Kobe when you say this is Dwight's team.

Even I have more respect for him than that.

So my point is that it won't diminish his legacy, but someone (really only Lebron) can greatly improve their legacy and get closer to or jump Kobe.
    I know you wrote a lot but your main point all boils down to this.

If Kobe wins a couple of more rings, it will cement his legacy and push both Bird and Magic down a notch and quite possibly overtake Jordan if theoretically he wins 3 more before retirement.

Now let's say if Lebron pawns the Lakers and creates his own dynasty, right now Kobe is in slot 6, and if that happens you can sure bet Lebron will over take him and push him down a bit further (not to mention Durant or Rose if they ever get the same dream team).

So those who say he is finished and does not need to do anymore is just plain stupid. Kobe still has a lot to prove if he wants to join the elite club and remain there.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    I know you wrote a lot but your main point all boils down to this.

If Kobe wins a couple of more rings, it will cement his legacy and push both Bird and Magic down a notch and quite possibly overtake Jordan if theoretically he wins 3 more before retirement.

Now let's say if Lebron pawns the Lakers and creates his own dynasty, right now Kobe is in slot 6, and if that happens you can sure bet Lebron will over take him and push him down a bit further (not to mention Durant or Rose if they ever get the same dream team).

So those who say he is finished and does not need to do anymore is just plain stupid. Kobe still has a lot to prove if he wants to join the elite club and remain there.
    Winning a ring alone for Kobe won't do that though. He's behind that elite group you speak of because of his level of play....not his ring count. I don't know why people have such a hard time understanding this.

Kobe already has 5 rings. Still to this day most people rank Bird higher...why?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Winning a ring alone for Kobe won't do that though. He's behind that elite group you speak of because of his level of play....not his ring count. I don't know why people have such a hard time understanding this.

Kobe already has 5 rings. Still to this day most people rank Bird higher...why?
    Half of those rings belong to Shaq; there was no question Bird was a true leader. And now we are talking about Kobe deferring to Dwight?

Please.

How can you rank him higher than Bird when he is nothing more than a servant?

Half of those rings belong to Shaq; there was no question Bird was a true leader. And now we are talking about Kobe deferring to Dwight?

Please.

How can you rank him higher than Bird when he is nothing more than a servant?
    I don't rank him higher than Bird. You make my point for me. Level of play still is what matter the most ultimately. It is why if Lebron wins the title this year while playing at a high level....a lot of people will rank Lebron over Kobe all time even though he only has 2 rings...and Lebron plays on a stacked team.

I rank Bird over Kobe simply because I thought Bird was a better player. They both proved enough to me in terms of winning and coming through...

And no, half of Kobe's rings do not belong to Shaq. In both 01 and 02 Kobe had fantastic playoff runs and did plenty enough to prove he deserves a lot of credit for those rings.

And no, half of Kobe's rings do not belong to Shaq. In both 01 and 02 Kobe had fantastic playoff runs and did plenty enough to prove he deserves a lot of credit for those rings.
    That team was Shaq's team. Don't try and sugar coat with a few good playoff plays when the defense was all focused on Shaq.

He ruled the basketball world. Every team would trade players, fire coaches, and draft fat big men *cough* Big Country to deal with Shaq.

To say Kobe was the leader of that team shows a basic lack of understanding of Shaq during those prime years.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Bird and Magic have brought more to the game than anything Kobe has ever done. When he is scrutinized, most people will say Shaq is responsible for more than half of his ring and he is not a true leader.

At least Bird and Magic were true leaders of their team. I could of word it differently; it was an error in semantics, but both have brought more to the court than anything Kobe could ever dream of.

That was the point.
    No. The point is, you said magic and bird have rings on both hands while kobe has one.

You lie to try and make a point but that doesnt cut it.

That team was Shaq's team. Don't try and sugar coat with a few good playoff plays when the defense was all focused on Shaq.

He ruled the basketball world. Every team would trade players, fire coaches, and draft fat big men *cough* Big Country to deal with Shaq.

To say Kobe was the leader of that team shows a basic lack of understanding of Shaq during those prime years.
    Who said Kobe was the leader? I didn't...and I haven't seen anyone else say that either.

Shaq was the best player...no doubt. But it is you that lacks basic of understanding of basketball in general if you think a player that puts up 29/7/6 during a playoff run is relegated to "meaningless"...

Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    No. The point is, you said magic and bird have rings on both hands while kobe has one.

You lie to try and make a point but that doesnt cut it.
    You win.

Who said Kobe was the leader? I didn't...and I haven't seen anyone else say that either.

Shaq was the best player...no doubt. But it is you that lacks basic of understanding of basketball in general if you think a player that puts up 29/7/6 during a playoff run is relegated to "meaningless"...

Sigh...
    Stats don't matter when we talk about the most important attribute to becoming a LEGEND: LEADERSHIP.

Jordan, Bird, Magic will forever cement their legacies in the top ten based on this attribute alone and not merely the number of rings they have.

Kobe has not yet proven he is a true leader. Bring this new team to multiple championships and prove he is the leader.

He himself said this is his team. Prove it.

Stats don't matter when we talk about the most important attribute to becoming a LEGEND: LEADERSHIP.

Jordan, Bird, Magic will forever cement their legacies in the top ten based on this attribute alone and not merely the number of rings they have.

Kobe has not yet proven he is a true leader. Bring this new team to multiple championships and prove he is the leader.

He himself said this is his team. Prove it.
    Lol kobe hurts your feelings.

http://nbadraft.net/forum/if-kobe-ca...-not-be-top-10

scroll down and see the 'IamRAMBO24's post

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow

"Kobe's already a top 10 player of all-time and he's already proven that he doesn't need this stacked of a team to win.

The only one who's legacy can really be hurt by this scenario is Dwight. For Kobe, it's just icing on an already great cake."

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow

@rambo coming on here, trying to act like EVERYBODY agrees with him

He posts this same crap on another site, and gets pretty much the same responses. But yet in his warped pathetic Kobe hatin' mind, we're the ones who are supposedly wrong. Two completely different sites, but the same responses. At some point, he's going to have accept the FACT that he(rambo) truly is an idiot/moron
    Last edited by LakersReign; 08-27-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Decent playground baller

wether or not Kobe is a top 10 this should have already been decided at this point of his career. Now that hes declining and playing along with Dwight, Gasol and Nash it is not going to make any difference wether he wins or not a new ring, understanding that for the Lakers to win it will take everyone being involved, not just Kobe in superhero mode.