Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: How much money will Draymond Green command?

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    The worst mistake he'll make career-wise is to go for the big money on a shitty team.
    Yeah..... Money>rings.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    ??

Klay got essentially the max deal. The only difference was that it was the max for a 66.5M salary cap and the cap ended up being a little higher. But it wasn't a savings worth even discussing.

The Curry deal was a steal but it was one he had to make because his body was crumbling at that point.

But yeah, Green is going to get 14M+. And probably on the + side of that.

GSW HAVE to find a way to dump Lee/Iggy. HAVE TO.
    Lee and iggy, 1st and 2 2nds
    For
    Carmelo and bargnani

NBA All-star

8-10 mil

7mil if he gets offered a contract that goes up yearly.

but yes, he'll probably get the 10-12 mil offer. with teams looking for his rebounding and his scoring as a plus.

if he was 2 inches taller tho.

I suppose teams are going to think about those "max"es

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    i always knew we'd be happy iggy chose GSW, but i didnt think it would happen this soon. he had what, one semi-decent year

denver nuggets are shit and will always be shit. regardless of whether they kept iggy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    i always knew we'd be happy iggy chose GSW, but i didnt think it would happen this soon. he had what, one semi-decent year
    That's funny because Denver went down the shitter as soon as he left

Iggy has lost some explosiveness but he's still a good player. His numbers are modest but that's because he plays on super stacked team and hardly ever looks for his own shot. There's a reason why he always finishes games.

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Lee and iggy, 1st and 2 2nds
    For
    Carmelo and bargnani
    **** off with that

Why would the Warriors trade two fantastic team players for two chucking, matador defenders with terrible contracts who add nothing to the team?

Iggy and Lee sacrificed their individual stats for the sake of the team. Not sure why people are acting like they're scrubs. If you've watched any Warriors games this year, you would know that they're still very good players.

Good High School Starter

A max offer would be really dumb and I like Draymond a lot.

Decent playground baller They Won's Avatar

People really think close to max? They better be trolling. $7-8M a year is what his value is, but he will probably get closer to $10M from a desperate team.

Quote Originally Posted by They Won
    People really think close to max? They better be trolling. $7-8M a year is what his value is, but he will probably get closer to $10M from a desperate team.
    He does shit that literally nobody else does. Or as JVG said last night, his combination of skills is unheard of.

- can guard all 5 positions effectively
    - protects the rim
    - Elite passer at his position
    - decent spot up shooter
    - good finisher

Jack of all trades, master of defense

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper15
    A max offer would be really dumb and I like Draymond a lot.
    Agreed! When I heard Jeff Van Gundy say Dray deserves or might command a max salary, I couldn't believe it! NO WAY IN HELL does Dray deserve a max salary. He isn't even an All Star level kind of player. If guys like Dray can get the max, that's going to set off anarchy in the NBA. I think wings or SF's like a Jimmy Butler, Kawhii, Derozan, etc. are WAY MORE DESERVING of a max salary than Dray. And I don't think Butler, Kawhii, and Derozan are really max level kind of players anyway. It would be overpaying them if they were. But at least they are among the top 5-6 at their positions in the NBA.

Huge difference between a very versatile player who can fill many holes AND guys who are legit All Stars or superstars. In a perfect world, only superstar level players or guys right underneath should get the max. So that means guys like Lebron, Curry, Durant, Howard, Harden,Westbrook, CP3, Blake, Love, LaMarcus, Lillard, Wall, and Cousins.
    Last edited by bizil; 01-10-2015 at 03:51 PM.

If you put him on a team and are expecting a star to carry you, you'll be severely mistaken. But he's a damn near perfect role player.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    He does shit that literally nobody else does. Or as JVG said last night, his combination of skills is unheard of.

- protects the rim
    - decent spot up shooter
    - good finisher

Jack of all trades, but not a master of anything IMO. You don't give 12/8 guys max contracts even if they play great D. Jimmy Butler is the minimum production for a max guy.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    If you put him on a team and are expecting a star to carry you, you'll be severely mistaken. But he's a damn near perfect role player.
    Agreed. Perfect role players are not max guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent

- protects the rim
    - decent spot up shooter
    - good finisher

Very versatile no doubt. But frankly, he's more of a guy who can defend three positions effectively. He can check SG, SF, and some smaller PF's. In the playoffs, he will get exposed having to check those big PF's out West. And he can't guard those quick new PG's either effectively. In terms of centers, he can check goons who don't look to score at all. But dudes like Cousins, Howard, and Gasol, etc. will eat him for breakfast. Guys like Jordan, Noah, and others would wear him out rebounding wise. Dray is only 6'7 and 230.

He is a very good passer I will give him that. I saw that in him at Michigan State. And he is a good shooter too. I think his max potential as of now is 15 points, 7-8 boards, and 4-5 assists. Very good numbers, BUT NOT MAX MONEY kind of numbers. U are really MASSIVELY OVERPAYING if u pay Dray the max. I'm just talking as of now. He's no even better than guys like Parsons, Hayward, Butler, Leonard, etc. In other words, if Draymond is your best player on a team, are u a TRUE title contender. I would say NO! But if he improves to a point to where he's a top 5 SF in the league, then I will give dude credit.

He's a very good player, but I think long terms he needs to settle more into a SF. Who can from there play different positions. GS has him mainly as a PF to accomodate Barnes and Iggy. And in certain lineups, Klay moves to SF. I think GS is gonna have a decision to make between Barnes and Dray. Unless Dray and the team are content to have him as an undersized PF.
    Last edited by bizil; 01-10-2015 at 03:53 PM.

If he's paid as much as he's deserved, casual fans of whichever team that gets him are going to hate on him for not being an alpha 20ppg scorer. Same thing that happened to Iggy