Page 91 of 153 FirstFirst ... 418188899091929394101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2288
    McCants is Available!!

Default Re: Illinois Fan Thread.

Mike Davis went up for an alley oop, dropped the ball, recovered it for a dunk attempt, got hung on the front of the rim, recovered it and then missed the layup. LOL! Other than that, it was a pretty good game though

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    Mike Davis went up for an alley oop, dropped the ball, recovered it for a dunk attempt, got hung on the front of the rim, recovered it and then missed the layup. LOL! Other than that, it was a pretty good game though
    It was embarrassing, but he caught the next alley oop from the nosebleed sections and threw it down. I loved the way he played this game. He gobbled up every board and played aggressive all game. If he does this every single time he steps on the floor, we're 3x better from the get go.

****. yeah.

NBA Superstar

Thank god I watched the last 10 minutes of the game. I'm happy for you guys.

Local High School Star YAH trick YAH's Avatar

holy **** that was exciting, Trent baby

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Only caught the last 5 minutes of the game. All I can say is WOW. That was great.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Great finish. Unbelievable atmosphere. The purple and orange, it just seemed crazy. McCamey came up clutch as did Trent.

Hopefully we can beat Indiana in their place and gain some momentum heading towards the Big10 tourney.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Now I kinda wish I would've gone to that game like I could've. Damn these real-life adult responsibilities.....

As much as I get annoyed by little things Bruce does, there aren't many coaches in America I'd trade him for.

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

All indicators point to the 2010-2011 season being a big year for the Illini. They will absolutely be loaded on the perimeter with senior Demetri McCamey running the point. On the wing there will be a plethora of talent. Transfer Alex Legion, 2009 prospects Brandon Paul and D.J. Richardson and 2010 prospects Crandall Head and Jereme Richmond are all athletic scorers.
    i've played with brandon paul before, he's very athletic but may be a little undersized for SG . i've also played with jereme richmond, most of his talent stems from his height, but he's only a junior averaging around 27-30 points a game (off of all putbacks for the most part), so we'll see what happens his senior year .

Brandon Paul's at least 6'2", if not every bit of the 6'3" he's listed as. I've stood right next to him and he's at least as tall as I am (I'm right around 6'2"). That's plenty big enough for a college shooting guard. You realize how many guys even smaller than that have been outstanding two-guards in college? Tons. And not all of them had Paul's length and athleticism.

And having seen Richmond several times, his game is far more varied than simply scoring off putbacks. His skillset for a 6'7" forward is outstanding, and he's one of the rare guys that can play three, and possibly even four, positions on both ends of the court. As athletic as he is, he's more skilled than he is athletic and that's why he's a Top 10 prospect nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    Brandon Paul's at least 6'2", if not every bit of the 6'3" he's listed as. I've stood right next to him and he's at least as tall as I am (I'm right around 6'2"). That's plenty big enough for a college shooting guard. You realize how many guys even smaller than that have been outstanding two-guards in college? Tons. And not all of them had Paul's length and athleticism.

And having seen Richmond several times, his game is far more varied than simply scoring off putbacks. His skillset for a 6'7" forward is outstanding, and he's one of the rare guys that can play three, and possibly even four, positions on both ends of the court. As athletic as he is, he's more skilled than he is athletic and that's why he's a Top 10 prospect nationally.
    if you've seen jereme, you've seen colin nickerson though right?

Quote Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
    if you've seen jereme, you've seen colin nickerson though right?
    Nickerson's a quality guard and I'm surprised no one in the Midwest jumped on him. Fairfield got a guy who will do very well at that level, I'd say. I wouldn't say Nickerson is Big Ten-caliber, but I'm at least surprised that no MVC or Horizon team offered him (if I recall, he had few other D-I offers besides Fairfield).

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Good win today. The Mike's played well but I only watched the first 15ish minutes so I didn't see how the team played down the stretch but damn, only 2 pts from McCamey?

What I love about this team is that any given night any guy can be the "man" for this team and take over. They spread the ball so much and it's just beautiful to watch sometimes. What helps is that a couple of teams above us in the polls slipped this past week and we won our games (on the road too) so it should help us move and as long as we can stay in the mid-teens the rest of the way out we could find ourselves as a 3/4 seed.

It was a combination of Demitri not really looking for his shot and them playing him really close throughout the game. The shots weren't there for him. They left Chester open for most of the possessions. Tisdale was great in finding the open spots in their zone, especially around the free throw line area. Mike wreaked havoc in the zone with boards and put backs. They were really out classed for most the game. They went on the run off of Roth for awhile, but they ran out of fumes. I hope Tisdale works on his rebounding. He seems like he doesn't try as hard when he sees Davis pulling them in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    Nickerson's a quality guard and I'm surprised no one in the Midwest jumped on him. Fairfield got a guy who will do very well at that level, I'd say. I wouldn't say Nickerson is Big Ten-caliber, but I'm at least surprised that no MVC or Horizon team offered him (if I recall, he had few other D-I offers besides Fairfield).
    that's what i thought too. he's arguably the best person on waukegan, in between him and richmond, but i'll leave the scouting to you, you seem more knowledgeable than me.