Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Australia has the best culture in the world

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    i'v never been, but its always seemed kinda meh to me

would rather go surfing in west africa or south america
    Me too. When GB and the US are so much closer, Australia doesn't really seem worth the long ass trip.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
    I've never been, but I've never been really interested... I don't hear much from them. I have a colleague down there in Sydney doing a fellowship and she's having a blast. But she's a Cali girl so the beach and the sun is all she needs.

The best culture in the world has to be Japanese - I mean the food's amazing, the culture is rich in their own way and the region is beautiful. On the small island they've managed to be efficient and compact so that a lot of wildlife/nature is preserved. Full disclosure - I've never been there, i'm just speaking from what i've heard and read.

I think a lot of people, even here the Dutch like to compare ourselves with America because of their influence post-world war. Sure in many ways we have it better here... our worst areas are probably safer than the middle class there. But we're also a lot smaller of a country meaning, it's much easier to manage. Australia is large and has the population of Texas... which is the second most populated state in the US.
    alot of westerners have a misleading view on japanese culture....

Although i guess you only mentioned the food and region but those things aren't really culture

Decent playground baller AkronAngel's Avatar

I doubt the OP is actually from Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    This post reeks of someone who has never been to Australia
    I've been to Melbourne and Sydney actually. And from what i've seen, the United States is a far, far more interesting country, with more interesting people too. Australia is a boring place with a boring history, full of boring people who couldn't spark an interesting conversation to save their lives. It's also absurdly expensive despite this absence of anything interesting to do (or having done anything interesting as a country or culture). India has made greater contributions to english language culture than Australia . Not to mention that almost anyone worthwhile produced by Australia migrates almost as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

And sorry, you're right, Australia is no.1 in creating a culture of paternalism and being fanatical about sports and beer. Most overrated country on the planet; no one would've even heard of it if not for its weather and beaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    I'm actually 1/16th Aboriginal by the way

So I guess this is my land unna

BRB dardy dreamtime with the dollcinqs
    1/16 doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    I've been to Melbourne and Sydney actually. And from what i've seen, the United States is a far, far more interesting country, with more interesting people too. Australia is a boring place with a boring history, full of boring people who couldn't spark an interesting conversation to save their lives. It's also absurdly expensive despite this absence of anything interesting to do (or having done anything interesting as a country or culture). India has made greater contributions to english language culture than Australia . Not to mention that almost anyone worthwhile produced by Australia migrates almost as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

And sorry, you're right, Australia is no.1 in creating a culture of paternalism and being fanatical about sports and beer. Most overrated country on the planet; no one would've even heard of it if not for its weather and beaches.

I should have put lifestyle

Because in regards with that, we're pretty much number one. Maybe some small European countries, mainly in the west/south might challenge us, but they lack the space and freedom that we have. You can actually get lost in the outback here, you can camp around and be isolated for kilometers

We are the most multicultural place on Earth, although everything you've been hearing on the news of recent about Muslims would make you think otherwise, every country has racism.

We have unique sports that are ingrained in our history and heritage. We have hundreds of beautiful beaches, and we actually have a middle class unlike the states. University isn't as nearly as expensive as America

We are a lot closer to "freedom" than most countries

This is why the US is still the greatest. All the other countries try to compare themselves to us. It's kind of cute actually

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    I should have put lifestyle

Because in regards with that, we're pretty much number one. Maybe some small European countries, mainly in the west/south might challenge us, but they lack the space and freedom that we have. You can actually get lost in the outback here, you can camp around and be isolated for kilometers

We are the most multicultural place on Earth, although everything you've been hearing on the news of recent about Muslims would make you think otherwise, every country has racism.

We have unique sports that are ingrained in our history and heritage. We have hundreds of beautiful beaches, and we actually have a middle class unlike the states. University isn't as nearly as expensive as America

We are a lot closer to "freedom" than most countries
    Seriously dude Australia isn't that multicultural. 90% white. 9% Asian. 1% everything else. When the US Navy comes in town, you have the entire town buzzing asking why there are black people in the city.

Have a walk around a US city vs. a walk around a city in Australia and it's not even close. White people for days in Australia.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Seriously dude Australia isn't that multicultural. 90% white. 9% Asian. 1% everything else. When the US Navy comes in town, you have the entire town buzzing asking why there are black people in the city.

Have a walk around a US city vs. a walk around a city in Australia and it's not even close. White people for days in Australia.
    Don't know where you live but Melbourne is definitely not 90% white dude. Probably more like 50% white with the rest being asian, middle eastern, african and sub continent. Have a walk around most suburbs in Victoria and you'll see just as many asians/indians/somalians as you will white people. And anyway "white" isn't an entire nationality either, multi culturalism includes the fact that the white population here is made up of many different nations as well.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Don't know where you live but Melbourne is definitely not 90% white dude. Probably more like 50% white with the rest being asian, middle eastern, african and sub continent. Have a walk around most suburbs in Victoria and you'll see just as many asians/indians/somalians as you will white people. And anyway "white" isn't an entire nationality either, multi culturalism includes the fact that the white population here is made up of many different nations as well.
    I live in Brisbane. I was just in Melbourne last weekend and it is more diverse than Brisbane. I even saw the "projects" of Melbourne on the way to the airport which I believe you mentioned in another thread.

Melbourne is more 75%. I don't know...I think you guys exaggerate it a bit and it is more diverse than the majority of the world. Probably shouldn't compare it to the states.

One thing I will agree is the lifestyle. The lifestyle can't be beat and is definitely better living here than the US. Except for right now...the weather is pretty much shit everywhere on the east coast for easter weekend. Bollocks.

True about the last statement as well. Heaps of irish, kiwis, brits and of course americans who get the most shit from the rest of the white world.

Yeah I overshot with culture which is more to do with history and Australia is a relatively new country and rather boring past as well

I meant to put lifestyle

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Isn't Australia infamous for being quite racist?

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Isn't Australia infamous for being quite racist?
    It's overblown to be honest

Racism exists everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status

White people all come from 1 culture?

Celtics 2016 Champs

wtf, what a poorly officiated league game