Earned not given

Default Is there anything more annoying than...

A dude that's much bigger than you thinking he's the shit when he beats your team?

I just played ball at the gym. First two games my team won and then the next team had this guy that was 6'3, probably 200 or 205 and I was guarding him. In the beginning of the game I was locking him up so he decided to post me up...and of course he resorts to lowering his shoulder to push me off the block (I'm 6', 185)

So I push back and dude starts getting pissed off; as if I'm supposed to just lay there and let him punk me. Long story short, dude hits a two off of an offensive rebound and ends up winning the game 13-12, then starts puffing his chest out and yelling "DONT CALL IT A COMEBACK" and acting all hard. Trips me out when people take meaningless pick up games so serious

Default Re: Is there anything more annoying than...

At that point you have to start triple teaming. I would never watch one of my boys, or my boys would never watch me get taken down in the block.

Only double or triple in the post though. Find out if he can pass or if he's just big

NBA Superstar

Been there. Played a pick-up game against a feller who appeared to play basketball as a second sport. He was around my height (6'3'') but much stronger, built like a linebacker.

He had a repetitive pet move of dribbling hard right then using a spin pivot into a layup or jumper. After a couple trips, I picked up on his habit and anticipated his move the next time down. The paint was actually open, but since he'd pre-planned his move, he went out of his way to pivot and plow me over, while still 18 feet away from the hoop. The collision made him lose his balance on the way up and he slopped up a shot that clanked off the backboard, then rim, then backboard again before trickling down. Garbage bucket.

Then he stared at me like everything went exactly as planned and said, no joke, "This is a man's game."

Go Spurs Go

hell ya that shits annoying.. some dude goes to our court hes like 6'5, 250 and the next tallest person is me around 6'1 170 LMAO

he starts bullying people and gets mad and "disrespected" when i refuse to play his game.. i stop playing defense basically and hes like "gotta guard me man, cant leave me open!"

like, nlgga please.. got better things to do then risk getting elbowed or run over by your fat ass

I'm not even close to 6' so this happens all the time to me

lol if u dont take pickup games serious. lettuce be real u got mad that u got punked and no u airin it out on a forum...............actin like its no big deal to be serious the lebron avy explains the lack of competitiveness

BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    A dude that's much bigger than you thinking he's the shit when he beats your team?

I just played ball at the gym. First two games my team won and then the next team had this guy that was 6'3, probably 200 or 205 and I was guarding him. In the beginning of the game I was locking him up so he decided to post me up...and of course he resorts to lowering his shoulder to push me off the block (I'm 6', 185)

So I push back and dude starts getting pissed off; as if I'm supposed to just lay there and let him punk me. Long story short, dude hits a two off of an offensive rebound and ends up winning the game 13-12, then starts puffing his chest out and yelling "DONT CALL IT A COMEBACK" and acting all hard. Trips me out when people take meaningless pick up games so serious

i find a lot of newbies or "wana be ballers" do those type of shiet in a pick up game. heck , even if a reffed games. if it's the playoff or championship game where emotions run high , i can understand but to do that in a pick up game is pretty laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    hell ya that shits annoying.. some dude goes to our court hes like 6'5, 250 and the next tallest person is me around 6'1 170 LMAO

he starts bullying people and gets mad and "disrespected" when i refuse to play his game.. i stop playing defense basically and hes like "gotta guard me man, cant leave me open!"

like, nlgga please.. got better things to do then risk getting elbowed or run over by your fat ass
    I hear ya. I am 6'6" so naturally I am usually the tallest dude on the court. I play hard but within reason. I ain't trying to injury anybody. I am 46 years old. This young kid, 20 and 6'9 and goes to our local college, plays in our Saturday leagues. Now knowing that he is in college, most of us want to make sure this young man stays healthy when we are playing. This young wants to act like LeBron and drive the lane like a run away train! We are like "dude. Take it easy on yourself and us"

Go Spurs Go

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    I hear ya. I am 6'6" so naturally I am usually the tallest dude on the court. I play hard but within reason. I ain't trying to injury anybody. I am 46 years old. This young kid, 20 and 6'9 and goes to our local college, plays in our Saturday leagues. Now knowing that he is in college, most of us want to make sure this young man stays healthy when we are playing. This young wants to act like LeBron and drive the lane like a run away train! We are like "dude. Take it easy on yourself and us"
    i actually dont mind when people play hard.. i enjoy it..

but the trash talk , when youre twice the size of everyone else, is fukkin weak.

dominate with class, ya feel me?

Give him a hard foul, or double team him every time he touches the ball.

Wait, so now if someone is big they shouldn't be allowed to talk shit? Had guys try this before. Guy scored 6 straight buckets in the paint and talked shit after each one. We scored 6 straight 3's. Game over 12-6.....I yell "you ain't that ****ing big"