Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2018, 12:25 AM   #46
diamenz
National High School Star
 
diamenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,412
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
snoops dog is cringe


appearences with tom arnold on trailer park boys

constant twitter/instagram/facebook posts going ape shit about being called a sell out or ranting about trump

going crazy like dave chappelle and going to africa/changing his name to snoop lion for a while



he's over exposed in a bad way these days. his rap style was already corny during his prime. he was a joke ... now he's a bad joke

i won't argue against any of that, but his deathrow days were money.
diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:31 AM   #47
MoBe1Kanobi
Local High School Star
 
MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,108
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Because integration has destroyed the spiritual base of humanity: the black man.

Before integration, assimilation, interracial rr, etc was as common and basically mandated practices in social politics, it was reflected in black pop culture. AI, KG, McGrady, etc classic little black kids from the hood in the mid 80s before forced integration was to where it is today. These black kids who grew up in this time where distinctly blacker and different than the whites, and the whites were distinctly whiter than today's whites.

And both races benefited at least only on a cultural level, it was as if there were two sub country's within America, black america, and the much larger white America. But at least black people had distinct pockets and a stronger community.

Now you can see the effect integration has had on rap and basketball. The powers that be want both to be accessible to white audiences and eventually owned by them on a cultural and economic level. That's why most of rap today is whites, lightskins, and black inflated stereotype acts like migos. The whites mans dream. And bball too.

What was the old joke?

Why they invent the 3pt line? To give white boys a chance (I think that's what it was)

Take away the physicality, the aggressiveness, the athleticism, the killer, the street goon,bout the game.. why?

To trickle in more lightskins and whites (euros) until voila... "wow guys remember when black people used to make up most of the NBA?"

I'm just saying

There's a reason they introduced this new "freedom of softie let everyone do whatever they want on offense" rule the same year a euro guard is touted to go #1 in the draft
MoBe1Kanobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:33 AM   #48
305Baller
NBA Detective
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 7,190
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBe1Kanobi
Because integration has destroyed the spiritual base of humanity: the black man.

Before integration, assimilation, interracial rr, etc was as common and basically mandated practices in social politics, it was reflected in black pop culture. AI, KG, McGrady, etc classic little black kids from the hood in the mid 80s before forced integration was to where it is today. These black kids who grew up in this time where distinctly blacker and different than the whites, and the whites were distinctly whiter than today's whites.

And both races benefited at least only on a cultural level, it was as if there were two sub country's within America, black america, and the much larger white America. But at least black people had distinct pockets and a stronger community.

Now you can see the effect integration has had on rap and basketball. The powers that be want both to be accessible to white audiences and eventually owned by them on a cultural and economic level. That's why most of rap today is whites, lightskins, and black inflated stereotype acts like migos. The whites mans dream. And bball too.

What was the old joke?

Why they invent the 3pt line? To give white boys a chance (I think that's what it was)

Take away the physicality, the aggressiveness, the athleticism, the killer, the street goon,bout the game.. why?

To trickle in more lightskins and whites (euros) until voila... "wow guys remember when black people used to make up most of the NBA?"

I'm just saying

There's a reason they introduced this new "freedom of softie let everyone do whatever they want on offense" rule the same year a euro guard is touted to go #1 in the draft


russian troll bot confirmed
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:34 AM   #49
MoBe1Kanobi
Local High School Star
 
MoBe1Kanobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,108
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
russian troll bot confirmed
Pro black Russian troll bot?

Makes so much sense
MoBe1Kanobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:36 AM   #50
305Baller
NBA Detective
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 7,190
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBe1Kanobi
Pro black Russian troll bot?

Makes so much sense

haha pro old man out of touch never got out the ghetto sense
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:37 AM   #51
305Baller
NBA Detective
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 7,190
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
haha pro old man out of touch never got out the ghetto sense

in russia
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:42 AM   #52
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8,384
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
russian troll bot confirmed

"But this time it will be different. RUSSIAN!"

https://youtu.be/KtAXTTsSetM?t=465
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:44 AM   #53
305Baller
NBA Detective
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 7,190
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBe1Kanobi
Because integration has destroyed the spiritual base of humanity: the black man.

Before integration, assimilation, interracial rr, etc was as common and basically mandated practices in social politics, it was reflected in black pop culture. AI, KG, McGrady, etc classic little black kids from the hood in the mid 80s before forced integration was to where it is today. These black kids who grew up in this time where distinctly blacker and different than the whites, and the whites were distinctly whiter than today's whites.

And both races benefited at least only on a cultural level, it was as if there were two sub country's within America, black america, and the much larger white America. But at least black people had distinct pockets and a stronger community.

Now you can see the effect integration has had on rap and basketball. The powers that be want both to be accessible to white audiences and eventually owned by them on a cultural and economic level. That's why most of rap today is whites, lightskins, and black inflated stereotype acts like migos. The whites mans dream. And bball too.

What was the old joke?

Why they invent the 3pt line? To give white boys a chance (I think that's what it was)

Take away the physicality, the aggressiveness, the athleticism, the killer, the street goon,bout the game.. why?

To trickle in more lightskins and whites (euros) until voila... "wow guys remember when black people used to make up most of the NBA?"

I'm just saying

There's a reason they introduced this new "freedom of softie let everyone do whatever they want on offense" rule the same year a euro guard is touted to go #1 in the draft


theres no doubt that the blacks have gotten a raw deal in the us but i think ur going a little overboard here. u would love an all black league that apparently cant shoot threes? u r putting uyr own race in a box, u russian bot
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:45 AM   #54
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8,384
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamenz
if u can't appreciate nineties shit then you're just not a fan of rap, period.

nas
pac
snoop
big
jay
wu
bone
twista
cube
ice t
ws connection
geto boys
outkast
pun
gang starr


not to mention the late eighties legends that were on their way out but still making classics in the early nineties.

Wasn't as big into the ones in bold but I listed to the others way too much. Back when having a pair of 12's in your car meant something. These days kids are worried about the police pulling them over because the car is too loud. Back then, police told you to turn that shit up, especially if it was fuck the police by NWA being played at 135 db out the back of a cutlass.

But the end all be all at least in terms of getting a reaction out of people was blasting 2 Live Crew at full, clear volume while pumping gas.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:53 AM   #55
305Baller
NBA Detective
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 7,190
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
"But this time it will be different. RUSSIAN!"

https://youtu.be/KtAXTTsSetM?t=465


305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:14 AM   #56
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8,384
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller

I came across that gem awhile ago. You have to watch the whole movie.

"who's the lard ass!?"
"go home and play with your wooden dolly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG82womZ178

egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:16 AM   #57
diamenz
National High School Star
 
diamenz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,412
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Wasn't as big into the ones in bold but I listed to the others way too much. Back when having a pair of 12's in your car meant something. These days kids are worried about the police pulling them over because the car is too loud. Back then, police told you to turn that shit up, especially if it was fuck the police by NWA being played at 135 db out the back of a cutlass.

But the end all be all at least in terms of getting a reaction out of people was blasting 2 Live Crew at full, clear volume while pumping gas.

diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:16 AM   #58
305Baller
NBA Detective
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 7,190
Default Re: Why is most rap of today garbage? Kind of like NBA of today being watered down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
I came across that gem awhile ago. You have to watch the whole movie.

"who's the lard ass!?"
"go home and play with your wooden dolly"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG82womZ178


looks so bad it's good
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy