Default How many points have you scored in your career?

I thought it would be interesting to see how many points people have scored during their basketball careers during full court 5 on 5 games whether it's pickup ball, a req league, HS, college, whatever. Let's face it, some of us have played a shit ton of ball and still play a shit ton more. I ran some numbers and I was shocked at the figures. I started playing a ton of 5 on 5 when I was 15. In my 20's I played 2 games a day, everyday during lunch break, plus 2 nights a week. From ages 27-30, I was playing close to 20 games a week. I was in 2 rec leagues and playing at the Y. Most of these games were up to 11 by 1's and 2's. Using a LOW approximation of 5 ppg in req play in games up to 11 and also my 18 ppg average in req play, I was scoring roughly 2500 points some years these in 5 on 5 games. From 27-30, I was scoring about 5000 points a year! 5 ppg, 10 games a week, roughly 44 weeks out of the 52 weeks a year. Doing all the math, I estimate I've scored between 50,000 and 60,000 points in the 19 years that I've played active 5 on 5. In those 19 years, I played on average 12 games a week and I loved every minute of it. I don't even want to think what that figure is if I included all the 3 on 3 games.

Kareem has scored roughly 38,000 points in his NBA career.

Funny to think that many of us that have been playing 5 on 5 regularly for 15-20 years have scored more points than the NBA all time scoring leader.

It wouldn't shock me in the least if some on here have dropped 70K points or even 80K points in all their years of playing.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: How many points have you scored in your career?

Tbh I'm a 3 and defense player. I won't score most games.