Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Could James Harden lead a playoff caliber team as the lead player/scorer?

Harden is a good player, but is he good enough to be the leader/star player of a playoff caliber squad?

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default Re: Could James Harden lead a playoff caliber team as the lead player/scorer?

I personally don't think so. I think his game style is much more suited to coming off the bench/being a complimentary player.. like Manu.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: Could James Harden lead a playoff caliber team as the lead player/scorer?

Noooope. He's not THAT good. He'd at most average 20 points on 45% shooting and fail as a lead dog.

Banned

It would have to be with a very good supporting cast though like the Denver Nuggets.

Banned

I think great second option but nah not a leader. He's the kind of guy who can pick up the slack and make plays when your main guys having a bad night. Personally I'd love to see him next to Dirk in Dallas.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    It would have to be with a very good supporting cast though like the Denver Nuggets.
    I dunno if I'm crazy in saying this but I don't even see him being the best player on the Denver Nuggets. I think he'd fall in as just another piece of the puzzle. I think Lawson would be better and he'd be right there with Iggy\Gallo. At best I think it'd be a combined effort and he wouldn't clearly separate himself from the others.

Not even 100% to do with his talent, just Denver as a team.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore talamo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Harden is a good player, but is he good enough to be the leader/star player of a playoff caliber squad?
    probably not, especially with the new flopping rules his numbers will never be the same. role player 4 life

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I think he could in the east, but that team would be a perennial first round exit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I dunno if I'm crazy in saying this but I don't even see him being the best player on the Denver Nuggets. I think he'd fall in as just another piece of the puzzle. I think Lawson would be better and he'd be right there with Iggy\Gallo. At best I think it'd be a combined effort and he wouldn't clearly separate himself from the others.

Not even 100% to do with his talent, just Denver as a team.
    The only one I could see being better than Harden is McGee and Faried. Faried is a beast. Lawson is not better and Iggy is not better although I would rather have Iggy on my team especially as a 2nd/3rd option but as a 1st option Harden reigns superior.

Maybe the 8th seed in the East.

he's Joe Johnson with a beard.

so yeah

Say he had a supporting cast of like Lowry, Iguodala, Josh Smith, and Gorrat then sure!

no chance..
    That guy is so overrated its not funny...

Joe Johnson >> harden..

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Not a caliber playoff team, but I think he's capable of leading a team into the playoffs(1st Round exit) a couple of seasons. And maybe one surprising playoff run, like 1st Round upset or CF series appearance.

I think Harden's ceiling as the lead dog would be similar to Glenn Robinson in Milwaukee or Glen Rice in Miami and Charlotte. 2 or 3 playoff appearances and 1 surprising playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Say he had a supporting cast of like Lowry, Iguodala, Josh Smith, and Gorrat then sure!
    If that was his supporting cast, he'd probably be the third best player on the team; second at best.