Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #301
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 15,202
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

Flunked math cos I misrecalled a pine riders career 3 point FG% by 0.09%?

You are a major douche and have resorted to cheap ass arguments cos I'm shredding you on this issue.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #302
BigTicket
Cavs for life
 
BigTicket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,804
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

Oh I'm resorting to cheap as arguments now ? You're the one who said Larry Hughes shot with about 5 secs to go wouldn't count as a gamewinner.

And you haven't shredded a damn thing. Remind me mostly of Guiliani who thinks he won the argument with Ron Paul.
BigTicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:10 PM   #303
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass
 
RecSpecs110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,020
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Guess you flunked math, 34.9% is 35% not 34%. And a few big shots doesn't get you in the HOF when you're nowhere near the level needed otherwise.

As for Marshall he's no joke, he's just getting old, he can still make a 3 though, just ask NJ fans.

1) That was one game. Anyone can have a hot night, even I could myself.

2) The Nets did not get handled easily. Every one of our losses, with exception to Game 6, was a close one and could have gone either way. Just wanted to make that clear.

3) The Cavs played well defensively these 2 games. And so has Detroit. Both teams are having trouble shooting well, but it has been the Pistons who have been clutch at the end to squeeze out 2 victories.

4) Why the hell are you guys taking pride in your teams "taking it easy." If I were you, I'd be pissed. Whether your team can bring it on at will or not is both irrelevant and false. It's not like the Piston's comeback was scripted. Had Cleveland played better in the 2nd half, the Pistons would have lost. Had the Cavs made their open shots, it would have been a different situation. Obviously, Detroit could have negated that by playing better themselves, but that's not the point. The point is that Detroit is not underestimating the Cavs at all. The Cavs are just giving them some tough competition. And even if your teams aren't playing their hardest, why would you be happy about that? That's a bad thing. Not something you should use to bash the other team.

"Oh, my team isn't even trying, and we're still beating you." Sounds like a wannabe argument.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:25 PM   #304
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 15,202
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Oh I'm resorting to cheap as arguments now ? You're the one who said Larry Hughes shot with about 5 secs to go wouldn't count as a gamewinner.

And you haven't shredded a damn thing. Remind me mostly of Guiliani who thinks he won the argument with Ron Paul.

My point was there's plenty of time after the shot. It wouldn't have been teh last shot of the game even if he made it and my evidence was after LH bricked it, there was enough time left for Varaejo to miss a tip, Pistons rebound, move it up court, and get fouled. And even after that the Cavs had enough time to take a wild full court shot.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #305
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 24,992
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
My point was there's plenty of time after the shot. It wouldn't have been teh last shot of the game even if he made it and my evidence was after LH bricked it, there was enough time left for Varaejo to miss a tip, Pistons rebound, move it up court, and get fouled. And even after that the Cavs had enough time to take a wild full court shot.
If LeBron's shot goes, there is 7 seconds left. If LH's shot goes, there is 5 seconds left. If Varejao's tip goes (which actually came the closest of the 3), there is 3 seconds left.

Any way you slice it, with the way both teams had played defense, the Pistons would have had a very difficult time hitting a game winner.

They would have probably needed another amazing shot, like the one Sheed hit with 24 seconds left.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:37 AM   #306
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 43,094
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7S76...elated&search=

Michael Jordan 59 Points against the Pistons.

The commentator said Jordan is guarantee at least 40 Poinst a game if he hit his jumpshoots. I hope Lebron James practice his jumpshoots in their gym and try to emulate what Jordan did against Detroit.

A Lebron James hitting a jumpshoot is alot better than a Lebron James driving into the lane.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 05-26-2007 at 05:39 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:25 AM   #307
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,911
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7S76...elated&search=

Michael Jordan 59 Points against the Pistons.

The commentator said Jordan is guarantee at least 40 Poinst a game if he hit his jumpshoots. I hope Lebron James practice his jumpshoots in their gym and try to emulate what Jordan did against Detroit.

A Lebron James hitting a jumpshoot is alot better than a Lebron James driving into the lane.

Shooting is almost never better than driving unless your name is Reggie Miller. Hopefully he doesn't overdo his jump shot, and start to get soft on attacking the rim, or his 240lb frame will go to waste, and no one wants to see Lebron shooting all day. Mike Brown sure doesn't.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:51 AM   #308
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 15,202
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
If LeBron's shot goes, there is 7 seconds left. If LH's shot goes, there is 5 seconds left. If Varejao's tip goes (which actually came the closest of the 3), there is 3 seconds left.

Any way you slice it, with the way both teams had played defense, the Pistons would have had a very difficult time hitting a game winner.

They would have probably needed another amazing shot, like the one Sheed hit with 24 seconds left.

Are you nuts? Seven and 5 seconds is a ton of time to get a shot; they had multiple timeouts, and unlike the Cavs have two excellent, and one good, shooters.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #309
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,210
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Shooting is almost never better than driving unless your name is Reggie Miller. Hopefully he doesn't overdo his jump shot, and start to get soft on attacking the rim, or his 240lb frame will go to waste, and no one wants to see Lebron shooting all day. Mike Brown sure doesn't.
co-sign that.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:26 PM   #310
MackSoFly313
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

ppl act like lebron wasnt throwin his arm out, look at tha replay and watch how many times he clears space, it was a good drive, playoff call, stop blamin tha refs and ur superstar and blame the players on the team 4 missin wide open shots, and even ur coachin staff for usin all ya timeouts when Larry or Varejo coulda secured tha ball and called time and set up again..
MackSoFly313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #311
FPower
National High School Star
 
FPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,544
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

One final thought on the refs; for all the people complaining you need to notice that Billups is getting no love from the refs either. He usually gets tons of calls, and he's getting nothing. All those turnovers he has usually get called as reach in fouls.

The refs have simply called this series extremely loose. I'm not even sure that favors the Pistons all that much, since Mike Brown's strategy is to ugly up the game as much as possible. The games have indeed been ugly, and the Cavs could easily have won one, or even both.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #312
insidehoops
Administrator
 
insidehoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,622
Default Re: Cavs Vs. Pistons Game 2

Game 3 discussion is here: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42959
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy