Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

I've been 5'9-5'9 1/2 since i was 15-16 and i'm 19 now. I think i'm done growing. fuak.

how do you measure your vertical leap?

6-2 1/2(barefoot)
    vert 31(was 35 in hs)
    max bench 315 right now, was 355 in hs dont really care as long as its over 300
    standing reach 8-1

BTW i guarantee you bynums is higher than 8-6.

I was a lightly recruited TE coming out of HS. In fact if you google me, im still on some crappy recruiting website because i signed a letter of intent. Our coach was the opposite of yours. We were all listed as smaller than we are. I was listed at 6-1 207 on that thing. I was about 6-1 225 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    height: 5'11" - 6'0"
    weight: 160-165
    vert (one step): two yrs ago, it was 32 and i couldnt dunk at the time now i can dunk so its probably a little higher
    max bench: 235 lbs
    standing reach: idk
    wingspan: a lil over 6'
    40 yd: 4.4

EDIT: it was one-step vert
    not to call bs or anything but you are really as fast as vince young? I dont doubt you believe you run a 4.4 and its entirely possible that you do but its also possible that you think you run a 4.4 and were mistimed.

Lots of BS in here, but thats typical of ISH.

5'10
    250 bench

Dunno my standing reach, wingspan, vert or 40 time.

ht: 5-11
    weight:195 lb
    vertical leap: 20 something
    max bench: Dunno, not much
    standing reach ?
    wingspan ?
    40 yard dash: 4.9 or so

Damm some of you guys have can bench alot more then your weight. I have a small bench set and I only have 110 pounds of weight (including the bar) and I can do about 10-15 reps. I need to get some larger weights and get in shape after I eat this box of cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Lots of BS in here, but thats typical of ISH.
    yeah. Like i said you can google me and find me on an old crappy recruiting site but it will at least show that i was close to what i am now coming out of hs. Ive grown an inch and gained some weight since then but like i said there is at least some evidence that im tellin the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    not to call bs or anything but you are really as fast as vince young? I dont doubt you believe you run a 4.4 and its entirely possible that you do but its also possible that you think you run a 4.4 and were mistimed.
    Ye 4.4 is real good. You could probably get a track scholarship.

College superstar

ht: 179cm, appr. 6'0 with shoes
    weight:200 lb
    vertical leap: as high as 42, around 38 now
    max bench: idk, i do dumbbell presses 85lbs 3x8
    standing reach 7'10
    wingspan appr. 6'6
    40 yard dash: idk

I measured my wingspan myself so that could be a few inches long or short, probably long. I've touched 11'4 on a vertec a long time ago and can touch this thing that is 9'4 with the top of my head, when I'm really feeling good I can almost get my ears on it but haven't done that in probably over a yr. Still trying to get back in shape after holiday weight gain saw me put on like 20lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    ht: 5-11
    weight:195 lb
    vertical leap: 20 something
    max bench: Dunno, not much
    standing reach ?
    wingspan ?
    40 yard dash: 4.9 or so

Damm some of you guys have can bench alot more then your weight. I have a small bench set and I only have 110 pounds of weight (including the bar) and I can do about 10-15 reps. I need to get some larger weights and get in shape after I eat this box of cookies.
    get a membership at a gym. its easier than getting a whole weight set. Anyway, if you want to get your bench up work really hard on your triceps since they have to do with whether or not you can finish(lock out) a rep. Pyramid up in weights and then make yourself pyramid back down. Also try some negative reps since it helps your wrists get used to heavier weight. Just a few ideas. Though to be honest if you are just trying to get "cut" you need different kinds of workouts then the kind that are done to make you stronger.

get a membership at a gym. its easier than getting a whole weight set. Anyway, if you want to get your bench up work really hard on your triceps since they have to do with whether or not you can finish(lock out) a rep. Pyramid up in weights and then make yourself pyramid back down. Also try some negative reps since it helps your wrists get used to heavier weight. Just a few ideas. Though to be honest if you are just trying to get "cut" you need different kinds of workouts then the kind that are done to make you stronger.
    I usually go to my college's gym, and I was running about 2-3 miles 3 times a week, but ever since the break, I think I gained all the weight I might of lost. I think I'm going to try to lose some weight and work on reps more then say weight. I would like to get down to 175 or so, but I don't know if I have the mental toughness to do so.

if you want to lose weight drink ALOT of water. It will do the same thing that taking diet pills do. It makes water run through your system quickly. Also try drinking a glass of water before you eat, one while your eating and one after you eat. It helps your digestion which is a big part of your weight.

I was told to strength your core when you want to bench. All i want to do is add 10 maybe 15lbs (nothing more!) of muscle and I'm good at my size. 10 is doable if I really want it. Just go all out. 4 days a week, step up diet and within a year I should be able to get 10.

Screw a vert. I play ball but I dont care about dunkin. Too old. Those hoop dreams/days are gone.

yeah. Like i said you can google me and find me on an old crappy recruiting site but it will at least show that i was close to what i am now coming out of hs. Ive grown an inch and gained some weight since then but like i said there is at least some evidence that im tellin the truth.
    I'm not googling you. Pix? Sure. Info? Sure. Raiderfan from Tulskalusca Texas? No way!
    Last edited by GOBB; 01-21-2007 at 01:40 PM.

ht: 5-10/5-11

weight: 165

vertical leap: idk but i can do 2 handed jam

max bench: not a gym guy

standing reach: don't know

wingspan: average, i think

40 yard dash: 4-5

Or ALB can wait for ISH Victor Conte (hateraid) to sell him some "clear" :