Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-12-2019, 01:24 AM   #1
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

Default 5/11/19. . . . Moving Forward. . . .

So, it looks as if the Lakers have thrown some fire suppressant on top of their most recent four-alarm dumpster fire.

Personally, I was hoping that Ty Lue would not become the coach. Mostly because I was hoping that they would infuse some fresh blood into the organization rather than more inbreeding just because of familiarity.

Not sure the fire will die out, but the night sky will have a little less glow on the horizon.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:07 AM   #2
bladefd
The Renaissance man

Default Re: 5/11/19. . . . Moving Forward. . . .

I definitely like Vogel signing. I trust his judgment as it pertains to rotations and defense. I do have questions about how he plans on running the offense. He is a halfcourr guy who likes to slow it down and spread the ball, which I like. I hope he has good assistant coaches, we will need that certainly. I want to see someone who specializes in fast pace style offense to help make Vogel's offense more electric and hybrid for modern nba.

I think we have the right personnel for his style but I do want us to make some changes. I would trade either Ingram or Kuzma for a Bradley Beal or someone if we can't pull off Davis trade. I also think we badly need to sign an elite player like kawhi/kd/klay/kyrie if we want to make a playoff push. It seems like KD will leave Warriors to go East (or Clippers), and Warriors will pay max to keep klay. Kawhi may be our best shot. I don't exactly want kyrie because I don't think he is reliable across 4 quarters and I prefer sticking to Lonzo running the point. I don't think Kyrie would be smart at shooting guard even though it may work.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #3
dd24
NBA lottery pick

I think it's a bad signing. There's clearly issues with the upper management in the organization. All these mediocre people they interviewed and then to force them to take Jason Kidd as an assistant is odd. It's a sad day when the Cavaliers hire a better coach than the Lakers lol.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #4
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

Well, this certainly throws a lot of water on that fire. Credit where it's due. Glad they didn't give up Kuzma, and I kinda wish Ball could have stayed, but I think a good FA pickup will take care of that.

Acquiring Davis with LBJ and Kuzma already here makes them a force to be reckoned with going forward.

It's not out of the question that they could land Kemba Walker as a FA too. . . .

Anthony Davis
Kyle Kuzma
LeBron James
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Kemba Walker

The bench could be a little thin though depending on who wants to go along for the wild ride for a reduced paycheck.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:55 AM   #5
bladefd
The Renaissance man

I only wish we could have kept Hart and traded Wagner instead..

Then we could have focused our main resources on getting a pg. Hart would be good enough to start at sg as 5th option. Now we have to get both a starting pg and sg..
Old Today, 04:31 AM   #6
bladefd
The Renaissance man

I posted this in general forum..

How about this scenario.. Sign Butler to $28m. Fill up cap to enter luxury tax threshold to activate mle, which is 9mil in 2019-20. Sign Beverley for $6m of the MLE. Use remaining MLE to sign Danny Green or some vet who plays guard. You next still have bi-annual exception, which is $3m so you can still get another player for BAE (use it by splitting it to keep Caruso/Johnathon Williams imo). Then you can go into veterans minimum like Vince Carter..

AD/Williams
LeBron/Wagner
Kuzma/Green
Butler/Carter/Bonga
Beverley/Caruso

Source for mle: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/...xceptions.html
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: