Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Do straight guys do this?

american, no we dont do that, protocol is to not even urinate next to another man, you have to go to the next urinal over. but, in other cultures outside of america they are alot more friendly, in vietnam kids still hold hands as a sign of friendship, and young adults still put there arms around eachother as a sign of friendship.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Yeah, he says he hates gay people/homosexuality. But he had a cousin come out recently and I guess that changed his perspective somewhat. But not really.

I should just take him at face value on this subject. But other times I wonder if he really is just hiding his own sexuality with that attitude. Not because of the stereotype that anti-gay people are secretly gay, but because of things like what I wrote in my initial post. But maybe that's just me hoping meaningless actions have meaning.
    Does this friend know you like men? would it be a 2 punch combo of shocking news, you're bi and you think he's cute.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Double question if you're Spanish or from South America- is it a cultural thing with you guys? Maybe sitting so close to someone is more the norm down there.
    I'm Spanish...it's normal. People from the States are always overly conservative about personal space and touching etc.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

op is a fakkit

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

I don't think making a little skin-to-skin contact with another person makes you gay or straight if it's a female, so I don't think about it like that. I'm not going to assume a guy is gay if it was more comfortable for him to rest his leg and it happens to brush up against mine. I'm the opposite where I might assume a guy is gay if he makes a big deal about things like that. I get the idea that its a front because dude fears being outed.

Then again, I don't care too much about what other people think about my actions. I went to PRIDE with a bunch of my gay friends. I'm sure most people assumed I was gay considering the group I was in, and I had a bunch of guys hit on me. No big deal. I know what I like and that's all that matters.

In this situation how well do you know this person? I mean it would be uncommon for complete strangers to deliberately do this.

If its somebody I don't know I don't want them on top of me like that.

But guys I've been friends with for a bit its not an issue really.

Sure I'd want them to move over so I can stretch out but its not something I'd really care about.

I lived in a frat house in college though so I got used to not having enough space.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

If he's a foreigner then no since alot of cultures are okay with with their sexuality, some don't mind sleeping in a bed with another man or just doing a lot of touching in general.

But for Americans its different everyone wants to be independent and are weird when it comes to personal space. But if they are friends I'm guessing they are just fuxkng with eachither.

I like my personal space but I don't freak out if someone's in the next urinal or sits next to me. I mean the ancient Greeks were wrestling naked in the Olympics...

Unless you guys are extremely rich...if you want to travel across Europe or Latin America you have to get over stuff like this. Staying in hostels, rooms with 10 people in a small hotel room, there's nothing like privacy or personal space.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    If he's a foreigner then no since alot of cultures are okay with with their sexuality, some don't mind sleeping in a bed with another man or just doing a lot of touching in general.
    Damn that is awkwardly worded. A lot cultures have different standards on platonic physical contact. Sex is completely out of the equation here.

Personally I wouldn't consider that normal. It's just not the norm. I don't even do that with my closest guy friends, unless we're just joking around or simply in a confined space. I mean, it's natural human instinct to pull away when a stranger gets that close right? "You're invading my personal space"

But if they're from a different culture, then yea it's a whole different story. What country were they from again?

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Damn that is awkwardly worded. A lot cultures have different standards on platonic physical contact. Sex is completely out of the equation here.
    Lol iwasnt talking about actual sexuak intercourse

My message got lost in translation since I'm typing on my phone

I'm just trying to say Americans are more worried when it comes to personal space

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    I'm Spanish...it's normal. People from the States are always overly conservative about personal space and touching etc.
    Thanks, I'm guessing that's probabbllyyy the misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Does this friend know you like men? would it be a 2 punch combo of shocking news, you're bi and you think he's cute.
    Nope, he has no idea. I think it would be way too shocking if I told him both of those things. The first one I think he could live with, the second one, unless he's secretly into guys, idk. I could see why he wouldn't want to hang out with me knowing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    op is a fakkit
    Andrew Wiggins is.. a.. good basketball player..