Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why are the beatles so hyped

Quote Originally Posted by MrC1991
    Led Zepplin > Rolling Stones, The Beatles. IMO.
    Personal opinions in terms of what I like:
    (only counting rock bands and only their catalog from like '66-'69):
    Velvet Underground > Beatles > The Who > Led Zeppelin > Hendrix > Rolling Stones > Beach Boys > Kinks > Doors

something like that, I know im missing some like byrds, floyd, cream etc but I dont know where to fit them and they wouldn't be near the top for me

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

The Beatles > all. The greatest singular force in the history of popular entertainment. Enormously popular AND critically revered. Sgt Pepper, Revolver, Rubber Soul, The White Album, and Abbey Road are regularly found near the top of greatest albums lists. They've been covered by every artist you can think of.

Even musicologists love them, which is why their music is vigorously studied in music schools. These guys were more than just three simple chords and the truth, don't kid yourselves.

How badass were the Beatles? Their repackaged greatest hits ("1"), released 30 years after they broke up, was the best selling album of the 2000s.

For the period of 2000-2009, they were outsold only by Eminem, a current artist. That's insane.
    Last edited by ThePhantomCreep; 02-01-2016 at 10:32 PM.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Because they are the greatest band in history and revolutionized music

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I've been in rock bands since I was 14 and still play in a couple. I didn't get into the beatles until later in life. I used to think they were overhyped but they aren't. A lot of their music is just plain beautiful. They were a revolutionary band that wrote excellent music and executed it perfectly.

I love Jimi, Zepp, Pink Floyd, the Stones, etc. a lot of the bands mentioned ITT, but there is something different about the Beatles.. I don't know if it's purity or music for music's sake, sans gaudy guitar solos and/or ridiculous vocal riffing, there is something that's just so wonderful about so many of their songs.

I really really enjoy sharing Beatles music with my baby girl. Took my love of the band to a new level.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

What ****ing retard...all OP deserves is derision and ridicule.

Banned

their albums are bomb as fuck, especially Rubber Souls, Magical Mystery Tour, Revolver, White Album and Let it Be.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    I've been in rock bands since I was 14 and still play in a couple. I didn't get into the beatles until later in life. I used to think they were overhyped but they aren't. A lot of their music is just plain beautiful. They were a revolutionary band that wrote excellent music and executed it perfectly.

I love Jimi, Zepp, Pink Floyd, the Stones, etc. a lot of the bands mentioned ITT, but there is something different about the Beatles.. I don't know if it's purity or music for music's sake, sans gaudy guitar solos and/or ridiculous vocal riffing, there is something that's just so wonderful about so many of their songs.

I really really enjoy sharing Beatles music with my baby girl. Took my love of the band to a new level.

If you consider yourself a fan of rock music and think the Beatles are overhyped, then you have no clue about rock music. Even more so if you're a rock musician. I've also played guitar in rock bands when I was single...

I have a varied taste in music, at my core I'm a metal fan, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Tool, SOAD, Soundgarden, Megadeth, Metallica...

Huge fan of AC/DC too, they were fans of the Beatles also.

GOAT rock band in my opinion is the Beatles and my all time fave band when it's all said and done. I also love Pink Floyd, Led Zep, The Who, Stones, The Doors, The Eagles, Hendrix, Santana, Radiohead, RHCP, RATM, David Bowie, Queen but gun to my head...The Beatles

Kids saying the Beatles are overhyped/overrated is the same as saying Michael Jordan was overhyped/overrated.

I'm gonna make sure my two young sons appreciate great rock music, and it starts with The Beatles.
    Last edited by TheMan; 02-02-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Banned

I think Beatles aren't the best Rock band, beatles are more like pop artists than Rock artists. I think the Beatles are the best pop band.

Led Zeppelin and the Who and Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles are better than the Beatles in terms of making rock music.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    I have a varied taste in music, at my core I'm a metal fan, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Tool, SOAD, Soundgarden, Megadeth, Metallica...
    You have great taste

I'm seeing Maiden next month.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    I think Beatles aren't the best Rock band, beatles are more like pop artists than Rock artists. I think the Beatles are the best pop band.

Led Zeppelin and the Who and Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles are better than the Beatles in terms of making rock music.

They have never been a rock band...even during the Peter Green days its blues not rock...that you say they are a better rock band than the Beatles is just embarrassing for you, me, and all of us. I actually saw them play live last year at the Forum too...they have never been a rock band. The eagles aren't much of a rock band either...especially before Joe Walsh joined up. He literally was only asked to join so they could be a legitimate rock band. He makes them a rock band and even then it's more a soft rock band then anything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

They have never been a rock band...even during the Peter Green days its blues not rock...that you say they are a better rock band than the Beatles is just embarrassing for you, me, and all of us. I actually saw them play live last year at the Forum too...they have never been a rock band. The eagles aren't much of a rock band either...especially before Joe Walsh joined up. He literally was only asked to join so they could be a legitimate rock band. He makes them a rock band and even then it's more a soft rock band then anything.
    You're right.
    This isn't rock

This is blues. Not rock.

This is not rock.

This isn't rock either.

Neither is this.

DURPADOODLEDOO

I'm Only Sleeping on Revolver is so fvcking good

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I'm Only Sleeping on Revolver is so fvcking good
    Hell yeah, that's my favorite Beatles song! So good.

Beatles stopped playing live halfway through their career, that damages their case for GOAT band. They don't have enough epic live shows on their resume compared to Zeppelin, Springsteen, the Who and other total package rock bands.

Holy shit I forgot Springsteen, to me he is the GOAT Rocker. Best songwriter and best album maker.

Nebraska, Born to Run, Born in the USA, Darkness on the Edge of Town, the River, the Rising, holy shit
    Last edited by Nick Young; 02-02-2016 at 03:11 AM.

How is that not alpha? They chose to not tour because their albums sold so well

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    How is that not alpha? They chose to not tour because their albums sold so well
    That's not why they chose not to tour, they wanted to spend all their time on drugs and in the studio, which is fine, but live performance is part of the game. A lot of the coolest Beatles songs they wouldn't have been able to play very well live.

The Who and Springsteen were putting on legendary shows every night for years, Springsteen still puts on legendary concerts to this day.